This year (2022), GoPro has launched two flagship Hero cameras – the GoPro Hero 11 Black and the GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini. As the name suggests, the Hero 11 Black Mini is the first of its kind ‘Mini‘ camera by GoPro.
The GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini is a highly versatile compact camera. It comes with a new, larger image sensor that captures more of the scene with higher image quality. Although the camera is smaller than the Hero 11 Black, it is almost as powerful, with some amazing features and improvements including HyperSmooth 5.0, new night effects, and 10-bit color.
In this post, you’ll get full information about the GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini – Our Full Review of this compact action camera, its detailed specs, features, price, and more.
GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini: Specifications
Here are the key specs of the GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini:
- Weight: 133 grams
- Dimensions:52.4 W x 51.2 H x 38 D (mm)
- System Processor: GP2
- Image Sensor: 1/1.9″ CMOS
- Photo Resolution: Captures Video only
- Video Resolution: 5.3K60, 4K120 + 2.7K240 Wide FOV 16:9, 4:3, 8:7 aspect ratios
- Stabilization: HyperSmooth 5.0 with AutoBoost
- Waterproof: Yes, Up to 33ft.
- Battery: Embedded 1500mAh w/Enduro Battery Technology
- Live Streaming: Yes, in 1080p resolution
- Highlights: Automatic Highlight Videos, One Button Simplicity, 5.3K60 + 4K120 Resolution Video, HyperSmooth 5.0 Stabilization, Dual built-in mounting fingers
- In the Box: HERO11 Black Mini Camera, Curved Adhesive Mount, Mounting Buckle, USB-C Cable, Thumb Screw, Camera Case
GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini: Full Review
Featuring a smaller, lighter, and simpler design, the Hero 11 Black Mini is significantly more comfortable to wear when capturing point-of-view footage, and dual mounting fingers boost your body and helmet mounting options. Even though it has a smaller size, it gives the same incredible Hero 11 Black video performance.
The Hero 11 Black Mini features a tough outer shell that makes it highly durable. It features the same larger image sensor as the Hero 11 Black and allows you to get incredible highlight videos sent to your phone automatically.
Have a look at all the amazing features of the Hero 11 Black Mini.
Notable Features of GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini
- SuperView up to 5K60/4K120: SuperView is available right up to 5K60/4K120 in Hero 11 Black Mini. In comparison, 4K/60 was the max for SuperView in Hero 10.
- Larger Image Sensor: Hero 11 Black Mini comes with a larger 1/1.9-inch sensor (versus a 1/2.3-inch sensor in the Hero 10 ). It comes with a native 8:7 aspect ratio.
- New HyperView Lens: The new hyper-immersive HyperView digital lens delivers the widest angle 16:9 shot ever produced natively in a GoPro Hero camera.
- HyperSmooth 5.0: HyperSmooth’s fifth iteration in Hero 11 Black Mini offers even better stabilization.
- Enduro Battery: Hero 11 Black Mini’s embedded Enduro battery extends recording time by up to 38 percent, as claimed by GoPro.
Here’s our detailed review of how the new GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini:
The Hero 11 Black Mini is a tiny GoPro that’s just 52.4 x 38 x 51.2mm in dimensions. When it comes to weight, the Hero 11 Black Mini weighs 133 grams. The camera doesn’t feature any display whatsoever. It has a one-button design. All you need to do is point & shoot to record a 5.3K video.
There’s no Mode button on the Hero 11 Mini. But, you can adjust video settings later in the GoPro Quik app. On the back, you get a second pair of dual-mounting fingers.
When it comes to performance, the Hero 11 Black Mini is hugely similar to the standard Hero 11 Black. It features a new 8×7 sensor that’s capable of capturing 5.3K resolution video at 60fps or 4K at 120fps. In 2.7K resolution, you can also record up to 8X slo-mo shots. However, please note that the Mini camera doesn’t capture still shots. It only shoots videos.
The video resolutions that the Hero 11 Black Mini supports include 5.3K at 60FPS, 4K at 120FPS, and 2.7K at 240FPS. Also, SuperView is now available right up to 5K60/4K120. In comparison, the Hero 10 maxed out at 4K/60 for the SuperView FOV. TimeWarp 3.0 is also improved. It can now capture at 5.3K resolution.
The GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini features HyperSmooth 5.0 stabilization technology with an in-camera 360-degree Horizon Lock. It keeps your footage steady even if your camera rotates a full 360 degrees during capture. All in all, Hero 11 Black Mini’s stabilization is the best you’ve seen in any GoPro Hero camera.
The GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini features an amazing GP2 processor which ensures that the camera always gives a butter-smooth performance. You’ll feel almost no lag whatsoever with the Hero 11 Black Mini, which is pretty great.
The GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini pack GoPro’s new Enduro battery. It offers a big boost in cold temperatures and increases recording times by up to 38% in moderate temperatures. However, as opposed to the Hero 11 Black, the Mini model sports a non-removable battery. Its capacity is also a bit lower, at 1500mAh as compared to the standard Hero 11 Black’s 1720mAh.
Despite this difference in capacity, you get quite similar battery life in both cameras. That’s because the Mini model doesn’t have a display, which means that the battery drain will be lesser. It compensates for the lower battery capacity in Mini.
The GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini is, for obvious reasons, priced lesser than the standard GoPro Hero 11 Black. Presently, the GoPro Hero 11 Black is available at $399.98 with a 1-year GoPro subscription or $499.99 without the subscription. The Hero 11 Mini, on the other hand, costs $100 lower – $299.98 with a 1-year GoPro subscription or $399.99 without the subscription.
Verdict: Is GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini Worth Buying?
Despite its smaller size and the absence of screens, the Hero 11 Black Mini features similar specs in comparison with the standard Hero 11 Black when it comes to video resolution, stabilization tech, and performance. And, it is priced at almost $100 less. However, since the standard Hero 11 Black is already pretty compact, it’s unlikely that you’d want to go with the Mini only due to its compact size.
Therefore, one of the main reasons why you would want a Hero 11 Mini would be its price. If you want the cheapest GoPro with all the latest specs, the Mini is your best bet.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you know all about the recently launched GoPro Hero 11 Black Mini action camera and whether you should go for an upgrade. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends
- GoPro Hero 10 Release Date, SECRET Rumors, Features, Price
- GoPro Hero 9 Tutorial: Tips for Getting Started
- 10 BEST GoPro Hero 9 Accessories for Travel & Action 
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Full Comparison & Review
- 7 Best SD Card for DJI Osmo in 2021