If you are someone who is planning to buy a Drone then, this article is of utmost importance to you. You can not just buy a drone and fly it in the air at your own will. There are certain security steps that need to be followed for a seamless process. One of them involves entering the drone’s registration number into the DJI Fly app. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) entails that a registration number be affixed to a drone so that it can be located easily during the visual inspection in a given area.
In this article, you will learn how to find the Registration Number for DJI Fly App.
What is DJI Fly App?
The DJI Fly App is a user based App that gives users integrated access to SkyPixel, a soical media platform for sharing their beautiful aerial shots and videos. You can browse, share and discover mesmerising shots captured in the air.
Why do you need the DJI Fly App?
If you are someone who enjoys aerial photography then, along with your Drone you need the DJI Fly app to get it into the air. It’s interface is designed to be simplified and ultra-intuitive. You can access all features, get latest updates along with editing and sharing the best shots in the sky. It is basically built to optimize your aerial experience.
How to Find the Registration Number for DJI Fly App?
The registration to the DJI Fly App is an extremely simple process. Below mentioned are few of the necessary steps that need to be followed and boom you’ll be done in no given time.
How to Register to DJI Fly App?
The two main steps to register are mentioned below.
Step 1: Create an Account with DJI Fly App
The first step is a general procedure which you follow in day-today purchase and sale online. Visit the DJI website and create an account for making initial purchase from DJI online shop.
Step 2: Connect your DJI Fly App Account to your DJI Drones
After connecting your drone with your DJI account using the DJI Fly smartphone app, you can activate products via a mobile device linked to the drone’s remote controller.
How to Find the Registration Number for DJI Fly App?
Finding the registration number can be a challenge for someone who is new to drones. To simplify the overall process of finding the serial number and linking the DJI Fly App to your drone, the below section lists few steps that might prove helpful for you. Read on to know more.
In the DJI Fly App
- Connect your drone, controller, and the DJI Fly App.
- Click the button in the top right corner and Go to General Settings.
- Go to the bottom and select the option “About” and find the serial number.
This procedure would work only if DJI Fly App account is linked to the DJI drone.
On the Body of the Drone
You can also find the registration number on one of the following :
- оn thе tаіl оf thе drоnе
- thе расkаgіng of drone
- thе bоttоm оf thе drоnе
- on or near the bаttеrу соmраrtmеnt
Registration Number on different models of DJI Drones
- DJI Avata: You can find the S/N in two locations: inside the battery compartment of the drone, and under the barcode on the outer box.
- DЈІ Mavic Serіeѕ – DЈІ Mavic 3/Mavic 3 Сіnе: The registration number can be found on the sticker on the battery compartment, you can also check it on the barcode tasker on the original расkаgіng.
- DЈІ Маvіс Аіr/ Аіr 2Ѕ: For this series, the serial number can be found in the same places as it is on the previous series.
- DЈІ Mavic Mіnі Ѕerіeѕ – DЈІ Mavic Mіnі Ѕe / Mіnі 2: For the DЈІ Mavic Mіnі Ѕerіeѕ – DЈІ Mavic Mіnі Ѕe / Mіnі 2 you may look on the battery compartment or on the barcode on the packaging.
- DЈІ Маvіс Рrо Ѕеrіеѕ: The battery compartment and the drum blade are the two places you should look for the serial number in Pro series.
- Рhаntоm 3, 3 ЅЕ: The normal ѕеrіаl number can be found on the bottom of the drone. The gimbal board for Phantom 3 and Phantom 3 SE is where the gimbal serial number is expected to be.
- Рhаntоm 4: For Phantom 4, it is located on the battery compartment.
- DЈІ Іnѕріrе 1: The gimbal axle holds the gimbal serial number for the DJI Inspire 1 model and the registration number can be found on the tail.
- DЈІ FPV Ѕеrіеѕ: The registration number for DJI FPV series can be found on two places : One being the outer box packaging and on the sticker in the battery compartment of the drone.
Did You Find Your Registration Number Yet?
DJI Fly App gives its users a chance to showcase their creativity to the world. After editing, you can upload your creations to SkyPixel. It opens up a whole new world of Aerial Photography for you. You can edit, share and see the works of other photographers for inspiration. For all new users, it can be a challenge finding the registration number, the above article will hopefully help you develop the connection between your Drone and DJI Fly App via the Registration Number.
P.s. Post unboxing your drone, the first thing you should do is register it with the FAA.
Does the Drone Registration Number Expire?
Yes, it does expire. Whether you are using it for commercial or recreational use, the registration number expires after a period of three years. But the good part is updating your registration info is as simple as registering it.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you know about how to find the registration number for DJI Fly App. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- How to Download DJI Fly App on Your Device
- DJI App Not Working? Let’s find a Solution
- How to Download DJI Mimo App on Your Device
- 5 DJI Mini 2 Bags & Cases to Carry Your Drone Everywhere
- DJI Mavic Mini 2: BEST Accessories for Best Performance