Being compact, lightweight and waterproof, GoPro cameras have the ability to reach places where most other cameras can’t! Not only do these cameras provide superior quality footage, they are also sturdy and not very expensive. All this makes GoPro the most in-demand action camera.
But you can’t hold or wear your GoPro all the time, such as while driving, or during certain water activities like surfing, jet-skiing etc. For these situations, you’ll need your camera to stay put and to record your awesome adventures. This can be achieved by using a secure GoPro Suction Cup mounts. This is a very effective way to mount your GoPro to any flat surface, like a car windscreen, a surfboard, or a kayak.
How strong is the GoPro Suction Cup?
Suction Cup mounts for GoPro are incredibly stable and sturdy, provided that you have bought a good quality one, like the GoPro official Suction Cup. It is proven at speeds as high as 150+ mph!
However, there are a lot of options available in the market today, both high quality as well as cheap ones. So, make sure that you do prior research before deciding on which one to buy. Read on to know more about some of the best suction cups in the market.
Suction cups are so strong that they are highly recommended to use for Cockpit Videos. Check out this article to learn more about these videos and the best setting for them.
Using a suction cup mount is a great way to turn your GoPro into a dash cam for your car. It allows you to securely attach your camera to the windshield or dashboard of your vehicle, providing a stable and unobstructed view of the road ahead. With the suction cup mount, you can capture high-quality footage of your driving experiences, including scenic drives, road trips, and even unexpected events such as accidents or near-misses. It’s also a great tool for monitoring your driving habits and improving your skills behind the wheel.
What should you consider before buying a GoPro Suction Cup?
Now we’ll discuss some important things that you should consider before buying a GoPro Suction Cup.
- Suction Cup Size & Strength: Usually, the bigger the suction cup mount, the stronger it is. This is especially true if you plan to mount your GoPro outside your car while driving, as you’ll need a mount with extra strength.
- Build Quality: You must keep in mind the build quality of the mount you’re planning to buy. Reading reviews on amazon might come in handy to know of the build quality. Always go for suction cups with solid and durable joints and plastic.
- Suction Locking System: Knowing the suction locking mechanism of the mount can be helpful to judge if it is secure enough for your needs.
- Weather: Depending upon where you use it, your mount may be exposed to all kinds of weather conditions; so you might need the one that can withstand rain, snow, mud, dirt, or sand.
Best GoPro Suction Cup Mounts
Here I have listed and reviewed the 7 Strongest GoPro Suction Cup Mounts for steady shots:
#1: GoPro Suction Cup Mount | Official GoPro
GoPro official Suction Cup Mount is a lightweight, portable & strong gear to attach on your cars, bikes, boats and more to get stable, quality images and videos.
- Attach your GoPro to cars, boats, motorcycles and more
- Industrial strength suction cup proven at speeds of 150+ mph
- Engineered to provide a broad range of motion and stability
What we like: Having large buttons, it provides easy accessibility. It is waterproof (down to 131’/40m). Compatible with all GoPro cameras, this mount features quick release base for easy in-out. The industrial strength suction cup is proven at high speeds of 150+ mph.
What we don’t like: One of the major drawbacks in this product is that varied angles by rotation can only be obtained by undo-ing the suction and then re-attaching it. Also, this suction mount locks well, but is a bit sticky on surface.
#2: Suction Cup with GorillaPod Arm for GoPro | Joby
If you need a stylish yet sturdy suction cup mount for your GoPro, Joby Suction Cup with GorillaPod Arm is the perfect pick for you. Its sleek black parts and red rubber grips give a premium look to this mount.
- CAPTURE SUPERIOR PERSPECTIVES. Look at life from a different point of view with as...
- QUICK-TWIST LOCK. Just twist and turn a quarter turn to the right as you feel the...
- MIX AND MATCH. Innovative, high tech, and easy to use. This JOBY Suction Cup with...
What we like: This solid suction cup mount is made with high quality material: medical-grade ABS plastic, stainless steel, and TPE. It’s both waterproof as well as rust-proof. So, you need not worry about the weather as it can withstand even extreme weather conditions. To add to this, the stability of this mount is awesome! It’s perfect for smooth, shake-free footage, with no vibrations whatsoever.
What we don’t like: This wonderful mount is both style and substance. The only minor thing that I feel is missing in it is the ability to attach it to textured surfaces.
#3: Fat Gecko GoPro Camera Suction Cup | Delkin
Fat Gecko Suction Cup by Delkin is for those who want the suction power of their mount to be top-notch! It features triple suction, which gives you guaranteed stability.
- Mounts to Any Smooth, Non-Porous Surface or Object
- 3X Patented 3 in. Industrial Suction Cups
- Universal ¼”-20 Photography Mount
What we like: This suction cup mount is immensely stable due to three industrial grade suction cups which enable you to snap or record incredibly low-angle shots while travelling at high speeds. The mount is constructed to endure any shooting environment and its metal design makes it able to resist corrosion, wear & breakage. Other notable features that I like in this mount are:
- Adjustability upto 360 degree tilt due to Six adjustment points and Three ball points.
- It is Waterproof.
What we don’t like: This is, overall, a good product. The only drawback that I can think of about this product is that it is a bit heavy.
#4: Twist-Lock Suction Cup Base with Ball for GoPro | RAM Mounts
RAM Twist-Lock suction cup base is ideal for those who want a GoPro mount for their car windshield or any other nonporous surface.
- RAM Twist-Lock suction cup base is ideal for vehicle windshields and other nonporous...
- Includes diamond ball base compatible with any B size RAM double socket arm; ball and...
- Made of high-strength composite and powder-coated, marine-grade aluminum for...
What we like: Made up of high quality, marine-grade aluminum, this suction cup is known for its durability and reliability in the most demanding environments. One thing that I particularly like about this suction cup mount is that it gives maximum flexibility in adjusting the angle after it is securely locked. Another plus: This product is backed by a lifetime warranty!
What we don’t like: If you keep it attached for longer durations, this mount may loosen its hold/grip and come off. So, you need to remove it regularly and clean the surface of windscreen before mounting it back again.
#5: 50-In-1 GoPro Accessory Kit with Suction Mount | Neewer
The 50-In-1 GoPro Accessory Kit with Suction Mount by Neewer is an all-in-one fun kit to accompany you for all your thrilling adventures. It includes many mounts, straps and harnesses to keep your GoPro secure while you are making some amazing memories during diving, swimming, driving a car, climbing, biking etc.
- Ultimate Compatibility: Compatible with GoPro Hero 11 10 9 8 GoPro Max GoPro Fusion,...
- Straps for Head, Chest & Helmet: Designed for all head sizes and body shapes, the...
- Wrist Strap & Floating Handle Grip: The wrist strap with a 360° rotatable mount is...
What we like: This kit is lightweight and durable. It consists of:
- head and chest straps,
- selfie stick,
- bike handlebar holder,
- elastic wrist strap, and
- car suction cup.
The suction cup can easily mount your GoPro to your car windshield or any other smooth surface, like porcelain tile, car dashboard etc. Overall, this kit probably offers everything that you need to mount your GoPro and is a great value for money.
What we don’t like: I recommend you to do your research on which GoPro mounts you actually want and then individually choose the product that is sturdy enough for your needs. Though inexpensive, the quality of a few accessories included in this kit is not up to the mark.
#6: 3-Cup Action Camera Suction Cup Mount | Fantaseal
As its name suggests, 3-Cup Action Camera Suction Cup Mount by Fantaseal features three vacuum super suction bases so that it can be firmly absorbed on any smooth surface, such as ceramic surfaces, car windscreen/windshield, plate glass door, car window, car top roof, car door etc.
- 【Tips & 100% SATISFACTION】: 100% quality and customer satisfied guarantee. If our...
- 【STABILITY AND SECURITY】: Unique tri-cup suction design with 3 vacuum super...
- 【Multiple Angle 】Include 1/4” ball head screw adapter, compatible with any...
What we like: Made of high strength ABS material, this suction cup mount is lightweight yet sturdy. It has a unique tri-cup suction design which helps to keep it in place even at high speeds. The ballhead enables 360 degree rotation, which lets you have a wide choice of angle adjustments for your shots. This mount is compatible with all GoPro and GoPro-like action cams.
What we don’t like: The suction cups of this product work great, but that’s about it! The quality of plastic used in the rest of the mount is not great. It is prone to break off.
How to use GoPro Suction Cup on Car
It’s pretty simple to use GoPro Suction Cup on car. Here are the general steps to install and use GoPro Suction Cup:
- Ensure that the surface where you’re attaching the mount is rigid, dry, smooth and non textured.
- Thoroughly clean the surface before installing.
- Place the suction cup flat on the surface, and press the button firmly.
- Pull back the lever to lock the suction in place.
- After attaching the suction cup, attach GoPro with the thumbscrew provided (procedure varies from mount to mount)
- To remove, you just need to unlock the lever and pull the mount back up.
Also check out: “Top 10 GoPro Car Mounts & Accessories fro steady shots”
This illustration can help you out with installing your suction cup on a flat surface:
That’s it, you’re all set to use your GoPro to capture amazing, stable and high quality shots right from your car!
Do you want to know how to mount you GoPro on a boat?
How to mount your GoPro to a paddle board?
More GoPro Mounts for Awesome shots!
In addition to suction cup mounts, there are plenty of other types of mounts for your GoPro that you can use to attain perfect shots while you’re enjoying your activity. For example, you may use GoPro Helmet Mounts while biking or motorcycling to capture awesome POV shots. To know more about various other types of mounts, have a look at the below links.
Do you want to know more about different GoPro mounts?
Check out this article where I review the 13 most used GoPro mounts & accessories.
What Suction Cup Do You Prefer?
Having a suction cup mount for your GoPro camera can enhance your creativity and provide unique perspectives for your videos and photos. From the affordable AmazonBasics Suction Cup to the versatile and durable GoPro Suction Cup, the above list covers some of the best suction cup mounts available in the market.
It’s important to note that proper installation is crucial for the safety of your camera, and the tips provided can help ensure a secure attachment. So, before you hit the road or water, make sure you have the right suction cup mount for your GoPro to capture those epic moments.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you to choose GoPro suction cup.:)
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!