Whether you’re out on a motorcycle trip that involves travelling for days together, or you’re just going for a short leisure ride, GoPro proves to be a real asset if you really look forward to capture awesome, professional looking shots.
But you can’t hold your camera all the time, especially while riding! To make things easier, there are several kinds of GoPro mounts available. These mounts enable you to take great POV footage hands-free. So, you don’t need to lose your focus from riding, and still you won’t miss capturing the picturesque shots on your way.
GoPro motorcycle mounts can broadly be classified into two types: handlebar or helmet. You can attach handlebar mounts directly to the handle of your bike, while helmet mounts are to be attached to your helmet. There are different kinds of helmet mounts too: Some fit at the front or side, while others have to be attached to the chin of your helmet.
Here I have tried to help you choose which motorcycle mount is the best for you by compiling a list of Top 7 GoPro Motorcycle Mounts:
Motorcycle Helmet & Chin Mounts
Helmets are a MUST for your safety while you’re riding your motorcycle. And what’s better than having a mount that attaches your GoPro right on that helmet of yours! Here are four such mounts that I like.
#1: GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount (All GoPro Cameras)
GoPro official Helmet Front+Side Mount is a high quality adhesive tape based mount that is compatible with all GoPro cameras. It is ideal for biking and motorcycling.
- Versatile front and side helmet-mounting solution
- Offers maximum adjustability for a variety of shots and capture angles
- Includes easier-to-use integrated mounting buckle
What we like: GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount is a great choice when looking for a durable helmet mount. It can be secured to either front or side of your helmet. The industrial grade, waterproof adhesive ensures that you can use it even during rainy days and windy conditions.
What we don’t like: The only major drawback of this product is that it may not fit on some helmets: those that have a lot of open space. Also, being adhesive based, it is a permanent addition to your helmet.
#2: Taisioner Adjustable GoPro Helmet Mount Kit
Taisioner Adjustable GoPro Helmet Mount is another great adhesive based mount for your helmet. This one is also compatible with all GoPro cameras and is ideal for activities like biking, motorcycling and even extreme adventures like skydiving.
- ☆ Compatible with GoPro Hero 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Session / Polaroid / AKASO /...
- ☆ Including the side mounting could adjust the shoot degree you need on your...
- ☆ The flat curved mount will install steadiness with sticker to adapt different...
What we like: Compatible with all GoPro cameras in addition to other action cameras like Sony, Polaroid etc., this helmet mount ensures that your camera never drops out due to its strong adhesive. The flexibility of flat curved mount helps in adjusting the camera to most surfaces.
What we don’t like: One major drawback of this mount is that the straps of this mount go inside the chin of the helmet, which makes it difficult/impossible to seal the windscreen of your helmet, depending upon the kind of helmet you have.
#3: Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Strap for GoPro by Lupholue
Another high quality product from the house of Lupholue, this chin mount strap is compatible with all GoPro cameras. If you’re looking for a chin mount for your bike/motorcycle adventures, this is the perfect choice!
- DURABLE MATERIAL - made of premium plastic, silicone and woven belt. It can be...
- STRAP DESIGN - the mount can be fastened on the helmet chin. Tighten or loose the...
- J HOOK - No complicated cooperation with installing or removing, a J hook on the base...
What we like: This lightweight, strap based helmet chin mount is made with high quality and durable materials. It is adjustable and lets you set a position for that perfect angle you desire!
What we don’t like: This mount is not as compact as compared to its competitors, which can be a no-no for some people.
#4: Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount for GoPro by AxPower
AxPower Helmet Chin mount is an adhesive based chin mount that will work with almost any GoPro Hero series camera. It is your ideal partner for your biking or motorcycling trips!
- MUST HAVE ACCESSORY - This multi-function helmet mount kit is must-have GoPro...
- HELMET CHIN MOUNT - The helmet chin mount is with extension arm which can swivel...
- J HOOK MOUNT - You can combine the J-hook mount with a curved mount to use it on the...
What we like: This helmet mount by AxPower lets you set your GoPro in three placements:
- chin of helmet,
- side of helmet, or
- top of helmet.
It has an extension arm that can swivel 180 degrees; so, you can adjust it to cover various angles.
What we don’t like: It can be a bit wobbly at times which may result in shaky footage if you film without stabilization on.
If you want to know more about different GoPro mounts, check out this article where I review the 13 most used GoPro mounts & accessories.
For more options read: Go to GoPro Helmet Mounts.
Motorcycle Handlebar Mounts
Be ready to capture some amazing memories from your GoPro with Motorcycle Handlebar Mounts. They can be easily attached to your bikes seatpost, handlebar and more. Not only do they enable you to capture great footage at different angles, but they also let you remain hands-free while taking awesome pictures and videos.
#1: GoPro Handlebar/Seatpost/Pole Mount | Official GoPro Mount
The best part regarding outdoor activities is the adrenaline rush which you feel while you catch on the speed and dive into utmost pleasure. In those moments, all you need is to remain hands-free yet be able to capture those stunning moments. This GoPro mount lets you do that very effectively!
- Hinged, non-slip design sets up in seconds and clamps to any 0.35 to 1.4in (9 to...
- Rotating base features 360 Degree rotation with 16 secure positions, ensuring the...
- The mounting buckle lets users move their camera between mounts on the fly, enabling...
What we like: It is a solid and secure mount made of hinged and non-slip design for the bike’s seat-post/handlebar as well as for the ski-pole. I feel that it provides great adjustability with 360 degrees rotation because of 16 secure positions available to capture the shot from a perfect angle. The mounting buckle supports fast and easy changes.
What we don’t like: In spite of its great adjustability, it lacks in quality. The video footage is of great quality until you hit any bumps or puddles. The outcome obtained is a bit shaky then. So, not suggested for rugged terrains!
#2: Camera Bike Mount | Skyjffj
Biking is adventurous and full of joy. The best way to record your experiences for future is using a good quality mount for your adventure to support your GoPro well.
- 【MORE DURABLE QUALITY】：It is made of high rigidity aluminum alloy. Make it more...
- 【360 DEGREE ROTATION】：This handlebar mount bicycle for Gopro allows 360 degree...
- 【EASILY INSTALLING】： The Handlebar Mount can be installed on to any round or...
What we like: This mount is made of full CNC aluminium metal which makes it lightweight, easy to use and extremely durable. It is suitable for all your outdoor activities to capture stable, hands-free footage at varied angles. What I liked most about it is that it not only provides 360 degrees rotation but is also very easy to install.
What we don’t like: It is of good quality but the only problem is that the swivel is a bit loose which is a little disappointing!
#3: Motorcycle Camera Mount | EXSHOW
This Bike Mount by EXSHOW is popular for its great clamping ability. It enables you to remain stress-free while you mount your GoPro on and leave for your thrilling adventures.
- 🚵【Perfect Compatibility】--- Suit for any Cameras Recorder Camcorder with...
- 🚵【Strong Pipe Mount】--- Clamp would be easy to lock on motorcycle moto bike...
- 🚵【360 Degree Rotation】--- Metal adjustable Rotatable gopro handlebar mount...
What we like: This mount is made of high quality material with great clamping power owing to the factor that it is made of soft silicone material to ensure the GoPro does not slip off and the bike handle remains scratch-free even while mounting. It has a strong Pipe mount which locks well and provides great adjustability upto 360 degrees.
What we don’t like: It seems a little bulky and though the mount is strong but the clamping to the handlebar could have been better because sometimes it seemed difficult to keep the cam upright.
How Do You Mount a GoPro To a Motorcycle?
Mounting a GoPro to a motorcycle is a great way to capture exciting footage of your ride. Here are the steps to mount a GoPro to a motorcycle:
- Choose a suitable location on your motorcycle to mount the GoPro. Popular locations include the handlebars, front forks, or the top of the fuel tank.
- Use the appropriate GoPro mount for the location you have chosen. For example, if you are mounting on the handlebars, use the GoPro Handlebar Mount.
- Clean the surface of the mounting location and the GoPro mount with a clean, dry cloth.
- Peel off the adhesive backing from the mount and attach it to the chosen location on your motorcycle.
- Ensure that the mount is securely attached and will not come loose while riding.
- Attach the GoPro camera to the mount by using the appropriate attachment or screw.
- Adjust the camera angle to your desired position.
- Test the camera and make sure it is recording before starting your ride.
It’s important to note that different motorcycle models and locations may require different types of mounts and adjustments, so always refer to the GoPro user manual for specific instructions and recommendations. Additionally, it’s essential to follow all safety guidelines and regulations while filming on a motorcycle.
Where Is The Best Place To Mount a GoPro on a Motorcycle?
The best place to mount a GoPro on a motorcycle may vary depending on personal preference and the type of footage you want to capture. Here are some popular locations to mount a GoPro on a motorcycle:
- Handlebars: This is a popular location that provides a stable and central position for the camera. It allows you to capture the rider’s perspective and the view ahead.
- Helmet: Mounting the GoPro on a helmet offers a unique point of view and allows you to capture footage of the rider’s face and movements. However, it’s important to ensure that the weight of the camera does not affect the balance of the helmet.
- Gas Tank: Mounting the GoPro on the gas tank can provide a stable and low-angle view of the road ahead. This location also allows you to capture the rider’s movements and reactions.
- Rearview Mirror: Attaching the GoPro to the rearview mirror can provide a different perspective and allow you to capture footage of the road behind the motorcycle.
It’s important to keep in mind that different motorcycle models and personal preferences may require different types of mounts and adjustments. Always ensure that the mount is securely attached and does not interfere with the rider’s visibility or safety.
Is a GoPro on a Motorcycle Helmet Illegal?
For example, in the United States, there is no federal law that specifically prohibits mounting a camera on a motorcycle helmet. However, some states have their own laws and regulations regarding the use of helmets and the attachment of accessories to helmets. Some states prohibit the use of any attachments or modifications to helmets, while others allow certain types of attachments or require specific safety standards for helmet attachments.
It’s important to check your local laws and regulations before mounting a GoPro or any other camera on a motorcycle helmet. Additionally, always ensure that the weight of the camera does not affect the balance of the helmet and that the camera does not obstruct the rider’s view or safety in any way.
GoPro Motorcycle Tips
This section is to make you understand some tips that would help you achieve a great and satisfying experience of shooting awesome pictures and videos while riding your motorcycle. I have also tried to answer some of the questions that you might have regarding GoPro settings and its mounts.
Best GoPro Settings for Riding a Motorcycle
Here are the settings that I recommend you to keep while you go out for biking:
Resolution: 1080p / 2.7k
Frame Rate: 120fps
Field of View: Wide
Click Here to get more information regarding recommended GoPro settings for different activities.
Best GoPro mount for motorcycle
Best GoPro mount for motorcycle depends upon your requirement and preferences. Kindly go through the above list of top 7 motorcycle mounts to understand which one is the best for you.
More GoPro Mounts for Awesome shots!
Now you know how to make your outings memorable with these awesome Motorcycle Mounts. So, if you are someone who loves to capture POV footage from different perspectives then you are in for a treat because GoPro has everything that you’ll ever need. Click on below links to have a look at some other cool Mounts for GoPro:
Which One is the Best GoPro Motorcycle Mount?
investing in a reliable and sturdy motorcycle mount for your GoPro camera is essential for capturing all the action and adventure on the road. Whether you prefer a handlebar mount, or a helmet mount, the options on our list of the best GoPro motorcycle mounts offer top-notch durability, stability, and flexibility.
With these mounts, you can capture clear and stable footage of your motorcycle rides, races, and tours, and relive the excitement again and again. So, choose the mount that suits your style and needs, and hit the road with your GoPro camera mounted securely to your motorcycle.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best Gopro Motorcycle Mount you can buy. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 10 Best Motorcycle Helmet Cameras (Top Affordable Picks)
- GoPro Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mounts (Review)
- Best Motorcycle Camera [Top 5 Picks For Bikers]
- 5 Best GoPro Microphone and Wind Protections for Motorcycle
- Top 15 GoPro Helmet Mounts for Ski, Bike, Motorcycle & Action!