So you finally decided to get yourself a GoPro selfie stick but you are still not sure which one you should go for…
The market is so saturated with GoPro accessories (including selfie sticks!) that I decided make some order and review the 15 best GoPro selfie sticks, from basic $10 selfie sticks to the more expensive ones that function as tripods or mounts. There’s one for everybody! 😉
Our Top 3 Picks
What Should You Look for When Buying a Selfie Stick?
|Length is one of the main factors to consider for a selfie stick. Make sure that your stick is long enough (when fully extended) to capture the desired angle. If you are a traveller and space is crucial for you, then ensure that the stick becomes small enough to be fit in your bag when folded.|
|Look for waterproof selfie sticks (made out of aluminium or zinc) if you intend to shoot outdoors during your travel adventures (rain, beach, pool, etc).|
|Some generic selfie sticks require a GoPro mount adapter if you want to mount your action camera. Check the specifications and ensure it includes a GoPro mount before buying a stick. Some sticks support smartphones and other lightweight cameras other than GoPro.|
|Having a wrist strap on the selfie sticks prevents you from loosing (and destroying) the stick and your GoPro that could accidentally slip from your hand while filming action (running, jumping, riding, skiing, etc). Don't underestimate this point my friend.|
|A rubber grip can prevent your selfie stick slipping from your hands... make sure your stick has a comfortable rubber grip that lets you hold your pole steady and secure.|
|If you are looking to get a fancy selfie stick with wireless connection or other digitalized features, then make sure its battery (check the specs) will support you at least for a full day outdoors.|
|Some selfie sticks have the ability to wirelessly connect to your camera to start/stop recording or taking pictures. This feature will definitely help you frame the shot with ease.|
|If you think that you will use the selfie stick in your outdoor adventures (and not just for taking selfies at birthday parties), then ensure that the build quality is good enough so that it won't brake at the first drop. Avoid cheap Chinese alternatives (unless reviewed very well). Also look for quick releases buttons and the ability to lock it in place when you find an angle that you like.|
|The market is over saturated with selfie sticks and similar accessories...and you'll find very different price points for a selfie stick (from $10 to over $200). My suggestion is to definitely avoid super cheap plastic solutions you might find at discount stores - they would typically brake after a few uses. That said, you may be surprised from the high-tech selfie sticks that are marketed towards climbers and hikers.|
What GoPro Selfie Stick Should You Buy?
Here I’ve listed the most popular selfie sticks that work well with GoPro, starting from our most favourite one. I included Pros vs Cons for each selfie stick to help you pick the best choice for your case, including direct links to the product on Amazon. Let’s get right into it:
#1: GoPro 3-Way Grip & Tripod (GoPro Official Mount)
- 3 in one design: Can be used as a camera grip, extension arm or tripod for ultra...
- Handle doubles as a grip: The handle can be detached from the arm and used as a...
- Tripod stored inside handle: Inside the handle is a small tripod that can be removed...
Pros: This is one of the most versatile tools that GoPro has made for its cameras. It’s a lightweight, three in one camera accessory that can be used as:
- Short hand grip
- Extended selfie stick
- Standing tripod
Super versatile and useful during hikes or any time you can’t carry too much weight. Trust me, it makes a difference.
Cons: Although the GoPro 2-way grip selfie stick has a good build quality, when fully extended is not the most stable one. On the other hand, versatility comes to a compromise.
#2: SANDMARC Pole – Black Edition: 17-40″
- ALL BLACK ALUMINUM BUILD - Made from Waterproof Aluminum Materials, Rubber Grip, and...
- DESIGNED FOR ACTION - Designed to fit Hero 10, 9, 8, Max, Hero 7, Osmo Action, Hero 6...
- VERSATILE USE - Can be used for surfing, diving, snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding,...
Pros: This awesome selfie pole by Sandmarc is in my top choices because of its versatility and build quality. I find it quite robust, made from premium materials, probably designed for all kinds of adventures with GoPro. When folded, it fits well on your bag as it’s just 17 inches long, which become more than double when fully extended. Also excellent rubber grip.
Cons: No smartphone mount. It’s designed to mount GoPro or other kinds of action cameras.
#3: SANDMARC Pole – Compact Edition: 10-25″
- PORTABLE TELESCOPING LENGTH - Extending from 10" to 25" and weighing just 7 Ozs, it...
- DESIGNED IN CALIFORNIA - SANDMARC Pole Compact Edition is designed to fit all GoPro...
- ALL BLACK ALUMINUM BUILD - Made from Waterproof Aluminum Material, Rubber Grip,...
Pros: This is another excellent selfie stick made for GoPro and action cameras. It’s very similar to the Black Edition above, but shorter – 10 inches when closed and 25 inches when fully extended. It looks and feels very solid and durable. I love the rubber grip and the wrist trap makes it safer during operation. It’s compatible with all GoPro models. Best choice is you are looking for a selfie small and durable selfie stick for GoPro.
Cons: No smartphone mount. It’s designed to mount GoPro or other kinds of action cameras.
#4: QiuNiuPremium Selfie Stick
- Can be easily turned into a hand grip, monopod pole or tripod stand mount. Use it...
- Made of high-grade aluminum and silicone that offers premium look, light-weight and...
- 8.5" long if fully collapsed, can be extended up to 28". The extension pole can be...
Pros: Multifunctional selfie stick that turns into a tripod so that you won’t miss a time-lapse during a hiking day. It comes with a GoPro mount and a smartphone holder so you can use it in multiple occasions. It’s quite tall when fully extended (about 30 inches) but it fits in any of your bags when folded (about 8 inches). I also like the rubber grip that prevents it to slip from wet hands.
Cons: Doesn’t come with a remote controller that triggers the shot. So it’d be hard to take snaps when it’s fully extended.
#5: Smatree Extendable Aluminum Selfie Stick
- Flexible ball head can be adjusted to 360 degree rotation for different best angles...
- Selfie stick allows quick length adjustments from 11.8″to 36.6″. Simply twist...
- Slip resistant rubber and wrist strap around the selfie stick, your hand control the...
Pros: At a lower price point we find this aluminium built selfie stick that is compatible with all GoPro cameras and also compact cameras with 1/4″ mount. It’s quite compact when folded (about 12 inches) and extends to over 36 inches with an easy lock/unlock extension mechanism. Best choice if you are looking for a handy GoPro stick on a budget.
Cons: Cannot mount smartphones. It doesn’t come with a remote controller.
#6: WAAO All in One Aluminium Selfie Stick 45″
No products found.
Pros: Good aluminium build quality. The stick extends all the way up to 45 inches which allow for nice high takes, yet it’s tiny when folded (about 9 inches). It can also be set as a tripod and it feels quite steady when shortened. It comes with both GoPro and Smartphone mounts, and a controller that allows you to take pictures remotely.
Cons: The remote controller feels a bit fragile and it doesn’t have a rubber grip.
#7: YILIWIT Extendable Selfie Stick for Gopro
- The selfie stick tripod is compatible with gopro hero 10/9/8/gopro hero 7black/gopro...
- The selfie stick tripod is extendable, three-stage adjustment
- The selfie stick is designed for vlog, lightweight and portable for travel and daily...
Pros: Affordable and practical to use. When folded it’s as small as 5 inches. It turns into a small tripod too and it’s compatible with all GoPros. A good option for travellers and and vloggers.
Cons: Didn’t find any yet.
#8: SYOSIN Selfie Stick Tripod, All in One 40 Inch
No products found.
Pros: Amazing value for the price. I love the portable compact size of this selfie stick that turns into a small tripod. It literally fits into your hand when folded, while it reaches 40 inches when full extended. Comes with smartphone and GoPro mount, and a controller to snap your favourite selfies.
Cons: A little fragile when fully extended.
#9: ELEGIANT Selfie Stick Tripod Bluetooth
No products found.
Pros: Cheap and multifunctional. This compact selfie stick comes with both GoPro and smartphone supports, plus a built in remote controller to snap your shots. The cool thing of this selfie stick is the LED light that helps taking better shots during low light conditions. It turns into a small tripod too.
Cons: Doesn’t have a rubber grip.
#10: Vicdozia Extension Selfie Stick
- 【Well Made Stick】Extension selfie stick made of soft rubber grip; lightweight...
- 【Mini Size and Lightweight】Compact enough to carry in a purse, backpack, or slip...
- 【Easy Operation】Convenient twist-lock feature; with 3 extendable sections; mounts...
Pros: Robust selfie stick. It has a rubber grip and a wrist strap that makes it secure when operating your GoPro during action shots. And it’s also waterproof. An ideal selfie stick for travellers and adventurers.
Cons: Doesn’t have any special features.
#11: GoPro Shorty Mini Extension Pole
- The pocket-size shorty (4. 6in, 11. 7cm) is the perfect partner for on-the-go...
- Extend shorty up to 8. 9in (22. 7cm) for group shots, selfies and other hard-to-reach...
- Prop shorty up on any level surface with its built-in tripod
Pros: Nice and compact design, it fits easily in any bag’s compartment and it’s very practical to use it with GoPro in most occasions. It extends to about 9 inches for group shots and selfies. Also turns it into a mini tripod with ease. Ideal for anyone who wants a nice and solid pole/tripod for everyday use.
Cons: Doesn’t have any special features. No rubber grip.
#12: Smatree 3 Way Foldable Pole
- X1S made of high-quality Aluminium Alloy for greater strength and stability.
- Flexible ball head provide 360 degree rotation angle for your camera and cell phone...
- 3-way design:camera grip, foldable extension arm or low angle shooting stabilizer
Pros: This is an excellent multipurpose tool as it can be used as a camera grip, mini tripod and selfie stick. It comes with a few different rods joint together and it can extend up to about 20 inches. It’s a good option if you need a multipurpose tool that can be adapted on fences, walls, threes, etc.
Cons: It feels a little fragile and complicated to set it up at every shoot.
#13: Lifestyle design 4-in-1 Selfie Stick
- PERFECT PHOTO/VIDEO Best Value Pack for Any Phone or Camera – For Any iPhone, Any...
- SIMPLEST, EASIEST, MOST PORTABLE TRIPOD The Heavy-Duty Mini 2-in-1 Tripod is Included...
- BLUETOOTH REMOTE INCLUDED Now You Can Capture Epic Group Photos & Videos at a...
Pros: Multifunctional selfie stick that can be turned into an hand grip and mini tripod. Other than GoPros, it supports smartphones compact cameras. Another thing I love about this tool is that it’s wireless, so that you can take photos with ease when it’s fully extended, without buying any extra remote control. It’s your best pick if you need more than one accessory in one piece, at an affordable price.
Cons: The build quality feels a little cheap compared to its competitors.
#14: Kizen Flexible Selfie Stick
- ✅VERSATILE - Featuring a selfie stick that is both flexible and has suction cups...
- ✅PORTABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT- With the ability to be stretched out straight to a length...
- ✅DURABLE - Made of tough & waterproof Thermo Plastic Rubber, the Kizen selfie stick...
Pros: Affordable option, surely a great value for the money. It’s very versatile as the stick is bendable. This means that you can twist it around things and get some really unique angles with it. It can be used as a normal selfie stick when fully extended and also as a “tripod” to hold your GoPro steady on a table. I love the material, it’s made of a nice rubber grip all over the stick which ensures a firm grip all the time.
Cons: Has no built in shutter button and its extension is limited.
#15: GoPro El Grande 38in Extension Pole (Official GoPro Mount)
- Extends to 38in (97cm) for new perspectives and to get you closer to the action....
- Includes an integrated ball and socket design at the end of the pole, allowing you to...
- Premium oversized grip allows you to comfortably use two hands to hold El Grande for...
Pros: Original gopro mount, and unlike its similars, this extends up to 38 inches. It has a nice two hand grip that makes anyone feel comfortable using, and allows the GoPro rotate 360°. Good choice if you need a long and solid pole.
Cons: It’s heavier than others.
GoPro Selfie Stick – FAQ’s
Can you use a selfie stick with a GoPro?
GoPro itself and many other third party brands produce selfie sticks for GoPro cameras. You can buy Selfie Sticks for as little as $10 (basic) to the more expensive ones that function as tripods or mounts.
How to use GoPro selfie stick?
To use a GoPro selfie stick you need to hold the pole with your GoPro facing towards your face. You can use the pole/selfie stick as a tool to take selfies (providing that your pole is wireless) or even to film group scenes and vlogs.
How to charge GoPro selfie stick?
If your GoPro selfie stick is wireless then you should pay attention to its battery life and make sure to recharge the pole before use it. Some poles have an interchangeable battery which you can replace or recharge. Other selfie sticks come with a fixed rechargeable battery and a power cable.
How to install GoPro stick?
To install a GoPro selfie stick you need to attach your GoPro on the pole head, which should have a GoPro mount on it. Some GoPro sticks have different adapters to mount smartphones and small cameras.
How to connect GoPro stick?
To connect your wireless selfie stick to your GoPro you need to enable the Bluetooth on your GoPro and pair the controller/selfie stick to your camera.
Can the GoPro stick go underwater?
Some selfie sticks, like the GoPro 3-Way Grip, are waterproof and usable in open waters.
Can you bring GoPro stick on plane?
You can bring GoPro sticks on a plane without problems.
- Top 7 High-Speed GoPro Memory Cards of 2022
- What Is The Best GoPro Accessories Kit? GoPro Hero 8, 7, 6, 5
- Top 15 GoPro Selfie Sticks On the Market (2022)
- Top 10 GoPro Gimbal Stabilizers On the Market (2022)
- GoPro Protune: Everything You Need to Know to Master Your Advanced Settings