GoPro is a great action camera for shooting your underwater adventures. All the latest GoPro cameras are waterproof without housing (down to 33ft/10m), which makes them perfect for snorkeling. However, you need some additional accessories for best experience and professional-looking shots while you enjoy your snorkeling adventures!
In this article, you’ll learn 11 must-have GoPro Snorkeling Accessories for epic underwater shots.
GoPro Snorkelling Masks
Some of the GoPro snorkeling masks include a GoPro mount that lets you film hands-free while snorkeling, and keeps your camera secure at the same time. All of this while you enjoy and record some fabulous memories underwater. Here are two of my favorite GoPro Snorkel Masks:
#1. TELESIN Snorkel/Dive Mask
- SNORKEL & DIVE MASK FOR ACTION CAMERAS: Soft, comfortable, anti-fog diving mask with...
- INCLUDES ALUMINUM THUMBSCREW AND TRAVEL BAG with your mask to make storing and...
- ULTRA SOFT SILICONE: Focus on your shots, not your goggles. Mask is designed with the...
The TELESIN Snorkel/Dive Mask is a stylish yet versatile dive mask that enables you to capture high quality videos of your snorkeling action. Its comfortable design and flexible fit are the two most attractive features. The mount securely holds the GoPro at its position. The strap is corrosion-resistant and the glass lens shatter-proof. Therefore, it can withstand high pressures underwater. It is also equipped with anti-fog treatment for clear underwater vision.
#2. OCTOMASK Frameless Dive/Snorkel Mask
- WORKS WITH ALL GOPRO MODELS including the new GoPro Hero 8, in addition to all other...
- 100% MASK FIT GUARANTEE to ensure you have the best possible diving experience with...
- FEATURES AN ULTRA SOFT SILICONE SKIRT made from the highest quality silicone to...
Compatible with all GoPro models and other action cameras, the OCTOMASK Frameless Dive/Snorkel Mask provides a highly comfortable fit to ensure that you snorkel with ease and capture some amazing shots. The GoPro mount includes an aluminium thumbscrew which makes attaching your GoPro camera extremely quick and convenient. Plus, you also get a travel bag in the package for ease of storage.
GoPro Waterproof Housing
A waterproof housing is needed for snorkeling if you have a GoPro Hero 4 or older. While starting from the Hero 5 and above, these GoPro models are waterproof up to 33ft/10m, beyond which nobody usually goes while snorkelling. Here’s the housing that I trust the most:
#3. Suptig Waterproof Housing
- Waterproof depth: Use this Black waterproof housing you can take your gopro hero...
- TWO BACK COVER: Waterproof back cover and Touch back cover for your use, when you use...
- Compatible with Gopro HERO4/HERO3+/HERO3, When you insert your camera, you can also...
Compatible with the GoPro Hero 4, Hero 3+ and Hero 3 cameras, the Suptig Waterproof Housing can go down to 45m/147ft making it perfect for snorkelling and even deep-sea diving. It also offers extra protection against dust, scratches and shocks. With this housing, you can easily operate the shutter/power button or select key/Mode button of your GoPro. It has toughened glass in front of the camera with light transmission rate of 98%. So, you can shoot realistic and beautiful pictures underwater effortlessly.
GoPro Floating Stick/Pole/Grip
A floating Stick/Pole/Grip is a very useful accessory for filming underwater with your GoPro. It helps you have a better overall control of the camera underwater and prevents your camera from sinking. The GoPro Handler (official GoPro accessory) is the one that I really like.
GoPro Handler – Floating Hand Grip
- Keeps Your GoPro afloat Better than ever before so you can Shoot in and around the...
- Easy to switch between mounts with a quick release base
- Enables more stable footage than Holding the Camera by hand makes it easy to aim your...
The GoPro Handler Floating Hand Grip helps keep your GoPro afloat so that you can shoot in and around the water worry-free! Its bright orange cap piece makes it easy-to-spot in the water. This hand grip has a comfortable and non-slip construction, which helps you maintain a secure grip while holding it. Overall, a highly recommended accessory for snorkeling with your GoPro.
Dome Port Housing
A Dome Port Housing is an amazing gear for some fabulous-looking snorkeling shots with your GoPro. It lets you shoot amazing split-photos and videos half above & half underwater.
#1. SHOOT Dome Port Housing
- SHOOT Dome Port,a newly designed dome for taking photos/videos by the sea or by the...
- High Transparent Dome Lens offer you high visibility to capture vivid images 50/50...
- Waterproof up to 147ft, Overall Waterproof Case for easy installation and use....
Compatible with the GoPro Hero 8 Black, the SHOOT Dome Port is a recently designed Dome Post Housing for capturing vivid 50/50 above and below the water photos/videos by the sea or by the pool. It’s waterproof down to 45m/147ft.
#2: PolarPro FiftyFifty Dome for GoPro
- Designed specifically for the GoPro Hero7 Black / Hero6 Black / Hero5 Black
- Includes FiftyFifty dome, floating grip, lanyard, cleaning tool & neoprene cover
- PolarPro custom optics for enhanced clarity
Compatible with Hero 5, 6 & 7 Black, the PolarPro FiftyFifty is an affordable and highly user friendly dome port housing. The dome supports quick installation and easy in-out mechanism. Its lens pushes away the water well, prevents leakage and enables you to capture unique over/underwater shots. It also has a floating handle attached to the bottom of the housing.
GoPro Snorkel Filter
There are two GoPro filters that you can use while snorkeling for getting best results:
- Light Red filter (for color correction in clear freshwater at shallow depth: 2-15 ft),
- Red Filter or Blue Water Snorkel Filter (for color correction in blue/tropical water at depth: 15-85 ft).
I would recommend that you use a multi-filter pack, so that you can easily change filters as you go in deeper or come back to shallow waters while snorkeling. Here are some filter-packs for different GoPro models that I recommend:
#1. PolarPro DiveMaster Red Filter 3-Pack for GoPro
- Engineered specifically for the HERO8 Black Protective Housing (only fits the HERO8...
- Capture vibrant colors in blue, green, and shallow waters
- Dual-Lock installation with a primary snap on design and a reinforcing screw-tighten...
Built specifically for GoPro Hero 8 Black, the PolarPro DiveMaster Red Filter (3-Pack) works with the Protective Housing of the Hero 8 camera. The three (Red, Magenta & Snorkel) filters let you capture vibrant colors in blue, green, and shallow waters.
#2: Kupton Housing Case Filter Kit
- ★ Specially designed for GoPro Hero 7 Hero 6 Hero 5 Black/ Hero (2018). Made of...
- ★ Upgrade waterproof case, easy to install. It's no need to remove cover lens...
- ★ Includes 3-Pack dive filters: The filters can be easily snap on and off by Kupton...
Compatible with GoPro Hero 5, 6 & 7 Black, the Kupton Housing Case Filter Kit includes a waterproof housing case, 10-Pack Anti-fog Inserts and Light Red, Red & Magenta Filters. The case makes it extremely easy-to-install. You don’t need to remove the cover lens before the camera is put into the housing.
Whether you’re snorkeling, wakeboarding or kayaking, a GoPro floaty is a must-have accessory to fit with your GoPro in and around the water. It keeps your GoPro from sinking if you drop it. Here are the two products that I recommend. You can choose one depending upon which GoPro model you own.
#1: GoPro Floaty
- Easy-to-spot accessory keeps HERO8 Black afloat. 
- Great for snorkeling, surfing, wakeboarding or other water activities
- Style Name:Base
The official GoPro Floaty is a wonderful product for those who own GoPro Hero 8 Black. You just need to attach it to your GoPro and go out worry-free for snorkeling. This bright-orange colored product makes your GoPro easy-to-spot in case it gets into the water. It keeps your GoPro afloat and free from damage. Its wraparound design lets you access all your camera buttons and touch screen with ease. This floaty is extremely easy-to-mount and also includes a tether point for added security.
#2: FLOATEX Floaty Case by Axion
- ✅【PROTECT YOUR GOPRO】No longer worry about losing your camera and all of its...
- ✅【SUPERIOR DESIGN】No need to block your GoPro's LCD display. With the Floatex...
- ✅【FLOATABLE & DETECTABLE】Floatex's easy-to-spot Floaty case wraps around any...
Compatible with GoPro Hero 5, 6 & 7, the FLOATEX Floaty Case by Axion is made from ultra-buoyant EVA foam which always keeps your GoPro afloat and prevents it from sinking even in the toughest conditions. It doesn’t block your GoPro’s LCD display. So, you have access to all the features and settings at the touch of a button! The vibrant orange color makes it easy-to-spot and retrieve from the water, and the safety tether ensures extra safety of your camera.
While shooting underwater, fogging of lens is a real problem when you use your GoPro with a housing. This is because GoPro cameras get a little warm when they are in use for a while. It causes the waterproof housing to fog up a little. The humidity inside the case condenses on the inside of the housing. It can potentially ruin the shots of your exciting adventures like scuba-diving, snorkeling etc. Therefore, Anti Fog inserts are essential to eliminate the lens fog as they absorb the moisture. Listed below are the GoPro official anti-fog inserts:
GoPro Anti-Fog Inserts
- Insert into housing to prevent lens for in cold and humid environments
- Reusable up to four times
- Coming Soon
The GoPro anti-fog inserts work well with all models of GoPro. This product does an exceptionally great job of absorbing the moisture and humidity inside the GoPro housing case.
GoPro mounts and accessories are highly essential for capturing stable footage. Even the best videographers in the world can encounter situations that lead to shaky videos at times. In this case, GoPro underwater accessories will not only help you getting a better, stable underwater footage, but they will also let you enjoy your snorkeling experience more!
Enjoy your GoPro adventures!
Don’t forget to share this article with your friends if you found it useful 🙂
- GoPro Underwater: Complete Guide to Settings, Filming & Accessories
- 7 Best GoPro (RED) Dive Filters for True Underwater Colors
- Top 8 GoPro Dive Housings & Underwater Cases of 2021
- The 14 Most Important GoPro Tips for Beginners