Download FREE GoPro Setting Cheat Sheet >>
About the GoPro Hero 10 Black
The GoPro Hero 10 Black is a compact digital camera used for action, sports & travel photography and videography. It was released in September 16th, 2021. Key features include a 2x faster processor than the previous Hero 9, it can shoot videos up to 5.3k resolution at 60fps, Hypersmooth 4.0, better low light performance, 23 megapixel photos, big front screen for vlogging and much more!
- Revolutionary Processor: Faster. Smoother. Better. The powerful new GP2 engine...
- High-Res Photos plus Videos, High Frame Rate: Step up to the sharpest-shooting GoPro...
- Unbelievable Image Quality: Shoot with fine detail, realistic textures and stunning...
How to Download Your GoPro Manual
- View the manual from this page
- Wait for the new window to open
- Move your cursor to the top side of the page
- Once the black bar appears, find the download icon
- Click “Download”
Table of Contents
- Meet Your HERO 10 Black
- Setting Up Your Camera
- Getting to Know Your GoPro
- Customizing Your GoPro HERO 10 Black
- Power Tools
- Using QuikCapture
- Adding HiLight Tags
- Setting the Screen Orientation
- Recording Video
- Video Settings
- Taking Photos
- Photo Settings
- Capturing Time Lapse
- Time Lapse Settings
- Live Streaming + Webcam Mode
- Exposure Control
- Controlling Your GoPro With Your Voice
- Playing Back Your Media
- Connecting to the GoPro App
- and more!
Official Video: Introducing GoPro HERO 10 Black
How Do I Set Up My GoPro Hero 10 Black?
Setting up your GoPro HERO10 Black is a fairly straightforward process. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Charge the battery: Before you start using your GoPro, make sure the battery is fully charged. You can charge the battery using the included USB-C cable and a power adapter or by connecting it to your computer.
- Insert the battery and microSD card: Open the side door of the camera and insert the battery into the battery compartment. Then, insert a compatible microSD card into the card slot. Find the best SD Cards in the following article: 15 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 10.
- Power on the camera: Press the Mode button on the side of the camera to turn it on. You’ll be prompted to select a language and date/time settings.
- Connect to the GoPro app: Download the GoPro app on your smartphone and connect your camera to it via Wi-Fi. This will allow you to control your camera, preview and download footage, and adjust settings.
- Set your preferences: Use the touchscreen on the back of the camera to navigate the menus and customize your camera settings. You can choose your video and photo resolution, adjust frame rate and field of view, and more.
- Start recording: Once you’ve set your preferences, you can start recording by pressing the Shutter button on the top of the camera. You can also use voice commands or the GoPro app to start and stop recording.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can set up your GoPro HERO10 Black and start capturing amazing footage.
How Do I Connect My GoPro 10 Black to My Phone?
- Download the GoPro app: Download the GoPro app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android).
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your phone: Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on your GoPro: Press the Mode button on the side of the camera to turn it on.
- Enable Wi-Fi on your GoPro: Swipe down from the top of the camera’s screen and tap the Wi-Fi icon. Then, tap “Connect” and select your phone’s Wi-Fi network from the list of available networks.
- Open the GoPro app: Open the GoPro app on your phone and tap the camera icon in the bottom left corner.
- Connect to your camera: If your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your GoPro, the app should automatically detect your camera. Tap on your camera’s name to connect.
- Adjust settings and start recording: Once your camera is connected to the app, you can adjust settings, preview footage, and start recording directly from your phone.
That’s it! With these simple steps, you can connect your GoPro HERO10 Black to your phone and enjoy all the benefits of the GoPro app.
Can You Use GoPro 10 Without Phone?
Yes, you can use the GoPro HERO10 Black without a phone. While connecting to the GoPro app allows you to control your camera, preview footage, and adjust settings, it’s not required to use the camera itself.
You can operate the HERO10 Black using the touchscreen on the back of the camera or by using the physical buttons on the camera’s body. This allows you to start and stop recording, take photos, switch between modes, and adjust settings directly on the camera.
In fact, many GoPro users prefer to use the camera without connecting to the app, as it allows for a more immersive and hands-on experience. So, whether you choose to use your phone or not, you can still enjoy all the features and capabilities of the GoPro HERO10 Black.
How Long Can GoPro 10 Record?
The GoPro HERO10 Black can record continuously for up to 80 minutes at 4K/60fps with the provided battery. However, the actual recording time will vary depending on several factors, including the resolution, frame rate, and other camera settings, as well as environmental conditions such as temperature.
If you need to record for longer periods, you can purchase additional batteries and swap them out as needed. The HERO10 Black is compatible with the same battery used in the HERO9 Black, so if you already have extra batteries from the previous model, they will work with the HERO10 as well. You can also use an external power source, such as a power bank or an AC adapter, to extend the recording time.
Read more on GoPro Hero 10 battery life in the following article: GoPro 10 Battery: Duration, Replacements, Tips for Extending it.
It’s important to note that recording time can also be affected by the type of microSD card you use. To ensure optimal performance, it’s recommended to use a microSD card with a UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) rating and a Video Speed Class 60 (V60) rating or higher.
GoPro Hero 10 Settings Explained
Are you struggling to understand your GoPro settings? In this article we’ll explain how each setting can be use to improve your photos and videos. First, we’ll cover video, photo, time lapse and Protune settings, then, we’ll discuss the best settings for action, travel, and more.
- GoPro Settings Explained: Best for Action, Travel and More + In-Field Guide
- GoPro Hero 10: BEST SETTINGS for Action, Sport, Travel, Water
- BEST GoPro Hero 10 Protune Settings [Cheat Sheet Download]
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you know everything regarding the GoPro Hero 10 manual🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!