GoPro has made video editing on your phone, ipad or desktop an extremely easy job! With GoPro Quik app, you can effortlessly turn your cherished memories into stylish-looking stories.
Are you looking to share your interesting adventures with your friends and family? This app has several customizable filters, transitions, music, and effects to edit your GoPro footage and make it Instagram worthy!
GoPro Quik App for Mobile (Review & Download)
GoPro Quik app is a great editing solution for your GoPro content that you can use right on your mobile phone. It’s available on both iOS and Android devices.
GoPro Quik App: Review
GoPro Quik automatically pulls video and photos from your paired GoPro camera. You just need to choose the photos or videos that you want to edit and Quik does the rest. It has some great features, like applying automatic music and edits to your footage. The app interface is simple and fun to use, thanks to the ability to insert titles, reorder clips, add your own songs, and more. Also, the app is intuitive, fast and reliable.
Now that you’ve learnt about several great features of this app, I’d also like to point that GoPro Quik is good for accomplishing basic video edits to share it on the social with your family and friends. So don’t expect to have so much control over this editing app.
With apps like Adobe Premiere Rush, for instance, the process of importing multiple videos, adjusting the timeline and working with the cuts, customizing audio feels more professional as it offers more control.
So, if you’re looking for a free, basic app for your video editing needs, then go for Quik. Otherwise, if you are willing to spend some bucks for a more advanced app, then Adobe Premiere Rush is a great option.
GoPro Quik App: How to Download it
Here are the download links of GoPro Quik for your mobile phone:
How to use GoPro Quik App
GoPro Quik app is a fast and easy way to edit your GoPro content. Here are the steps you need to follow to use GoPro Quik App for editing your videos:
- Open the Quik App.
- Click on Create. Here, you’ll see the thumbnails of all the pictures and videos on your phone’s library.
- Select the videos you want to edit and click OK. This will compile all your footage and create a movie.
- At the bottom, you’ll see some preset video themes – Grammy, Action, Flick, Epic, Light and so on… Select the one you like.
- If you need to change the order in which the footage shows up in the final video, click on the edit icon and drag the thumbnails to reorder them. You can also modify each footage with these functions: trim and crop, mute/unmute, add text, duplicate and delete.
- If you like the theme but want to change the music, click on the music icon. You’ll get a few preset options, or you can also go to ‘My Music’ for adding the music in your phone’s library to your movie.
- For those who want to change the format, click on the settings icon. You’ll get two options: Cinema (suitable for Youtube) and Square (suitable for Instagram). Tap the one that suits you.
- When you’re done creating the movie as per your preferences, click on save. This will take you the the screen where you’ll get the option to save it in your phone’s library or to directly share it on social media (Instagram / Whatsapp / Facebook and many more platforms)
That’s it! I hope this simple process gives you an idea about how to get started with editing GoPro videos with the GoPro Quik App.
GoPro Quik for Desktop (Review & Download)
Just like the mobile app, GoPro Quik for desktop is a great solution for making quick edits to your videos.
This video gives you an glimpse of what Quik for desktop can do…
GoPro Quik for Desktop: Review
GoPro Quik app for desktop is practical, easy-to-use & learn, accessible to everyone and free. Here are the notable features of this app:
- The app automatically displays your most recent GoPro shots.
- The app automatically collapses your burst and time lapse sequences into a single thumbnail.
- You can convert your timelapse into a video for easy playback.
- Take a screenshot of the perfect moment from your video and share it to your social media directly from the app.
- Create a short clip by selecting the ‘clip’ icon for adjusting the length of the clip.
However, Quik has limited features when compared to professional editing software like Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro. It is mainly for beginners in the field of video editing. There’s a lot you can do with professional software that’s otherwise impossible to do with the Quik.
For example, working with the cuts on GoPro Quik is much more inconvenient and slow as compared to Adobe Premiere Pro. Also, Quik is mainly suitable for short 2-3 minute videos. It tends to crash frequently if working with longer videos, which is not the case with the more advanced apps.
GoPro Quik Desktop: How to Download it
Visit the link below to download GoPro Quik App for Desktop. It has download link for both Mac and Windows.
How to use GoPro Quik for Desktop
Steps to use GoPro Quik for desktop are almost the same as the ones for its mobile app. These steps have been described above in details.
Final Words – Should you edit with GoPro Quik?
GoPro Quik is an app meant for those looking for quick turnarounds and some basic editing. Although the desktop app has some more features as compared to its mobile version, it still lags behind the various advanced video editing apps out there, like Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Filmora Wondershare, etc.
👉 Check out this article to learn more about how to edit GoPro videos.