The DJI Osmo Pocket is a great 3-axis-gimbal system with an integrated camera that can record amazing 4K videos. But, when it comes to the audio quality, it leaves a lot to be desired. The built-in internal microphones of the Osmo Pocket aren’t for you if you want professional-grade audio. Therefore, you’ll have to invest in a high-quality external microphone to achieve quality audio of your footage.
In this article, you’ll discover some of the best external microphones to achieve high-quality audio of your footage recorded through Osmo Pocket.
First And Foremost, Get a 3.5mm Adapter
Before proceeding further, you should note that in order to connect an external microphone to your Osmo Pocket, you’ll need a 3.5mm adapter. That’s because there’s no built-in 3.5mm port on the Osmo Pocket.
Here’s the 3.5mm adapter by DJI:
- The genuine DJI 3.5mm Adapter allows the user to plug in an external 3.5mm microphone...
- Osmo Pocket Smartphone 3.5mm Mic Microphone Audio Adapter Supports External TRS Plug...
- can only be used for DJI Osmo Pocket. In the Box：Osmo Pocket 3.5mm Adapter × 1.
The adapter connects to the USB-C port on Osmo Pocket and converts it into a 3.5mm port compatible with TRS audio jacks. Through this adapter, you can plug in an external 3.5mm microphone into Osmo Pocket for higher-quality sound recording. Since it is a DJI original product, it works flawlessly with the DJI Osmo Pocket.
Please note that third-party adapters don’t work with Osmo Pocket. That’s probably due to the fact that they aren’t designed to work with the audio driver of Osmo Pocket. So, always go for the DJI Original 3.5mm adapter for Osmo Pocket.
6 Best DJI Osmo Pocket Microphone
Here are the six best microphones for DJI Osmo Pocket:
#1. Rode Wireless Go | Compact Wireless Microphone for DJI Osmo Pocket
- Combo Clip-On Microphone Or Beltpack Transmitter For Lavalier/Headset Mic/ Built-In...
- Audio Delivers Crystal Clear Audio Under Any Conditions/ Up To 70M Range But...
- Power Tx And Rx Have Built-In Usb-C Rechargeable Batteries/ Up To 7 Hours On A Full...
Often hailed as “the best lavalier microphone available”, the Rode Wireless Go is free from those annoying, bulky wires. It’s a perfect wireless microphone that’s highly portable and convenient to use.
The Rode Wireless Go mic lets you capture crystal clear audio with the DJI Osmo Pocket. Overall, it is the perfect choice for you if you’re looking for a wireless microphone system for your DJI Osmo Pocket.
#2. Pixel Wireless | Wireless Lavalier Microphone for DJI Osmo Pocket
- 【UHF Wireless Microphone】The frequencies of it operate on 570-606 Mhz，You can...
- 【36 UHF Select-able Channels】This Wireless Lavalier Microphone features 36...
- 【Long Working Time & Operating Range】The working time of this wireless audio...
Looking for a sleek wireless lavalier microphone system? The Pixel Wireless Lavalier Microphone is the perfect solution for you. Featuring one transmitter and one receiver, this wireless mic sets you free from getting tangled up in wires. What’s more, it offers an awesome battery backup of up to six hours!
The Pixel Wireless mic has a micro-processor-powered technology that automatically reduces wind, environmental, or ambient noise. So, when you use this mic, you can be sure that your video captured through Osmo Pocker would sound superb!
#3. Rode VideoMicro | Compact On-Camera Microphone for DJI Osmo Pocket
- Compact microphone designed to improve the audio quality of your videos - only 80...
- No battery required (powered by camera plug-in power - min 3V)
- Includes Rycote lyre shock mount and deluxe furry windshield
If you want a budget external microphone for the DJI Osmo Pocket, the Rode VideoMicro is the perfect choice for you. Since it is powered by the camera’s plug-in power, this mic doesn’t need a battery.
The best part of this budget mic by Rode is that it features a windscreen that muffles wind and ambient noise, and offers you crystal-clear, high-quality audio for your footage. Overall, this one is a superb budget option for recording quality audio for interviews and vlogs.
#4. Rode VideoMic GO | Lightweight On-Camera Microphone for DJI Osmo Pocket
- Supercardioid Shotgun Microphone with Windshield
- Integrated Rycote Lyre Shockmount
- Plug--play Operation
Another great mic by Rode – the VideoMic GO is known for being super-quick to install and easy to use. This microphone has no complex switches or settings and is exceptionally light. So, you can easily carry it anywhere.
Please note that the Rode VideoMic GO is designed to focus the tight pickup area directly in front of the mic. Therefore, your subject is isolated from any background noise, and you get quality audio for your video captured by Osmo Pocket.
#5. Sennheiser MKE 400 | Mini-Shotgun On-Camera Microphone for DJI Osmo Pocket
- Rugged all-metal housing
- Integral shock mount for rejection of handling noise
- Switchable sensitivity for long and short distances.
Another compact microphone, the Sennheiser MKE 400 is highly durable despite being lightweight. It features an external shock mount that eliminates handling noise and offers you crystal-clear audio.
The Sennheiser MKE 400 mic also has a sensitivity mode that records audio that’s best suited for the distance of your subject from the mic. So, whether you’re interviewing somebody in front of a subject or shooting wildlife in their habitat from afar, you can be assured that you’ll get quality audio.
#6. Vidpro XM-L | Budget Wired Lavalier Condenser Mic for DJI Osmo Pocket
- Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier microphone - 20' Audio Cable
- Includes lapel clip and foam windscreen
- Sensitivity -30dB +/- 3dB / 0dB = 1V/Pa, 1kHz
The Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier microphone is a minimalistic, budget external microphone that you can use with the DJI Osmo Pocket. It has 20 feet of cabling and clips which makes it suitable even if your subject is a bit far.
And, the best part is Vidpro XM-L mic also includes a foam windscreen. So, you get high-quality audio that’s free from wind protection, which is pretty great given the budget price that this mic comes for.
For more mics compatible with insta360 read: 7 BEST Microphones for Action Cameras (GoPro, DJI, Insta360).
Which One is the Best Mic for Osmo Pocket?
It’s a fact that using an external microphone with the Osmo Pocket can greatly enhance the audio quality of your vlogs, and eliminate unpleasant noise. And, there’s no dearth of the mics on the market. All the mics mentioned on the list above are some of the best products available on the market for DJI Osmo Pocket.
The best one out of these in my opinion is the Rode Wireless Go mic, owing to the simplicity this wireless microphone offers, plus the trust of Rode as a brand.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best DJI Osmo Pocket microphones for high-quality audio 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 5 Reasons Why You Need a DJI Osmo Pocket Charging Case
- 5 BEST ND Filter Sets for DJI Osmo Pocket [Review 2022]
- DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod: What’s Special About it?
- DJI Osmo Pocket Waterproof Case: IS IT SAFE? [Review 2022]
- DJI Osmo Pocket Expansion Kit: Worth buying it? [Review 2023]