If you love tennis and are keen to improve your game, you’ll always want to see how the game went. GoPro comes as a pure delight for all the tennis lovers. You can now film your match at varied angles and view them later.
Read on to know all about the best accessories and tips for filming your exciting tennis games.
Is GoPro Good for Filming Your Tennis Games?
GoPro is undoubtedly the best action camera available in the market today for filming any of your action sports. The durable and strong exterior and multiple shooting features make it ideal for recording high quality, engaging videos. For a sport like tennis there are numerous times when you’d want to see on tape, how you played or how the game was overall. Recording also opens the door up for evaluation and analytics.
All GoPro models are great, to choose the right one, check out the following article: GoPro Comparison Chart: 13 TOP GoPro Models.
GoPro cameras are waterproof and can withstand high impacts. They are super strong and with amazing features like WiFi, Bluetooth, Voice Control etc., it’s even better to film supreme quality, stabilized footage.
GoPro is easy to take around and attach it anywhere. With a few compatible accessories, just like a silent friend, it would film all the important and fun moments of your game for you to enjoy later.
The next section highlights some of the amazing accessories which will help you capture your game better.
Best Accessories for Filming Tennis Games
Here are five compatible GoPro gears that will help you record epic tennis games:
#1. Jaws Flex Clamp Mount
Suptig Jaws Flex Clamp Mount can be attached anywhere, be it a desk, a pole or your sports equipment (in this case, a racquet). This clamp mount is compatible with most action cameras. It’s easy to both install and remove and is made up of strong, durable material. The adjustable gooseneck makes it easy to adjust your camera angle to record varied angle shots.
It is a true companion for taking footage of your sporting action. The Jaws Flex Clamp can be used to position GoPro on the side of the pitch, at a low level to try and incorporate both players in the frame by using GoPro super wide angle view.
#2. GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod
The GoPro 3-Way Grip extension arm expands to 20 inches (50.8 centimetres), the ideal length for taking selfie shots without the mount appearing in the resulting footage. It achieves this through the elbow joint in the extension arm, allowing the mount to be bent below (or above) the field of view. But, it’s possible that you’ll still see the hand holding it – it all depends on the angle of the camera. You can also use the extension arm by letting it hold the GoPro low to the ground and use it as a follow cam. When detached from the arm, the handle doubles as a camera grip. Hidden inside the grip handle is a small folding tripod that allows the GoPro to be mounted straight onto it.
During the Tennis games, you can position the camera in different angles with GoPro 3-Way Grip to get low to the ground shots or other varied angle shots of the players. You can also set it as a tripod to record all details.
#3. GoPro Performance Chest Mount
The official GoPro Performance Chest Mount is steady, flexible and made with padded design which makes it comfortable to wear and capture stable, hands-free great POV footage during the Tennis games. It is made from lightweight, breathable material with a standard 3-prong mount. The Chesty is adjustable to be an easy fit for almost everyone. The Quick-release buckle enables for easy in and out.
GoPro Chest Mount is a great tool to record yourself or others while playing tennis. It is an amazing way to film footage for coaching or playing with almost no setup time or large heavy equipment.
#4. GoPro Fence Mount
GoPro Fence Mount is easy to use and setup. It is versatile gear and conveniently expands from 28″ to 6′- 5″ to reach the top of almost any fence. It supports in capturing footage through different angles due to its flexibility and ease to clamp it securely in almost any location. The mount can be placed on the top of the fence and film the whole court. You can mount the camera inside or outside of the court to get a complete lookout of the strategy, techniques and movements during the game.
Click here to know more about Fence Mounts.
#5. WiFi Remote Controller
GoPro Smart Remote is ideal for recording your sports activity and is compatible with most of the GoPro models that have wireless capabilities. This remote control with built-in LCD screen lets you control all camera functions, including shutter, on/off and settings. It has a built-in 350 mAh battery which can work for 5 hours at a stretch, once fully charged. The 180m range is also great, along with the fact that you can control up to 50 cameras at a time!
The WiFi Remote Controller is strong, wearable, mountable and waterproof up to 6.5ft. It is easy to port and record all key moments during the Tennis game due to the fact that it can control multiple cameras at one time.
Tips For Filming Tennis Games With GoPro
Filming tennis games with a GoPro can yield dynamic and stunning footage if done correctly. Here are some tips to help you capture the best tennis shots possible:
Placement & Positioning:
- Mount the GoPro High: Use a high vantage point to ensure a clear view of the entire court, capturing every movement.
- Net Positioning: Place a GoPro near the net to capture close-up action, but ensure it’s secure and won’t interfere with the game.
- Base Line Positioning: Mounting the GoPro on the baseline can provide exciting low and high-speed shots of both players.
- Player’s Perspective: Attach the camera to the player for unique first-person footage, using mounts like a head strap or a chest harness.
Settings & Resolution:
- High Frame Rate: Use a high frame rate (at least 60fps) to ensure smooth footage, especially when slowing down the footage in post-production.
- High Resolution: Record in the highest resolution possible (4K or 5K) to capture details and allow for cropping in post-production.
- Wide FOV: Use a wide Field of View (FOV) setting to capture more of the scene, important for action-packed sports like tennis.
- Protune Settings: Enable Protune and adjust settings for optimal exposure, white balance, and color grading in various lighting conditions.
Lighting & Exposure:
- Daylight Filming: Take advantage of natural light by scheduling recordings during the day.
- Avoid Backlighting: Position the camera in a way that the sun is facing the lens to avoid shadows and ensure players are well-lit.
- Use ND Filters: If filming in bright conditions, consider using ND filters(compatible with all the latest GoPro models) to control exposure and avoid overexposed footage.
Battery & Storage:
- Use Extra Batteries: Bring additional batteries to avoid running out of power during crucial moments.
- Have Enough Storage: Bring extra SD cards with sufficient storage space, especially when recording in high resolutions.
- Use Time-lapse Mode: Consider creating a time-lapse of the game, capturing the essence and energy without the need for lengthy footage.
- Stabilization: Use GoPro models with HyperSmooth stabilization or use a gimbal to avoid shaky footage.
- Test Shots: Before the game, take some test shots to ensure framing, exposure, and focus are optimal.
More GoPro Mounts for Awesome Shots!
GoPro, like a true friend, will support you in filming all the important moments during the game. Now you know all the ways and accessories that will assist you in recording your games, so get out there and film some epic matches!
Here are some more GoPro Mounts which you might be interested in:
- Go to GoPro Helmet Mounts >>
- Go to GoPro Wrist Mounts >>
- Go to GoPro Motorcycle Mounts >>
- Go to GoPro Head Mounts >>
- Check out this site for Tennis and Padel tips >
Ready To Film Your Tennis Game With GoPro?
GoPro cameras are a great option for filming tennis games due to their compact size, durability, and high-quality video capabilities. With the right placement and settings, a GoPro can capture dynamic footage of tennis matches from unique angles, such as from the net or court level.
Additionally, GoPro’s advanced features like HyperSmooth stabilization and slow-motion recording make it easier to capture and showcase the speed and precision of tennis shots. Overall, investing in a GoPro camera can enhance your tennis game and help you analyze and improve your performance on the court.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about how to film a tennis game with GoPro. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 10 Best Clamp Mounts for GoPro (+ Creative Filming Ideas)
- 13 Most Used GoPro Mounts & Accessories
- 10 GoPro Photography Tips for Epic Shots (+ Best Settings)