It is a challenging job to capture smooth and stable footage of your ski action. Most GoPro models are capable of capturing impressive skiing footage owing to their super-compact size and amazing stabilization. But, if you want to capture stable footage while you ski along the snow-laden slopes, you’ll need a good GoPro Helmet Mount.
In this post, you’ll discover some of the best GoPro Ski Helmet mounts.
So, let’s dive in!
5 BEST GoPro Ski Helmet Mounts in 2022
Here are the five best GoPro Ski Helmet Mounts available on the market as of 2022:
#1: GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount
- Versatile front and side helmet-mounting solution
- Offers maximum adjustability for a variety of shots and capture angles
- Includes easier-to-use integrated mounting buckle
A durable, GoPro official helmet mount, the GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount is a perfect choice to shoot your skiing adventures. As the name suggests, the GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount can be secured to either front or side of your helmet. Featuring an industrial-grade, waterproof adhesive, this mount is great for use in the snow and even during rainy days as well as windy conditions.
#2: Taisioner Adjustable GoPro Helmet Mount Kit
- ☆ Compatible with GoPro Hero 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Session / Polaroid / AKASO /...
- ☆ Including the side mounting could adjust the shoot degree you need on your...
- ☆ The flat curved mount will install steadiness with sticker to adapt different...
Featuring a strong adhesive mounting, the Taisioner Adjustable GoPro Helmet Mount Kit ensures that your GoPro action camera never drops out no matter what! This mount kit comprises both flat as well as curved mounts. So, you can adjust your GoPro camera to most helmet surfaces using this mount kit. Overall, it’s a great GoPro helmet mount for capturing ski shots. Highly recommended!
#3: GoPro Flat + Curved Adhesive Mounts
- Compatible with a wide variety of curved and flat surfaces
- Industrial-strength adhesive ensures secure mounting
- Removable by applying heat to adhesive bond and peeling off mount
The GoPro Flat + Curved Adhesive Mounts are, basically, a package that comprises six mounts – three mounts for flat surfaces and three for curved surfaces. The ones that are meant for curved surfaces are usually a great fit for most helmets. These GoPro official mounts use a super-strong adhesive which makes them ideal for use while you’re skiing. Also, despite being strong, you can easily remove it from your helmet when needed. All you have to do is apply heat from a blow dryer.
#4: GoPro Vented Helmet Strap Mount
- Attaches to any vented helmet
- Adjustable strap makes for quick and easy mounting
- One size fits all helmets
As the name suggests, this GoPro official Vented Helmet Strap Mount is built specifically for vented helmets. It is a high-quality product that comes with extra strong fabric straps, which is why it can be attached to all kinds of vented helmets. Also, this mount features adjustable straps which makes it easy to fit most helmet sizes.
#5: GoPro Helmet Front Mount
- It also extends out in front of the helmet so you can turn the camera back on...
- Camera and helmet are NOT included
- This mount is very popular with skiers and snowboarders
Last but certainly not least, the GoPro official Helmet Front Mount is a super sturdy mount that lets you extend your GoPro further outwards. This makes it a perfect choice for those who want the camera to face themselves. It is also useful if you want to extend your GoPro above forehead height, such as whilst pointing down the trail. Another plus: the GoPro Helmet Front Mount can easily be removed from your helmet when needed by simply applying heat to its adhesive.
How to Stick GoPro Ski Helmet Mount to Helmet?
Please keep in mind is that the ‘curved‘ GoPro adhesive mounts are best for use on helmets. Here are the five simple steps to stick the GoPro Mounting Adhesive to your helmet so that it doesn’t pop out easily:
Step #1. Clean the Surface: Use rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the helmet surface, specifically at the spot where you would like to stick the mount.
Step #2. Peel off the Adhesive Covering: Now, peel off the covering of the mount adhesive. You can also use a knife in this step to make things easier.
Step #3. Heat the Adhesive: Using a lighter, heat the adhesive. When it’s warm enough (melted a little bit), the mount is ready to be firmly stuck to the helmet.
Step #4. Stick the Mount to Helmet: Beware! You need to be extra careful while doing this step. After all, you’ve got just one shot to do it right. Clearly identify the area where you’d like the mount to be stuck. Now, press the mount so that it’s stuck to the helmet firmly.
Step #5. Attach the GoPro to the Mount: Finally, attach your GoPro to the mount.
That’s it! You’ve successfully stuck the adhesive-based GoPro Ski Helmet Mount to your helmet.
So, Which GoPro Ski Helmet Mount Will You Choose?
You can choose any one of the above-mentioned ski helmet mount options. All are the best-rated products available on the market currently. If you ask my opinion about the same, I’d say that my favorite mount is the GoPro Helmet Front + Side Mount. That’s because of the versatility it offers. It has an industrial-grade, waterproof adhesive, and gives you the flexibility of being able to be secured to either front or side of your helmet.
Thanks for reading! ?
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best GoPro Ski Helmet mounts. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends ?
- 7 GoPro Accessories You Need for Skiing (+ Camera Tips)
- Top 8 GoPro Snowboarding Mounts & Accessories + Tips
- Top 15 GoPro Helmet Mounts for Ski, Bike, Motorcycle & Action!
- 5 Affordable Action Camera Body Mounts for Epic POV Shots
- 10 Camera Polarizer Lens Filters for TRUE Colors (2022 Guide)