When it comes to the best camera for bikers and motorcyclists, GoPro action cameras are the first thing that comes to mind. But, with multiple GoPro models available on the market and the presence of other competitors, such as – DJI, in the action camera space, deciding on which action camera to buy for shooting your motorcycle trips can get a bit confusing.
Therefore, in order to let you capture your riding moments in the best possible way, I’ve come up with this highly informative post. Here you’ll discover some of the best motorcycle cameras that you can buy in 2022.
5 Best Motorcycle Camera in 2022
Here are my top 5 action camera picks for bikers in 2022:
#1. GoPro Hero 10 Black | Our Top Pick!
- Video Resolution: 5.3K/60FPS, 4K/120FPS, 2.7K/240FPS
- Photo Resolution: 23 MP
- Image Stabilization: HyperSmooth 4.0
- Weight: 153 grams
- Revolutionary Processor: Faster. Smoother. Better. The powerful new GP2 engine...
- High-Res Photos plus Videos, High Frame Rate: Step up to the sharpest-shooting GoPro...
- Unbelievable Image Quality: Shoot with fine detail, realistic textures and stunning...
This is the best camera you can buy in 2022 for shooting your motorcycle adventures. With HyperSmooth EIS upgraded to its 4.0 version, you get super-steady biking videos. What’s more, you can now apply stabilization to even higher video resolutions including 5.3K30, 4K60, and 2.7K120 on the GoPro Hero 10 Black.
With the all-new GP-2 chip, the camera doubles the performance of the previous Hero 9. And, its in-built mounting system makes mounting the camera an easy job, whether you want to attach it to your bike’s handlebar or your helmet. The low-light performance of the GoPro Hero 10 is also superb and is visibly improved. So, overall, this one is a must-buy for you if you want a top-notch camera with all the latest features and specs.
#2. GoPro Hero 9 Black | A Wonderful 5K Action Camera
- Video Resolution: 5K/30FPS, 4K/60FPS
- Photo Resolution: 20 MP
- Image Stabilization: HyperSmooth 3.0
- Weight: 158 grams
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining...
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto - Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And...
- Front Display plus Rear Touch Screen - A new, larger rear touch screen with touch...
Another 5K-capable camera from GoPro – the Hero 9 Black is the company’s first camera with a front screen so you can view yourself while shooting your biking trips. The HyperSmooth 3.0 ensures that the shots are always smooth and shake-free even in scenarios when the camera is moving rapidly – such as while you’re on your motorcycle.
The GoPro Hero 9 Black also has an in-built mount to let you mount it anywhere without attaching it to a housing case. All in all, this one is a great choice for you if you want high-resolution biking footage.
#3. DJI Action 2 | Latest Modular Camera from DJI
- Video Resolution: 4K/120FPS, 2.7K/120FPS, 1080p/240FPS
- Photo Resolution: 12 MP
- Image Stabilization: RockSteady 2.0 + HorizonSteady
- Weight: 56 grams
- Snap Into Your Environment - Action 2's innovative magnetic design allows you to...
- Action on the Go - The ultra-compact DJI Action 2 takes up next to no room in your...
- Footage That Speaks for Itself - Action 2's ultra-wide FOV lets you capture more of...
With an innovative magnetic design, the DJI Action 2 is a breath of fresh air in the action camera space. It’s a completely redesigned action camera by DJI that allows you to effortlessly switch accessories magnetically. The camera is super-compact and takes up almost no space in your bag! At just 56 grams, it is extremely lightweight too. DJI Action 2 features a Magnetic Lanyard and Magnetic Headband so you can effortlessly wear the camera on your head or chest as you capture your biking adventures.
With 4K/120fps capability, Action 2 is capable of recording your motorcycle footage with stunning detail. Furthermore, the upgraded RockSteady 2.0 stabilization with HorizonSteady detects and corrects camera shake and rotation in real-time so you get stable shots whether you’re dirt biking or motorcycling.
#4. GoPro Hero 8 Black | Still a Pretty Solid Choice
- Video Resolution: 4K/60FPS, 2.7K/120FPS, 1080p/240FPS
- Photo Resolution: 12 MP
- Image Stabilization: HyperSmooth 2.0
- Weight: 117 grams
- HyperSmooth 2.0: HERO8 Black has three levels of stabilization: On, High and Boost....
- Streamlined Design: The re-imagined shape is more pocketable, and folding fingers at...
- Expandable Mods: Vloggers, pro filmmakers and aspiring creators can do more than ever...
Although it’s been a couple of years since this camera was launched, the GoPro Hero 8 Black is still a pretty solid choice for crystal-clear biking shots. This is the first GoPro camera that includes an integrated mount. So, you don’t need to worry about carrying the additional frame to mount your camera on. It can record videos in 4K resolution and also comes with HyperSmooth 2.0 EIS which offers 3 levels of stabilization.
One main downside of Hero 8 Black is the absence of a front screen, but it has media-mod functionality which lets you add a display mod to it. So, you can make some amazing travel vlogs using the GoPro Hero 8 Black. Overall, Hero 8 is the camera for you if you don’t mind compromising on a few minor specs to get a budget-friendly camera that offers impressive biking footage.
#5. DJI Osmo Action | Durable Action Camera by DJI
- Video Resolution: 4K/60FPS, 2.7K/60FPS, 1080p/240FPS
- Photo Resolution: 12 MP
- Image Stabilization: RockSteady
- Weight: 124 grams
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch...
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable,...
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to...
The least expensive option on our list – Osmo Action is a rugged action camera by DJI that features a large front screen as well as DJI’s RockSteady stabilization. So, no matter how heavy the action is, you’ll get buttery stable and shake-free biking shots. It can capture stunning 4K videos at 60fps and also has voice control for a truly hands-free experience.
The DJI Osmo Action has a 12MP sensor that allows you to shoot 4K HDR videos with a wide angle of 145°. For slow-motion photography, the camera is able to capture every epic move of yours with jaw-dropping clarity and detail with its 8x slo-mo at 1080p/240fps.
Conclusion: So, Which One is the Best Motorcycle Camera in 2022
The answer is – GoPro Hero 10 Black. It is simply the best action camera today which offers superb high-resolution shots with amazing detail. So, if you have the budget for it, you should definitely go for the GoPro Hero 10 Black for the best motorcycle shots.
For those who are on a limited budget, I would suggest going for the GoPro HERO8. It is a durable action camera that offers a multitude of video and image capturing features and is super versatile with the possibility of using multiple add-on accessories.
Thanks for reading! 🙏
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best motorcycle cameras that you can buy in 2022. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends 🙂