What is the best GoPro microphone for motorcycle? This question can be easily answered if you know what to look for. The microphones have to be waterproof and work well in all types of weather, especially extreme temperatures and heavy winds. Additionally, they need to provide a high quality sound that is clean and free of noise.
To help you find a GoPro mic that suits your riding needs, we’ll walk you through 5 recommended GoPro microphones that are perfect for recording audio in harsh conditions.
Are you ready?
GoPro Mic Adapters
Before taking a look to different GoPro microphones, you need to know that most GoPro camera models don’t have a dedicated audio input port. Therefore, you need a microphone adapter (USB–C to 3.5 mm Audio Jack adapter) to connect an external microphone to your GoPro.
Here are the two official GoPro Mic Adapters:
#1. GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter (USB-C)
Compatible with: Hero 9 Black, Hero 8 Black, Hero 7 Black, Hero 6 Black, Hero 5 Black / Session
- Enables high-quality audio capture when using a pro-level external mic
- Usb-c power and data extension with 90 Degree connector
- Connects a wide range of external 3. 5mm mics
GoPro 3.5mm Mic adapter is a 106dB stereo analog-to-digital converter that turns your compatible GoPro’s USB-C port into an input and allows you to connect external microphones. This adapter also includes a 90° connector for charging or data extension on your camera, which makes it one of our favorite accessories when shooting in remote environments like concerts, sporting events, conferences, interviews – anywhere we need high-quality sound from the field.
#2. GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter (mini-USB)
Compatible with: Hero 4 Black / Silver, Hero 3+ Black, Hero 3 Black
This GoPro 3.5mm Mic adapter turns your compatible GoPro’s mini-USB port into an audio input by allowing you to connect external microphones to it. It’s basically a wire which features a mini-USB connector on one end and a 3.5mm audio input port on the other.
5 Best GoPro Microphones for Motorcycle
Here are the five best GoPro microphones for capturing quality audio when riding a motorcycle:
#1. Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone
- Broadcast quality, professional-grade Lavalier Mic with TRRS Jack
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule; discrete 4.5 millimeter miniature...
- Kevlar reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under...
The Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone is a professional-grade, broadcast quality microphone designed for use with GoPro action cameras. Its high-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule provides clear sound reproduction and the kevlar reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions. It is ideal for recording audio on the go while motorcycling.
You can clip this microphone to your jacket, shirt, or collar. It’s small and lightweight enough. So, it won’t get in the way of you riding but will still provide an excellent sound quality for recording audio.
#2. Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone
- THE ULTIMATE LAVALIER MICROPHONE KIT - This premium quality lapel mic is made for...
- COMPATIBLE WITH: iPhone* (*iPhone 7 and up require Lightning to 3.5mm Adapter - Sold...
- NOT COMPATIBLE WITH: Camcorders, PC / Computers / Laptops, GoPro Session, Nexus...
The Purple Panda Lavalier Lapel Microphone Kit is the perfect solution for motovloggers who want to capture high-quality sound. The kit includes a lavalier microphone, 9.8ft (3m) extension cord, mini usb adapter, and windscreen for crystal-clear audio even in noisy scenarios. This lightweight lapel microphone is durable and discreet, making it ideal for vlogging on the go!
The Purple Panda Lavalier microphone is designed to work seamlessly with your GoPro camera while you are out on the road or trail riding motorcycle. It has a clip-on design, and it’s also lightweight so it won’t get in the way of your riding.
#3. PowerDeWise Lavalier Lapel Microphone
- DUAL LAVALIER MICROPHONE. With 2 lapel microphone set, you get CLEAR SOUND and...
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY. For Android, Cameras, Camcorders, Audio Recorders, Tablets...
- EXTRA-LONG CORD WITH 2 EXTENSION CORDS. Our clip-on microphone has 79" (2m) length...
The PowerDeWise Lavalier Lapel Microphone is a lavalier microphone that can be used with GoPro action cameras using a mic adapter. It can be attached to the chest or collar of clothing, allowing for high-quality sound recording. The microphone has been tested in different environments and conditions, and its quality has been confirmed by many customers.
The PowerDeWise microphone is designed to get the best recording quality from your GoPro camera. This device provides excellent results while motovlogging, because of its long cable and windscreen protection.
#4. Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier Condenser Microphone
- Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier microphone - 20' Audio Cable
- Includes lapel clip and foam windscreen
- Sensitivity -30dB +/- 3dB / 0dB = 1V/Pa, 1kHz
The Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier microphone is a great solution if you’re looking for a budget microphone for your GoPro action camera. The kit includes 20 feet of cabling and clips which are perfect if your subject needs some distance.
This lightweight mic connects via a 4ft long cable with 3.5mm audio plug, leaving plenty of length. The included foam wind screen provides for shock or wind protection, so it’s perfect while motorcycling.
#5. Amazon Basics Lapel Microphone – Omnidirectional Mic
- Lapel broadcast microphone (silver, 2-pack) for capturing premium-quality on-the-go...
- Picks up sound from all directions (omnidirectional); ideal for interviews, meetings,...
- Made of durable metal and plastic; mini metal clip for securely attaching the mic to...
Made of durable metal and plastic, the AmazonBasics Lapel Microphone is a lightweight microphone that can be clipped onto your shirt or jacket. It offers omnidirectional pickup for an optimal recording experience and is compatible with most GoPro cameras using an adapter.
The Amazon Basics Lapel Microphone is ideal for capturing premium-quality on-the-go audio with GoPro and other action cameras. This microphone can be used with a motorcycle helmet, so it’s great for motovlogging.
Final Words: What GoPro Mic Should You Get for Motorcycle?
All the microphones given in the above list are highly rated products. You can choose any one of them based on your own taste and preferences.
For those who want something that’s simply the best in terms of build quality, brand and performance, the Rode SmartLav+ Lavalier Microphone is a wonderful option. However, if you want to go for a budget microphone for the audio recording of your motorcycle adventures, then the Vidpro XM-L Wired Lavalier Condenser Microphone is the perfect choice.
Remember to wear a wind protection on your GoPro or dead-cat on your microphone to reduce wind noise while riding your motorcycle!
- Reduce wind noise and enhance audio capture performance in windy environments and...
- Material :Foam, size:8cm*6.5cm*4.2cm.
- Perfect for winter outdoor sports such as skiing, it does protect the gopro from...
- Lavalier windscreen, 5pcs, black-and-white (not pure grey).
- Hole diameter 0.4 inch / 10mm, suitable for most lavalier, lapel or pin-on...
- Reduce background noise: block all excess air/wind noise but they don't muffle the...
Also check out: 5 Microphones for GoPro Hero 7 + Mic Adapters
Sharing is Caring
If you found value in this article please share it with your friends on Facebook . Someone else can benefit from it, just like you did