There used to be a time when it wasn’t easy to find a sturdy action camera at a budget price. There were literally no options other than the premium GoPro cameras which were nowhere near cheap. Fast forward to 2022 – there are plenty of affordable action cameras available on the market today from brands like Akaso, that have expertise in the field of budget-friendly action cameras.
So, if you want to record your action-packed pursuits without hurting your wallet, take a look at the best cheap action cameras under $100 given below.
5 Best Cheap Action Cameras (Under $100) in 2022
Here are the five best cheap action cameras that you can get for under $100 in 2022:
Our Top Pick!
#1. Akaso V50 Pro
- SUPERB IMAGE QUALITY: Featuring 4K/30fps and 20MP image, your AKASO V50 Pro action...
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) with...
- OPTIONAL VIEW ANGLE: You can adjust the view angle of this action camera according to...
While this one doesn’t technically fit into the category of ‘under $100’ action cameras, I’m still adding it because it’s a great choice. Also, at $119 (at the time of writing this post), it costs only a tiny bit more. The Akaso V50 Pro features some impressive specs, which include the ability to shoot videos at 4K/30FPS, 1080p/60FPS, and stills at up to 20-MP resolution. The built-in electronic image stabilization (EIS) on this camera ensures that you get ultra-smooth footage always.
The Akaso V50 Pro is water-resistant (down to 98 feet) with the included external waterproof housing on. What’s more, you also get a box full of accessories in the package!
Premium Look & Feel
#2. Akaso Brave 7 LE
- BORN ALL-WEATHER ACTION CAMERA - Brave 7 LE action camera is weatherproof and...
- CONVENIENT DUAL-DISPLAY - With innovate dual color screens design, you can change...
- SHOOT 4K VIDEO & 20MP PHOTO - This action camera can take hyper-quality 4K 30Fps...
Like the former, this one is also a bit higher than the said budget ($119, to be precise). Even though it comes at such an affordable price, the Akaso Brave 7 LE offers some top-notch specs. It features a dual-display – front + back, 4K/30fps resolution, and IPx7 water resistance without a case for snorkeling. And if you want to shoot your diving adventures, the camera comes with a 40m waterproof case included in the package.
Overall, the Akaso Brave 7 LE feels the most high-end than any other camera on this list. And, it’s not only about the look! With impressive specs, this camera is a great buy for those looking for a cheap action camera.
Impressive Stabilization in Budget
#3. Akaso V50X
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO V50: Featuring 4K/30fps, 2.7K 30fps and 2K 60fps video...
- INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN: With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes,...
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: AKASO V50X action camera records smooth, steady video...
Featuring 4K/30fps, 2.7K 30fps, and 2K 60fps video resolution, the Akaso V50X action camera enables you to take incredible HD videos. It has a highly responsive UI, which is a surprise at this price. And, when you hold it, the camera feels premium too. Coming to its USP, the Akaso V50X features the best-in-class image stabilization. It makes your motion look super-smooth!
However, the camera works best when used in 1080p or 2.7K resolution max. At 4K, the video seems less sharp and less appealing to the eye.
Big Screen Size
#4. SJCAM SJ8 Air
- SJ8 Air action camera is powered by a Novatek chipset, Better resolution and system...
- 160 Degree Super Wide Angle- 3 FOV settings allow to catch up 170 degree wide...
- 2.33" IPS Touch Screen, edit photo, video on phone on SJCAM ZONE app via Wi-Fi, do...
The SJCAM SJ8 Air is a nice sports camera that shoots video at a 160-degree wide angle. It has a 14MP sensor that offers Ultra HD 1296P footage at 30fps. The best thing about this camera is its 2.33-inch IPS Touch Screen. Plus, you can also edit photos, videos via WiFi on your phone using the SJCAM Zone app.
Another notable feature of the SJCAM SJ8 Air is waterproofing to depths of 30 meters when used with the included housing case.
Cheapest Option on this List
#5. Akaso EK7000 Pro
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO EK7000: AKASO EK7000 Pro action camera delivers 4K/30fps,...
- INTUITIVE UI DESIGN: Ultra 2 inch IPS touch screen shows everything crystal clearly...
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: Built-in Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)...
The Akaso EK7000 is a great buy for those who are on a tight budget. It is capable of shooting videos in 4K/25fps, 2.7K/30fps, 1080P/60fps, and 16 MP photos.
While the camera offers incredibly good 1080p HD footage, when you increase the resolution to 4K, things get a bit jerky. So, I advise you to use this camera on 1080p at 60fps or 2.7k at 30fps max to get the best results. Also, the fact that there’s no stabilization on this camera is a bit of a disappointment. But, you can’t complain much, considering the ultra-low price it comes at.
How to Choose the Best Cheap Action Camera?
Here are the things that you need to look for while shopping for a budget action camera:
Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) is a must-have on an action camera. This feature lets your video look smooth & shake-free no matter how heavy the action is! However, don’t expect much – You won’t get a very impressive EIS on cheap action cameras. But, something is better than nothing!
Ability to Plug-in A Mic
This one is especially for vloggers who prefer using an external microphone for their shots. Also, since we’re talking about cheap action cameras, the audio quality you’ll get with the onboard mics on most of these cameras won’t be up to the mark. Therefore, ensure that the affordable action you’re looking at has a provision to add an external mic, either via USB or a 2.5mm input.
Water resistance is an important feature of an action camera. More so, if you’re looking to snorkel or dive with your camera. So, look for the level of water resistance the action camera offers. Please note that most cheap action cameras don’t offer water resistance without a housing case.
Don’t Be Fooled!
Lastly, I have a useful tip. While you’re scrolling through the list of some cheap action cameras, you may find some products that boast top-notch specs like 4K video and so on. My suggestion: Don’t be fooled by such claims! After all, you won’t get the same features on any random $100 action camera and the latest GoPro, for instance.
So, Which One Is The Best Cheap Action Camera?
There are two cameras that take the top spot – the Akaso V50 Pro and the Akaso Brave 7 LE. Both cameras feature the best specs that you can get in the sub-100 price range. The reason I chose only the Akaso V50 Pro as my top pick is that you also get a box full of accessories in the package, which is pretty great and useful for shooting your action-packed adventures.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this post helped you learn about some of the best cheap action cameras. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 7 Osmo Action Accessories for You Need in 2021
- 5 Best ND Filters & Polarized Filters for DJI Osmo Action
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Full Comparison & Review
- 7 Best SD Card for DJI Osmo in 2021
- GoPro Hero 10 Release Date, SECRET Rumors, Features, Price