As it is the most popular and go-to video-sharing platform for all, almost everyone with an internet connection uses YouTube. It’s incredibly convenient for content creators to upload videos on YouTube. So, if you want to create and monetize your content, there’s no better option than uploading your videos on YouTube.
In this post, you’ll discover how to upload a short video to YouTube straight from your iPhone.
Introduction to YouTube Shorts
YouTube Shorts are short, vertical videos that are up to 60 seconds long. These videos can be created using a smartphone and are uploaded directly to YouTube from the YouTube app. It’s just like Instagram Stories. While uploading your short videos as YouTube Shorts, you can use YouTube’s built-in creation tools. These tools include capturing, editing, adding music from major labels, adding animated text, controlling the speed of your footage, and combining multiple 15-second video clips to create your Shorts.
Alternatively you can first edit your video on iPhone: How To Edit Youtube Videos On iPhone (3 Free Apps).
Viewers of your Shorts can share, comment, like, dislike, or subscribe to your channel while viewing the video. And, the best part is that the content doesn’t disappear and remains on YouTube, unlike other short-form video apps like Instagram Stories and Snapchat.
For creating professional-looking shots I recommend you to take a look at: 5 Vlogging Setups for Beginners (Affordable & Easy to Use)
How to Upload a Short Video to YouTube from iPhone
You can upload your short videos to YouTube in a few easy steps. Use the instructions below to upload your videos from your iPhone.
On your iPhone, you need to use the YouTube iOS app to upload videos by recording a new video or selecting an existing one. Here are the steps:
- Open the YouTube app.
- Tap Create > Upload a video.
- Select the file you’d like to upload and tap Next.
- If your video is 60 seconds or less and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, it will automatically be uploaded as a Short.
- If your video is longer than 60 seconds and has a square or vertical aspect ratio, you can tap “Edit into a Short” to trim your video and upload it as a Short.
Note: If you close the upload experience before you finish choosing your settings, your video will be saved as a draft on your Content page.
Alternatively, you can also record the short video directly from the YouTube app. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Tap Create > Create a Short.
- To record a 15-second video clip, tap the red record button to start recording and then again to stop.
- If you want to record a full 60-second video, tap the number 15 above the record button to change the video length to 60 seconds.
If you often find yourself short of storage while recording a video, you might need to clear out some unnecessary photos. Learn the steps to permanently remove photos from your iPhone in our article: How to (Permanently) Delete Photos from Your iPhone.
There are multiple tools in the YouTube app to ease the process and make your short video look appealing. You can:
- Switch the camera view by tapping the rotating arrows.
- Speed up or slow down your Shorts by tapping the 1x button.
- Tap the clock icon to set a countdown timer for creating hands-free videos.
- Add filters to your Short by tapping the three circles icon.
- Add retouching to your video by tapping the magic wand.
- Tap the person icon to switch up your background.
- Tap the ghost icon to help align your transitions between video clips.
- To add sound to your Short, tap the Add sound icon at the top of the screen.
If you’d like a demo of how to upload videos on your iPhone or iPad, watch the following video:
How to Monetize YouTube Shorts
One thing that a lot of content creators want to know about is: How to monetize YouTube Shorts? That’s because YouTube is one of the very few platforms that offer revenue-sharing to creators.
Well, we’ve got good news for you! Starting in early 2023, YouTube Shorts creators can qualify for a Partner Program, which lets them earn ad revenue from YouTube. However, for this, Shorts creators will need at least 10 million views over the previous 90 days. This will allow them to join the Partner Program. Once enrolled in the program, creators earn 45% of ad revenue from their videos.
So, if you’re able to build an audience on the YouTube platform, you can possibly earn a lot of money.
Are You Ready To Start Uploading Short Videos to YouTube?
YouTube Shorts is a great way for anyone to connect with a new audience using just your iPhone and the YouTube app. You can easily upload short videos to YouTube by using the steps mentioned above. In addition, YouTube has various tools that make it easy to create and edit short-form videos that are up to 60 seconds long. So, get ready to upload your awesome content for the world to watch.
Do you want to become an expert in youtube, then read the following articles:
- YouTube Banner SIZE You Need + Template (Download)
- The YouTube Thumbnail SIZE You Need + Template Download
- 7 Best Webcams for YouTube
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn how to upload a short video to YouTube straight from your iPhone.🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!