If you are feeling excited to take your GoPro HERO 10 on your next adventure and are looking for a companion SD card, then you have landed at the right place. An SD card especially, with a supreme quality action camera like HERO 10 should be compatible in a way that you can easily record and transfer your million memories without any disruption.
In this article, you will learn about the microSD card sizes that are compatible with the GoPro HERO 10, and how long each size variant can record.
Read on to know more.
GoPro HERO 10 SD Card Size Recommendations
The GoPro Hero 10 Black features a single microSD card slot and the SD card used should be fast enough to handle the high bitrate offered by HERO 10. The HERO10 Black uses the UHS-I host specification, so you won’t get added benefits if you put a UHS-II card in it. Though it would work perfectly fine owing to the rollback mechanism.
Speed Class is the official unit of speed measurement for all SD cards. There are five different speed classes – 2,4,6,8,10 (10 being the fattest and 2 being the slowest). It gives you the minimum transfer rate of data that the card is capable of. In the case of GoPro HERO 10, Class 10 microSD cards with V30 or UHS-3 rating are recommended for best results.
GoPro HERO 10 SD Card Size
The GoPro HERO 10 supports microSD cards with storage size up to 512GB and 1TB. The main requirement of the card is to be fast enough to support the HERO10’s features.
So, you can use the following storage size variants with your GoPro HERO 10 camera:
If you use a card that is bigger like 512GB or 1TB in size, there are chances that the card might get corrupted and you will have to lose all data at once. So, it is advisable to use 128GB cards, they work well in all scenarios.
GoPro HERO 10 SD Card Size: How Long Can It Record?
Here are the estimated number of photos/footage duration you can fit on various sizes of memory cards
How Long Can a 32GB SD Card Record?
- Number of Pictures: 12,157
- 5K (30fps) Video: 48 Mins
- 4K (60fps) Video: 48 Mins.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 48 Mins.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 1:00 Hr.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 1:00 Hr.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 1:19 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 1:19 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 1:55 Hrs.
How Long Can a 64GB SD Card Record?
- Number of Pictures: 24,337
- 5K (30fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 1:37 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 2:06 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 2:06 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 2:38 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 2:38 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 3:50 Hrs.
How Long Can a 128GB SD Card Record?
- Number of Pictures: 48,960
- 5K (30fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 3:15 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 4:02 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 5:18 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 7:43 Hrs.
How Long Can a 256GB SD Card Record?
- Number of Pictures: 97920
- 5K (30fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 4K (60fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 2.7K (120fps) Video: 6:30 Hrs.
- 2.7K (60fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 1080p (120fps) Video: 8:00 Hrs.
- 1080p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 720p (60fps) Video: 10:36 Hrs.
- 720p (50fps) Video: 15:26 Hrs.
Note: These are just the estimates that can be useful as guides to let you have an idea of what to expect from each size variant.
GoPro Recommended SD Cards for HERO 10
Here are the two micro SD cards that GoPro officially recommends for the GoPro HERO 10:
SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD Card
- Brand: SanDisk
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 160MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD...
- Up to 90MB/s write speeds for fast shooting; Requires compatible devices capable of...
- 4K UHD and Full HD Ready with UHS speed class 3 (U3) and video speed class 30 (V30)
The SanDisk Extreme microSD card is one is our top recommended microSD cards for HERO 10. With up to 160 MB/s read speed and 90 MB/s write speed, you can now record and transfer high-resolution images and 4K UHD videos in no time. SanDisk cards have a strong exterior which makes them temperature proof, waterproof, shockproof, and X-ray proof. It is available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 400GB, 512GB and 1TB sizes. GoPro officially recommends this card in their “Works with GoPro” certification program.
Samsung EVO Select UHS-I microSD Card
- Brand: Samsung
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 130MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- ALL THE SPACE YOU NEED: Store tons of media on your phone, load games or download...
- FAST AND SMOOTH: With superfast U3, class 10 rated transfer speeds of up to...
- EXPAND AND STORE BIG: Find your perfect fit from 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB; Select...
Another amazing choice for your HERO 10 is Samsung EVO Select microSD cards. It is one of the most popular cards on Amazon. With a read and write speed of 130 MB/s and 90 MB/s respectively, it offers a quick record and transfer of high bitrate videos and burst mode photography. With top-notch speed and seamless transfer, these cards assure to keep your memories safe. Samsung EVO Select is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB sizes. The card is made with strong and durable material to withstand harsh weather conditions. Overall, a great pick!
For more on compatible SD card sizes for different GoPro models, visit this article:
HERO 10 is an amazing action camera packed with mind-blowing features. With the high bitrate, you need a microSD card with will not lag or exhaust too quickly. Choosing the right size is important. With HERO 10 in hand, there is nothing that you can not create. It lets you shoot high-quality videos and images with unbelievable quality. So, you may have to pre-plan and consider how many hours of 4K video you’ll be recording and choose your card accordingly. Be ready to take home some beautiful memories of your next trip! 🙂
Thanks for reading ?
I hope this guide helped you learn about the GoPro HERO 9 Card size and how long can different storage capacity variants record. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends ?
- 7 BEST (High-Speed) GoPro SD Memory Cards of 2021
- 7 Best SD Cards for Sony A6000 Video (2021 Updated)
- GoPro Low Light Tips: Learn How to Improve Your Low Light Footage
- GoPro Time Lapse: Creating Stunning Time-Lapse Shots
- 7 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 9 (Recommendation 2021)