Wondering which app to use for your DJI Osmo handheld device? This post has full information about it.
DJI Mimo is the dedicated app for all DJI handheld devices. It offers powerful and highly intuitive editing tools that will allow you to enhance your photos and videos captured via DJI Osmo.
In this post, you’ll learn all about the app for DJI Osmo – DJI Mimo.
So, let’s get started!
App for DJI Osmo: DJI Mimo
DJI Mimo is a comprehensive app that comes with some highly useful tools like HD live video feeds during recording, and unique, easy-to-use intelligent modes.
This app lets you capture, edit, and share the best of your moments, right from your fingertips. Overall, with the DJI Mimo app, there’s no limit to your creativity! This all-in-one app has been made specifically for your DJI Osmo handheld device. It is available for both iOS & Android devices.
To download DJI Mimo click here.
Here’s the list of DJI Osmo devices that DJI Mimo supports:
- DJI Osmo Pocket handheld gimbal,
- Osmo Action camera, and
- Osmo Mobile 3
Highlights of the DJI Mimo App
Here are a few highlights of what functions the DJI Mimo app can perform:
- Supports HD live view and 4K video recording.
- Controls Osmo Pocket, Osmo Action, or Osmo Mobile 3 via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- Ready to use ‘My Story’ video templates designed by professionals to edit your videos with a single tap.
- Precise face identification and real-time Beautify mode to enhance your photos and videos instantly.
- Upload and share videos with just a tap.
- Advanced video editing functions: Trim and split clips, adjust playback speed, reverse, and more.
- Tune image quality as per your needs: Brightness, saturation, contrast, color temperature, vignette, and sharpness.
- Other features: Multiple filters, music templates, and watermark stickers to finish your videos with a unique flair.
All in all, the DJI Mimo app allows you to enter the world of advanced photography using DJI Osmo devices.
How to Download DJI Mimo App
The DJI Mimo app is available for both iPhone as well as Android phones. Here’s how you can download the DJI Mimo app.
Download DJI Mimo On iPhone
The process of downloading and installing the DJI Mimo app on your iPhone is pretty straightforward. Here are the steps to download the DJI Mimo app on your iPhone:
- Step #1: Go to the App Store and search for DJI Mimo. Alternatively, you can visit this link – DJI Mimo on App Store
- Step #2: Click the ‘Get’ icon to download the app.
That’s it! The app will get downloaded and installed. Once it’s downloaded, just open it and log in.
Compatibility Information: To download the DJI Mimo app, your iPhone requires to have iOS 12.0 or above. The app is compatible with all models of these iPhone Series: iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XS, iPhone XR, iPhone X, and iPhone 8.
Download DJI Mimo App on Android
Downloading the DJI Mimo app on an Android phone is a bit complicated because the app is no longer available for download through the Google Play Store. The reason that DJI gives for this is: “Because the compatibility strategy between the DJI App and Google Play Store is changing, you currently cannot finish downloading and updating using Google Play.”
Thankfully, there’s a way to download the DJI Mimo app through the DJI website. Here are the steps to download the DJI Mimo app on your Android phone:
- Step#1: Visit DJI’s website on your Android device – DJI Mimo via DJI’s website
- Step #2: Click the ‘Download for Android’ button, and give your browser permission to download, if required. This will download the app’s apk.
- Step #3: After the APK is downloaded in the browser, please find the installation package in the download list and manually click to install.
- Step #4: You’ll be asked whether you want to allow installs from a third party. Hit ‘Accept’.
That’s how you can download the DJI Mimo app on your Android phone. Once it’s downloaded, open the app and log in.
Note: If you get a prompt that the app cannot be installed or fails to install, please uninstall the original Android application and reinstall the new version by following the same steps.
Compatibility Information: To download the DJI Mimo app, your Android device requires to have Android 8.0 or above. The app is compatible with these Android phones: HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro+, HUAWEI Mate 40 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 4o, HUAWEI P40 Pro, HUAWEI P40, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P20 Pro, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 30, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 10 Pro, HONOR 30 Pro, HONOR 20, SAMSUNG Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S9+, Galaxy S8, SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 9, Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 10 Pro, Mi 10, Mi 9, Redmi K30 Pro, Vivo X30 Pro, Vivo X30, Vivo X27, OPPO RENO 3 Pro, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 7 Pro, Pixel 4XL, Pixel 3XL, Pixel 2, LG V40.
In addition, you can also download the app even if your Android version is older than 8.0. Here are the app download links:
Did You Download Your App Yet?
So, unleash your creativity by using the DJI Mimo app with your DJI Osmo device. Use all the amazing features that this app offers, including live HD video feeds, intelligent modes, HD live view, 4K video recording, and more to shoot, edit, and share some amazing content of your world with your loved ones.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn how to download the DJI Mimo app on your device. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- How to Download DJI Fly App on Your Device
- DJI Osmo Mobile 2 vs 3 Comparison: Should You Upgrade?
- DJI Osmo Action 2 – Specs, Features, Price and Where to Buy It
- DJI Osmo Pocket Expansion Kit: Worth buying it?