Apart from introducing you to some amazing GoPro action cameras, the launch of the Quik App by GoPro adds a cherry to the cake. The wonderful app imports your footage automatically and helps to create awesome videos synced to music. A whole new world of spontaneous edits awaits you.
In this article, you will get an overview of the GoPro Quik Desktop App for both Windows and Mac.
Read on to know more.
GoPro Quik Desktop (Windows/Mac): Overview
GoPro Quik App is a free, basic app that lets you import, edit, and share the footage in just a few clicks. It has now become easier than ever to create professional-quality videos with the GoPro content. The key features of using the Quik App are mentioned below :
Key Features :
- GoPro Edit Templates make awesome videos synced to music
- It is easier to trim, edit and mix video clips
- Automatically imports and organize your photos and videos
- Adjust video playback speed for fast or slow motion
- Add gauges and graphs to your videos that show how fast, far, and high you went
- Create videos from time-lapse photo sequences
- Uses Highlight tags to find your best moments
- Keeps the GoPro devices up-to-date with the latest features for optimal performance
GoPro Quik Download
Visit the link below to download GoPro Quik App for desktops. It has a download link for both Mac and Windows.
Minimum System Requirements for Quik for Desktop
Here are the minimum requirements of GoPro Quik for desktop:
The minimum system requirements for a Windows PC to use Quik App is mentioned below :
- Supported Operating Systems: 64-bit Windows 10 in desktop mode only.
- CPU: Intel® Core 2 Duo™
- Graphics Card: Graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or later
- Screen Resolution : 1280 x 800
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Drive: 5400 RPM internal drive ( If external, use USB 3.0 or eSATA )
The minimum system requirements for Mac to use Quik App is mentioned below :
- Supported Operating Systems: Mac OS 10.9.X or later
- CPU: Intel® Dual Core™
- Graphics Card: Any graphics card shipped with Intel® Dual Core™ Macs or better
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 768
- RAM: 4 GB
- Hard Drive: 5400 RPM internal drive ( If external, use Thunderbolt, Firewire, or USB 3.0 )
Pro Tip: For both Windows and Mac, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better is recommended for 4K editing and playback and 512 MB RAM or greater for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or greater for 4K playback.
Steps To Edit GoPro Videos on Desktop Using Quik App
Below mentioned are the steps to edit your videos using the GoPro Quik app for Desktop (Windows/Mac) :
Step #1. Import your GoPro Content into Quik
The very first and foremost step is to Import your GoPro video clips to the Quik app on your Desktop. To do this, the app has a built-in import feature. Just connect your GoPro to your PC via the supplied cable and then launch the Quik app.
Once you click on the app, you will notice that it automatically detects your camera. The App will start importing all the files at once and after the import is complete, you’re ready to edit your GoPro videos on your Desktop.
Step #2. Choose your Favourite Moments
The next step is to select your best moments from the thumbnails and create a beautiful video out of them. So, look at all the raw footage from the GoPro that has just been imported and pick-choose your favorite clicks.
Step #3. Make the Necessary Edits
Once you’ve selected all your favorite moments, you’ll see the timelines of these GoPro clips. Create a short clip by selecting the ‘clip’ icon for adjusting the length of the clip. Some simple edits can be made on the GoPro Quik app for desktops. These include trimming videos to create short clips, selecting highlights, and more.
Step #4. Pick the Perfect Soundtrack
To make the video more interesting, you can now add music to it. There are 10 free songs available on the app. Plus, if you have a GoPro PLUS subscription, you can access an expansive library of soundtracks to choose from. Select the track that best fits your video.
Step #5. Export & Share
Finally, your video is ready to be exported and shared on Facebook, YouTube, and more. All this, directly from the app, and in seconds!
For more information on how to edit videos using Quik App on Mobiles and Desktop, check out the below article :
Quik App is an easy to use App mainly for beginners who want quick results with basic editing. There are many advanced video editing apps out there, like Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, Filmora Wondershare, etc. which provide various editing options for professional output.
Thanks for reading 🙏
I hope this guide helped you get all the information about GoPro Quik Desktop 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends 🙂
- 7 BEST (High-Speed) GoPro SD Memory Cards
- 7 Best SD Cards for Sony A6000 Video (Updated)
- GoPro SD Card Size: How Long Can It Record? 32GB-512GB
- 7 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 9 (Recommendation)