If you are a GoPro user and love to carry your little tech toy on all your adventures, then GoPro Quik Key Card Reader would become your favorite accessory to carry along. What better than transferring your footage on spot and editing it to share with friends and family? You can now exhibit your best experiences on social media in a go.
In this article, you will get a detailed review of the GoPro Quik Key Card Reader.
Read on to know more.
GoPro Quik Key Card Reader
GoPro’s Quick Key Card Reader allows you to share your HERO footage directly from your card. One end has a microSD card slot and the other a USB Type-C connector for connecting to your phone or tablet. Once you connect the Quik Key with your device, you can easily save, edit and share the data using the Capture App.
The pack includes :
- GoPro Quik Key microSD Card Reader
- Weather-Resistant Cover
- Carabiner Clip
- Fast and easy plug-and-play use on Android phones and tablets with a micro-USB...
- Access GoPro footage on your microSD card
- Carabiner-style clip and weather-resistant cover make it easy to take Quik Key with...
GoPro Quik Key Card Reader is easy to plugin and use. While you are on your various adventures, creating memories using your GoPro, this card reader comes in handy to share your beautiful moments without taking much time. The Carabiner-style clip makes it easy to carry it anywhere and everywhere. The strong exterior (weather-resistant cover) is made to withstand harsh weather conditions. It protects the card reader from dust and damage. So, you can easily carry it on your mountain biking or skiing trips and many others without fear of damaging the footage.
The small and stylish design makes it a trendy and useful accessory to tag along on all your trips with your HERO. You can also save space on your phone or tablet by storing your edited videos on Quik Key itself. It is an official GoPro accessory.
Steps To Edit Your Footage Using GoPro Quik Key Card Reader
Below mentioned are the steps to connect the Quik Key Reader to your device.
- Once you are done shooting, take out the microSD card of your GoPro camera.
- Insert the microSD card into the card reader.
- Plug the card reader into your phone or tablet using a USB connector. It comes in three different versions – A micro USB version, A version for Apple iPhones, and a Type-C version (which can be plugged into laptops, tablets, etc.)
- Once the card reader is connected to your device, click Allow on your device.
- You can easily preview, transfer and start editing your clips and files using the GoPro Capture App.
GoPro Capture App
The GoPro Capture App is a must if you want to transfer files and preview them on your device. This App lets you view and edits your HERO footage directly from the SD card. You can also select and delete the files you want. Using this App, you can edit the videos and give them an edge. The App lets you add music to the video or play some clips behind the other clips or help to mute certain parts etc.
Why You Should Choose Quik Key Card Reader?
Like all other accessories, the GoPro Quik Key Card Reader also has its plus points and some drawbacks.
- Small and Stylish in look.
- Easy to port. The keyring can be attached to a belt, bag, jacket anything.
- The outer cover is weather-resistant thus, keeping the card reader and data safe.
- Quick transfer of footage.
- Editing and Sharing data on social media has become easier than ever.
GoPro’s Quik Key Card Reader is a bit more pricey than the general card readers of other companies. But if you can chip in a few extra pennies, the key king and the protective shield along with the card reader are quite a good deal.
Some Recommended SD Cards for Quik Key
GoPro Quik Key Card Reader is compatible with all GoPro cameras. Two recommended SD cards are :
SanDisk Extreme UHS-I microSD Card
- Brand: SanDisk
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 160MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Capacity: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB & 1TB
- Up to 160MB/s read speeds to save time transferring high res images and 4K UHD...
- Up to 90MB/s write speeds for fast shooting; Requires compatible devices capable of...
- 4K UHD and Full HD Ready with UHS speed class 3 (U3) and video speed class 30 (V30)
SanDisk Extreme microSD card is one is our top recommended microSD cards for all GoPro models. The SanDisk Extreme offers a read speed of 160 MB/s and a write speed of 90 MB/s. It lets you easily record and transfer high-resolution images and 4K UHD videos. These cards are made to withstand harsh weather conditions and thus keep your memories safe. It is available in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 400GB, 512GB and 1TB sizes. GoPro officially recommended this card for all GoPro models.
Samsung EVO Select UHS-I microSD Card
- Brand: Samsung
- Speed Class: UHS-I, Class 10
- Maximum Read Speed: 130MB/s
- Maximum Write Speed: 90MB/s
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB
- ALL THE SPACE YOU NEED: Store tons of media on your phone, load games or download...
- FAST AND SMOOTH: With superfast U3, class 10 rated transfer speeds of up to...
- EXPAND AND STORE BIG: Find your perfect fit from 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB; Select...
Another amazing choice for your GoPro HERO is Samsung EVO Select microSD cards. It is one of the most popular cards on Amazon. With a read and write speed of 130 MB/s and 90 MB/s respectively, it offers a seamless transfer of high bitrate videos quickly. These cards are strong and durable, made to withstand strong weather conditions. Samsung EVO Select is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB sizes. Overall, a great pick!
For more on compatible SD card sizes for different GoPro models, visit this article:
When Are You Getting Your Quik Key Card Reader?
The GoPro Quik Key Card Reader is simple and easy to use and offers a much better transfer speed than using the Wi-Fi connectivity between the phone and the GoPro. The little LED on the bottom of the device keeps you assured if it is working or not. A very useful, little accessory to carry on all your coming adventure trips. You can now record your thrilling videos and share the mesmerizing clips and pictures with your friends and family that very instant.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about the GoPro Quik Key Card Reader 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 7 BEST (High-Speed) GoPro SD Memory Cards
- 7 Best SD Cards for Sony A6000 Video (Updated)
- GoPro SD Card Size: How Long Can It Record? 32GB-512GB
- 7 Best SD Cards for GoPro Hero 9 (Recommendation)
- How Long Can GoPro Quik Videos Be?