If you are someone who loves to shoot sports videos then, you must know that you require a good camera and right angles to record all the fast-paced shots and exciting movements. The camera should have a great stabilization system and offer high frame rates for stable and clear output. Every game is different and choosing the right camera for recording all your sports fun is no easy task.
In this article, you will learn about some of the best cameras for recording sports videos.
7 Best Cameras for Recording Sports Videos
There are a lot of options available in the market to choose from. Different cameras have different features along with varying price ranges. Listed below are seven such awesome cameras that would make your sports videography super fun. Read on to know more.
#1. Sony a6600
- World’s fastest AF at 0 02 sec with real-time AF and Object tracking
- 24 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor with front end LSI and ISO up to 102 400
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
Sony a6600 is a mirrorless camera offering good ISO capabilities and excellent 5-axis in-body image stabilization. It is compact, powerful, and works wonders in low-light conditions. Sony is known for its quality and performance and with 11 fps continuous shooting speed along with an improved 2280 mAh battery, you can be sure of capturing some super amazing shots during all games. The camera is made of a weather-sealed alloy body that not only makes it strong and durable but easy to work with in different conditions. What adds a cherry to the cake is, there is no limit on the record time.
Take a look at 7 Best Mirrorless Cameras under $1000 for Video
#2. GoPro Hero 11
- Revolutionary New Image Sensor: expansive field of view ever on a HERO camera out of...
- Unbelievable Image Quality: With 5.3K video that gives you 91% more resolution than...
- High-Res Photos + Videos, High Frame Rate: HERO11 Black’s new image sensor boosts...
If you are looking for a budget-friendly camera then, the GoPro Hero 11 is the best action camera for recording adventure sports and outdoor activities. It comes with some amazing features like Hypersmooth Video Stabilization, TimeLapse and TimeWrap, Hyperlapse, Built-in touch display, and many more. You can shoot super crisp 4K footage at 60 frames per second and superb photos at 23MP. The GoPro Hero 11 is waterproof up to 10 meters which means you can shoot great underwater videos as well. The camera is well-built and made to withstand harsh weather conditions. Overall, a great choice.
Read the whole review on GoPro hero 11 in this article.
#3. Fujifilm X-T4
- Putting stability in your hands: A huge part of creating great photos or videos is...
- Performance you can rely on: For any serious image maker, having a tool that can be...
- Find the best angle for your story: When chasing the perfect image, versatility is...
If you can chip in a few extra bucks then, you are in for a treat. The Fujifilm X-T4 is one of the best cameras available in the market to record awesome sports videos. It features a 26.1-megapixel sensor and can shoot 4K video at up to 60fps. The body is weather-resistant and it comes with phase detection autofocus, which is great for tracking moving subjects. This camera is a brilliant choice for all professional videographers who wish to give an edge to their footage. With an APS-C body, offering IBIS, unrivaled low-light focusing, plus a nice EVF along with superb battery life, it is a perfect fit for your upcoming events.
#4. Panasonic GH5
- Professional photo and video: 20.3 Megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low...
- Splash or Freeze Proof Design: Freeze proof to 10 degrees the durable magnesium alloy...
- Dual image stabilization: 5 axis dual image stabilization corrects all lenses,...
The Panasonic GH5 is a great choice for recording live sports events. It is a versatile camera that can be used for both stills and video. You can record sharp footage in low-light conditions with a 20.3-megapixel sensor without an optical low-pass filter. The Panasonic GH5 is one of the cheapest 4K cameras on the list. It has a rugged design with splash and dust resistance. The 4K Anamorphic professional video production interchangeable lens camera system enables high performance, durability, and mobility. Overall, a great camera offers amazing features at an affordable range.
Find more cameras for the low-light in this guide.
#5. Nikon Z 50
- Compact, lightweight and durably constructed mirrorless camera
- First DX-format mirrorless camera to use a large 55 millimeter lens mount, offering...
- 20.9 MP sensor with robust 4K UHD video features
Next up, we have another eye-catching option for recording sports videos and that is Nikon Z50. It is a mid-range mirrorless camera with a well-built, weather-sealed body featuring a 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor and a robust EXPEED 6 motor. The Nikon Z50 works well in low-light conditions and offers great image stability, eye-tracking AF, and mood-setting filters & effects. It is overall a good combination of usability, price, and performance. You can shoot some amazing 4k UHD and Full HD videos during different sports activities. It is also known for its noticeable Autofocus for video work.
#6. DJI Pocket 2
- MOTORIZED STABILIZATION: A 3-axis gimbal stabilizes the camera for smooth video on...
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY: An upgraded 1/1.7-inch sensor captures images with 64MP photo and...
- ENHANCED AUDIO: Consisting of four microphones, DJI Matrix Stereo offers sound...
The DJI Pocket 2 as the name suggests is a compact, pocket-sized camera that you can easily carry anywhere and everywhere. It features ActiveTrack 3.0 which makes it easier to lock subjects and track their movements in real-time. The camera is also known for delivering superior audio quality with the OCUSYNC 2.0 transmission system. It is the smallest three-axis stabilized camera that DJI has ever designed and is capable of 8K stabilized Hyperlapse time lapses, 4K 60fps video, and 64MP photos. You can now enjoy ultra-steady, shake-free footage during all your sports events.
#7. Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III
- 20MP live MOS sensor
- Portable, weather sealed design
- 121-point all-cross-type on-chip phase detection AF
Lastly, with a sturdy and durable camera made of weather-resistant material, the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III would be an excellent choice for all videographers. It features a 20-MP live MOS sensor and in-body 5-axis image stabilization. The Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III is not that heavy on your pocket and offers a dynamic ISO range along with high live-view resolution which makes it an ideal choice for recording sports events. A remarkable plus is that the camera allows more focal reach out of physically smaller lenses which means you can shoot from a greater distance without carrying rather heavy equipment along.
For those looking to record and live stream sports video, we recommend checking out our article on the 5 Best Cameras to Live Stream Youth Sports for in-depth reviews and comparisons of top-rated cameras that can help you capture the action and excitement of sports events.
Which One Did You Like The Best?
Sports cameras are made to record eye-popping sports events and all the teeny details on the field. They are lightweight, rugged, waterproof, shockproof, and durable. You can make use of different accessories to shoot at varied angles for achieving the best possible footage. The camera should be versatile and stocked with features for a joyful experience.
Our top choice is Fujifilm X-T4 for all professionals but if you are looking for a budget-friendly option then, GoPro Hero 11 serves the purpose well. Several cameras in varying price ranges are available in the market. You can choose the one that fits your pocket and choice the best.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best cameras for recording amazing videos 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 5 BEST 4k Point and Shoot Cameras under $500 (Guide 2022)
- 8 BEST (Affordable) Camera Straps for Hiking
- 7 BEST (Affordable) Point and Shoot Film Cameras in 2022
- 7 Best Point and Shoot Cameras Under $300 (Beginner’s Guide)