A point and shoot film camera refer to a camera that doesn’t need you to fuss about complicated settings and is super easy to fit in your pocket. So, you can it around with you everywhere. How to find the best one? Most point-and-shoot cameras come with a built-in flash for shooting when it’s dark. All in all, such a camera is a full package that lets you conveniently shoot without much fuss about anything.
However, with so many point-and-shoot cameras available on the market, choosing the right one for you can be a challenge. That’s where this article aims to help you out. In this post, you’ll discover some of the best and the most affordable point-and-shoot cameras in 2023.
So, let’s get started!
7 BEST (Affordable) Point and Shoot Cameras
Here are the seven best point-and-shoot cameras:
#1. Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera
- 8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer helps you capture images with...
- 20.0 Megapixel CCD sensor combines with the DIGIC 4 plus Image Processor to help...
- 720p HD video capabilities. Focusing range: Normal: 2.0 inch - infinity (W), 4.3 feet...
The Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 Digital Camera is a highly reliable and affordable point-and-shoot camera that’s ideal for beginners. Featuring a 20MP lens, this camera offers a wonderful 8x optical zoom. When left on Auto, the camera limits itself to the maximum light sensitivity of ISO 800.
Overall, this compact camera is super-easy to use, and if you simply want the cheap and best point-and-shoot camera, this is the one for you. However, if you’re looking to record videos with this camera, kindly note that you won’t get Full HD quality.
#2. Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera
- MP Super HAD CCD sensor for beautifully detailed images. Blink Detection
- Sony Lens w/ 5x Optical Zoom and 360 sweep panorama
- Reduced blur with SteadyShot Image stabilization.Recording Format:Still Images: JPEG...
Another compact and handy point-and-shoot camera by Sony, the Sony DSCW800 is a superb option that features a wonderful 20.1MP lens for an enhanced shooting experience. With a 5x zoom range, this slim and stylish camera is super-affordable too. What’s more, with SteadyShot Image stabilization, you can be sure of blur-free shots.
However, when it comes to shooting videos, the best this camera will give you is a 720p resolution. Another thing that isn’t particularly impressive is the burst mode is somewhat slow.
#3. Olympus Tough TG-6 Waterproof Camera
- Water proof (50 feet /15 meter), dust proof, shock proof (7 feet / 2.1 meter), crush...
- High resolution F2.0 lens, maximum 8x zoom, true pic VIII, back illuminated CMOS...
- Variable macro system comprised of 4 macro shooting modes, magnified shooting up to 1...
Want to take your point-and-shoot camera underwater? Then this camera – the Olympus Tough TG-6 is exactly what you need. Featuring a 12MP sensor, this tough and rugged camera is capable of shooting some high-quality images and can shoot 4K video. Waterproof to 15m, the Olympus Tough TG-6 is also dustproof, crushproof to 100 kgf, and freezeproof to -10℃.
Another thing that makes this camera a really good choice is the fact that it can shoot in multiple modes like Macro and Microscope modes in clear water. It is also capable of capturing RAW stills and shooting videos at up to 20fps. Overall, this one is a superb point-and-shoot travel camera.
#4. Fujifilm FinePix XP140 Waterproof Digital Camera
- ISO 100-12800, allowing for lots of light and extremely fast shutter speed
- Waterproof to 82 ft., shockproof up to 5.9 ft, freeze proof to 14º F and dustproof
- Smile Shutter - The new feature automatically takes the photo. When you select...
The super durable and rugged Fujifilm FinePix XP140 is a digital point-and-shoot camera that’s ‘everything-proof’. It is waterproof down to 25m/82ft, shockproof: 1.8m/5.9ft, and freezeproof: -10ºC/14ºF. Therefore, this camera can pretty much handle anything you throw at it. The camera always delivers high-quality images in all lighting conditions. It’s capable of shooting UHD 4K.
To top it all off, the Fujifilm FinePix XP140 is incredibly easy to operate. Even those who aren’t particularly tech-savvy can easily capture some wonderful images. The only downside to this camera is that there’s no manual/RAW shooting. Otherwise, it’s a great camera and a good buy.
#5. Nikon Coolpix W300
- Waterproof, freeze proof, shockproof and dustproof adventure camera with extra...
- Stunning high resolution photos, 4K Ultra HD videos, Time-lapse videos, Super lapse...
- 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens with telephoto power and Hybrid VR image stabilization;...
This one is the all-rounder point-and-shoot camera. Yes, the Nikon Coolpix W300 has it all – it features a huge zoom, offers excellent image quality with a 14MP sensor, and can shoot 4K videos & fast burst shots. This camera can be used by all – beginners as well as intermediate users. Waterproof to 30 meters, the Nikon Coolpix W300 is great for thrill-seekers and action-hounds. This tough camera is designed for the extremes. In addition to being waterproof, it is also freeze-proof, shockproof, and dustproof.
Therefore, wherever your adventures lead you, whether it’s surfing, skiing, scuba diving, biking, or climbing, the Nikon Coolpix W300 is your perfect companion.
#6. Panasonic LUMIX LX10 4K Digital Camera
- POINT-AND-SHOOT CAMERA: Large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor plus 3X zoom LEICA...
- TILTING SELFIE DISPLAY: Rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) tilts...
- 4K VIDEO CAPTURE: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160), plus exclusive...
Featuring a large, 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor with 3X zoom, the Panasonic LUMIX LX10 delivers bright and colorful photos and 4K videos at up to 30fps. Its rear touch-enabled 3-inch LCD display (1040K dots) tilts upward 180 degrees to let you capture selfie photos conveniently. This camera also features a manual lens-mounted control ring that brings DSLR-like exposure control to a compact point-and-shoot camera body.
Another particularly useful thing in this camera is the addition of convenient travel-ready technologies like USB charging and Wi-Fi connectivity to your mobile device. All this makes the make the LUMIX LX10 a digital camera that everyone can enjoy.
#7. Canon PowerShot SX740 HS Digital Camera
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer and Zoom Framing Assist
- 4K Video and 4K Time-lapse Movie. Focusing Range- Auto- 0.4 in. (1cm) - infinity (W),...
- Built-in Wi-Fi* and Bluetooth** Technology
Boasting a 20.3MP CMOS sensor and 40x optical zoom, the Canon PowerShot SX740 HS is a digital camera that can capture everything – near or far. Its incredible zoom capabilities in such a compact body make it a highly attractive option. This camera also has an LCD screen that can be flipped to face the front for capturing perfect selfies.
And, when it comes to videos, it can film in 4K and burst shots at 10fps. The Canon PowerShot SX740 HS offers pretty good image quality and autofocus performance. Overall, it’s an excellent camera for the price.
If you’re a disposable film camera user, gain insights on its photo capacity and some handy shooting advice by reading our article: How Many Pictures Can A Disposable Camera REALLY Take?
Which Point-and-Shoot Camera Do You Prefer?
All point-and-shoot cameras that I’ve mentioned in the list above are great products, each having its own strengths and weaknesses. So, weigh each one of them according to your own needs and preferences to judge which one would be the best choice for you.
For example, if you’re a beginner and want a cheap & simple point-and-shoot camera, then the Canon PowerShot ELPH is a good option for you. But, if you want a tough, waterproof point-and-shoot camera for shooting your adventures, then the Olympus Tough TG-6 is the camera you should go for. So, choose accordingly.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best and the most affordable point-and-shoot cameras. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!