Navigating the world of low-light photography can be a bit daunting, but with the right guidance, you’ll find the best mirrorless camera to suit your needs.
Consider key factors like sensor size – the bigger, the better for capturing more light.
Also, look for high ISO settings, robust image stabilization, sharp autofocus, and of course, a camera that’s easy to carry around.
In this article, you’ll learn some of the best low-light mirrorless cameras on the market today, helping you make an informed decision.
7 BEST Low Light Mirrorless Cameras
Below mentioned are some of the best finds of low-light, mirrorless cameras:
- Putting Stability in Your Hands: A huge part of creating great photos or videos is...
- Performance You Can Rely On: For any serious image maker, having a tool that can be...
- Find the Best Angle for Your Story: When chasing the perfect image, versatility is...
If you are a professional and are looking for a good low-light camera then, the Fujifilm X-T4 is an excellent choice. It comes with an APS-C body, offering IBIS, unrivaled low-light focusing, plus a nice EVF. The X-T4 is known for shooting high-quality, stable images due to the brilliant 5-axis image stabilization system. The camera is capable of recording both professional-level DCI 4K/60p and Full HD/240p super slow-motion video. You can now get all the more creative when comes to low-light photography with the amazing features and superb battery life.
- World’s fastest AF at 0 02 sec with real-time AF and Object tracking
- 24 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor with front end LSI and ISO up to 102 400
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
The Sony a6600 is an all-around camera, best for those who love to capture views on the go. Offering good ISO capabilities and excellent image stabilization, a6600 is one of the best low-light mirrorless cameras available in the market today. It is compact, powerful, and offers 11 fps continuous shooting speed. You can easily carry it anywhere and everywhere. Sony is known for its high quality and performance and the a6600 is a perfect choice for all travelers or street photographers to obtain the best results during dusk.
Canon EOS R6
- High Image Quality featuring a New 20 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor.
- DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-102400; Expandable to 204800.
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20...
Another amazing choice for low-light photography is the Canon EOS R6. Featuring outstanding autofocus and 20fps continuous shooting speed, the EOS R6 is a fine choice for recording 4K/60p videos. It offers excellent high-ISO performance and amazing image stabilization. This camera is loaded with interesting features and comes with a dual card slot. With blazing autofocus, you can shoot down to -6.5 EV for unbelievable low-light photography.
Sony a7S III
- 12.1MP1 Exmor R sensor, optimized for 4K, sensitivity and speed.Bluetooth : version...
- New BIONZ XR processing engine delivers 8x more processing power2
- Low noise images with ISO up to 409,6003 and 15 plus stop dynamic range4
Next up, is another option by Sony that is the Sony a7S III. It is a must-have camera for all videographers who wish to experience a different world of low-light videography. It offers unmatched high-ISO performance and you can record 4K/120p pro-level videos. Though it is a bit pricey but with superb image quality, excellent video capabilities, and unmatched low-light autofocus, it is worth the price. What adds a cherry to the cake is the superb electronic viewfinder. With 9.4M-dots of resolution, low-light photography & videography have never been so much fun.
- Compact, lightweight and durably constructed mirrorless camera
- First DX-format mirrorless camera to use a large 55 millimeter lens mount, offering...
- 20.9 MP sensor with robust 4K UHD video features
If you are looking for a low-light, mirrorless camera in a budgeted range then, the Nikon Z50 would fit the purpose well. Featuring a 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor and a robust EXPEED 6 motor, the Z50 allows you to shoot some awestruck videos and photos of the surroundings even in low-light conditions. The camera comes with awesome image stability, eye-tracking AF, and mood-setting filters & effects. You can now record 4k UHD and Full HD videos at affordable prices, getting the best low-light results.
More Nikon Z cameras in the following article: How to Choose the Best Nikon Camera for Filmmaking.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
- 20 MP Live MOS Sensor
- Always-on connection and background connection via Bluetooth & OI Share Smartphone...
- Flip-down monitor and dedicated selfie mode. Selfie mode automatically turns on when...
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV is another pocket-friendly option offering 4K UHD 30p and HD at 120p high-speed recording, 5-Axis in-body image stabilization, and contrast-detect AF with 121-point. It is a perfect choice for entry-level shooters to experiment with their creativity in low-light conditions. It features a 16-MP Live MOS Sensor and a Dual Quad-Core TruePic VIII Image Processor for some high-quality, stable images and you can easily record some wonderful 4K videos. An eyecatcher for all those who do not wish to spend too much on a mirrorless camera for their next low-light project.
Panasonic Lumix S5
- A LIGHTWEIGHT, POWERFUL HYBRID CAMERA FOR VIBRANT STILL PHOTOGRAPHY AND CINEMATIC...
- DETAILED PHOTO AND VIDEO THAT WILL DELIGHT ENTHUSIASTS AND EXPERTS ALIKE: Capture...
- IMPROVED, HIGH-PRECISION AUTOFOCUS AND POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Improved...
Lastly, a wonderful full-frame mirrorless camera by Panasonic offering 24.2MP resolution, a 3-inch articulating touchscreen, and 7fps continuous shooting speed is the Panasonic Lumix S5. The camera comes with a solid ISO range, advanced autofocus, and a 5-axis in-body stabilization system. With a full-frame CMOS sensor and an astonishing electronic viewfinder, it is a perfect choice for low-light photography. This camera allows you to shoot at a 6.5-stop slower shutter speed and has great video capture and burst mode making it a total delight for all photographers and videographers.
Which One Did You Like The Best?
Coping up with the low-light conditions is a common problem that all photographers face. With the amazing cameras loaded with brilliant features these days, it has become easier to shoot some awesome stuff in dark conditions as well.
Depending on your skill level and budget, a huge range of choices is available for you to pick from. Capturing a good sunset or shooting under the night skies has become easier. The Sony a6600 is a great choice for all professionals. If you are looking for a more pocket-friendly option then, the Nikon Z50 is the perfect fit for you.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best low-light mirrorless cameras 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- GoPro Low Light: Best Settings For Night + Steps to Fix Noise
- 8 GoPro LED Lights & Accessories for Better Low Light Shots
- 5 BEST 4k Point and Shoot Cameras under $500
- 8 BEST (Affordable) Camera Straps for Hiking
- 7 BEST (Affordable) Point and Shoot Film Cameras
- 7 Best Point and Shoot Cameras Under $300 (Beginner’s Guide)