There’s no denying the huge popularity of Fujifilm X mount mirrorless cameras. These high-performance APS-C mirrorless cameras have become the first choice of many professional photographers as well as amateurs, thanks to their well-established lineup of Fujifilm X mount lenses. Owing to this appeal of the Fujifilm X Mount cameras, the demand for the best Fuji lenses is also pretty good.
In this post, we’ll look at the top video lens options for your Fujifilm X mount camera.
7 Top Video Lenses for Fujifilm X Mount
Here are the top seven video lenses for the Fujifilm X mount camera available on the market:
#1. Fujifilm XF23mmF2 R WR
- Advanced image quality - ten elements in six groups, including two aspherical...
- Angle of view: 63.4°.At just 180g, the XF23mmF2 R WR is compact, lightweight, and...
- Weather and dust resistant, capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10...
Our top pick Fuji lens, the 23mm f/2 WR is that elusive 35mm focal length lens that’s available on a budget. The ‘WR’ in the name of the 23mm f/2 WR stands for ‘weather-resistant’. True to the word, this lens shows amazing weather resistance and has an incredible build quality. Weighing just 180 grams, this little lens is one of the lightest in the Fuji lens range. It’s so compact that you could keep it in your jacket pocket all day and not even notice that it’s there.
Another thing where this lens excels is its amazing image quality and autofocus. Fuji claims the lens can focus in 0.05 seconds. When testing, I realized that in good light, the focus speed is even faster than the 23mm f/1.4, which is pretty great! Overall, this one is a wonderful Fuji lens that won’t cost you much.
#2. Fujinon XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR
- Optically designed to draw out the maximum image quality of a flagship standard zoom...
- Focal length(35mm format equivalent) f=16-55mm (24-84mm) Focus range Normal - 0 6m...
- High-speed, quiet auto focus thanks to the Linear Motor Weight, excluding caps and...
A midrange zoom lens with a focal length equivalent to 24-84mm and a constant f/2.8 aperture, the Fujinon 16-55mm f/2.8 lens is another great, weather-resistant Fuji lens that offers amazing optics and razor-sharpness. If you’re ready to spend that much, I can easily say that this is the best midrange zoom lens that Fujifilm produces.
This lens is favored by many professional photographers due to its versatility. Its metal build makes it highly robust. However, it also adds up to its weight. The lens is much heavier than the Fujifilm camera itself. So, this lens is a great buy if you don’t mind the extra weight and the high price that it comes for.
#3. Fujifilm XF55-200mmF3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
- 55 200mm focal length, Minimum focus distance 1.10m/43.41 inch
- 83 300mm equivalent focal length on APS C cameras
- F3.5 4.8 maximum aperture; F22 minimum, Stepper type AF motor
The Fujifilm 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens is a portable telephoto lens that offers remarkable image quality right across its wide zoom range. It offers a silent and fast focus, perfectly complementing the Fujifilm X mount mirrorless camera. With this lens, you get inbuilt image stabilization by letting you use slow shutter speeds to prevent camera shake even when you’re holding it in low light situations. So, you can easily shoot 4 or 5 stops slower than usual with a long-range zoom lens and still have a sharp photo!
Note that the 55-200mm focal length, when used on a Fuji X mount camera with a 1.52x crop factor shows the same angle of view as an 80-300mm lens on a 35mm camera. So, you get medium to long-range zoom capabilities, making the 55-200mm f/3,5-4.8 an excellent choice for cropping tight on landscape shots.
#4. Fujifilm XF35mmF1.4 R
- Focal length (35mm format equivalent) f=35mm (53mm)
- 8 Elements in 6 Groups (Inc. 1 Asph. Element)
- Angle of view - 44.2 Degrees. Number of blades 7(rounded diaphragm opening)
Arguably the most popular lens in the Fuji X mount lens lineup, the Fujifilm 35mm f/1.4 R lens is capable of sharp image reproduction, especially when stopped down to f/5.6. Another great thing about this lens is its price. It is one of the more affordable options when buying a new Fuji mirrorless camera body.
The Fujifilm XF35mmF1.4 R lens is great for those who want silent operation combined with stealthy looks. This makes it hugely popular with street photographers or documentary wedding photographers who wish to capture moments candidly. What’s more, it has hundreds of 5-star reviews on Amazon, which makes it a highly desirable buy among photographers.
#5. Fujifilm XF16mmF1.4 R WR
- 24mm in 35mm format equivalentTo adjust focus, rotate the focus ring while viewing...
- Angle of view: 83.2°.Minimum working distance of less than 6 inches, Max...
- Weather-resistant design with 9 sealing points in 8 areas
A great Fuji wide-angle lens, the Fuji 16mm f/1.4 lens is usually used in conjunction with a longer lens. It offers incredibly little distortion for a wide-angle lens. In addition, you can even shoot some amazing portraits with this lens. Built with high-quality metal materials, it is highly durable, and therefore, weighs more than its Nikon or Canon counterparts, for example.
Please note that, as with all wide-angle lenses, you need your subject to be relatively close to the camera when using the Fuji 16mm f/1.4 lens. This helps you to separate the subject from the background.
#6. Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
- 35mm equivalent F1.4 lens, Fully compatible with FUJIFILM X-Mount
- Focus range : Normal- 0.6m - ∞, Macro : 28cm - ∞, Focal length: f=23mm ,Max....
- Seven round-edged aperture blades, which offer 22 stops in 1/3 EV steps
The Fujifilm 23mm f/1.4 R lens is a super-sharp lens that focuses accurately and near instantaneously. It offers beautiful bokeh when shot wide open at f/1.4. With this lens, you get an awesome view of the sun and stars when stopped down to smaller apertures. What’s incredible is that, despite being a 23mm lens, there’s no distortion in the image shot using this lens. That’s why many photojournalists and street photographers often have this lens attached to their Fujifilm X Mount camera.
So, if you’re looking for one of the best Fujifilm lenses with a fixed focal length, then the 23mm f/1.4 is definitely a wonderful option out there. It’s simply an incredible lens that has a very useful focal length.
#7. Fujifilm XF90mmF2 R LM WR
- 137mm (35mm Eq) and angle of view is 17.9 degree,focus range is 0.6m - ∞
- 11 elements in 8 groups, including three ED (extra low-dispersion) elements, which...
- High-speed autofocus as fast as 0.14sec* (Complies with CIPA guidelines) thanks to a...
Last but not least, the Fujifilm 90mm f/2 lens is the best Fuji lens for portrait photography with the Fuji X mount. It delivers ultra-sharp results with no distortion whatsoever. This excellent portraiture lens is also used widely for astronomy photography owing to its focal length and fast aperture.
As with other Fuji lenses, this one is also built solidly. Its weather and dust-resistant sealing allows usage to temperatures as low as -10 degrees. The best part of having this lens is that it’s super compact and lightweight. It has a huge number of 5-star reviews on Amazon, which shows that it’s indeed an appealing option for photographers everywhere.
Have you tried Helios lenses yet? If not check what are the 5 best Helios Lenses for vintage tasting shots.
What Lens Suits Your Needs?
So, use the above-mentioned lenses with the Fujifilm X Mount camera as per your own requirements. For example, if you want an affordable, lightweight, and weather-resistant lens that captures some awesome scenes, then our top pick – the Fujifilm XF23mmF2 R WR is the best option for you.
However, if you want a lens that offers ultra-sharp results for portrait photography, the Fujifilm XF90mmF2 R LM WR should be your go-to lens option. So, choose accordingly!
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you get all the information about the top video lens options for your Fujifilm X mount camera. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- BEST Mirrorless Camera UNDER $500
- 10 Useful Fujifilm x100v Accessories
- 5 Best Manfrotto Tripods with Head
- 7 BEST Low Light Mirrorless Cameras
- 5 Best Film Cameras for Street Photography