Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned drone pilot, a drone landing pad is a highly useful accessory. A good drone landing pad ensures that your drone lands on or takes off from a stable surface. Therefore, it’s highly recommended that you use a landing pad to protect your drone from potential crashes, sand, debris, etc. It also helps prolong your drone’s life by saving you from unnecessary trouble.
Now, you must be wondering how to choose the right drone landing pad? Well, this article has got you covered. Here, you’ll learn about some of the best drone landing pads that you can buy in 2021.
5 Best Drone Landing Pads
Here are the five best drone landing pads that you can buy:
#1. Hoodman HDLP3 Drone Landing Pad | Overall Best Drone Landing Pad
- Easy set up springs into shape when released from 13 inch carry bag
- 3.2 pound zinc coated perimeter cable keeps drone launch pad in place without stakes
- Keeps your camera lens clean during launch and landing
The Hoodman HDLP3 is our top pick when it comes to landing pads, simply because of its superior quality & durability. It has a perfect weight that is heavy enough to enable it to be placed without using stakes. You’ll be impressed by the fact that it doesn’t blow away when your drone is taking off or landing.
This landing pad by Hoodman is a must-have for aerial photographers as it ensures that the camera and motors of your drone work to their full potential. It also eliminates the worry of dirt or debris blowing onto your drone. Another great feature of this landing pad is its highly visible color which lets others know where the drone would be taking off or landing so that they maintain a safe distance from it.
#2. PGYTECH Landing Pad Pro | Best For Medium & Small Drones
- 【High Quality PU Material】The landing pad pro is made of PU double-sided...
- 【Highlights】Using for outdoor flight with special terrain, it can prevent...
- 【Fashionable design】Highlights the exact location of the landing pad....
At 20×20 inches, the PGYTECH Landing Pad Pro is a perfect fit for most medium and small drones like the DJI Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Mini. This durable two-color landing pad is made with high-quality materials. It’s waterproof, sunproof, and resistant to fading. This landing pad can withstand even extreme weather conditions.
The PGYTECH Landing Pad Pro is capable of folding into sixths, literally the size of a small notebook, so it can easily fit in the included carry sack. The weight is also perfect to enable it to stay in place without the need for nailing or stakes, which saves your time and effort. Please note that since this landing pad is small-sized, it isn’t suitable for the bigger drones like the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
#3. KINBON Drone Landing Pad | Best Choice in Budget Price
- 【Waterproof Premium Material】Made of high quality waterproof Nylon material with...
- 【Universal Drone Landing Pad】The 30" universal drone landing pad with double...
- 【8 Reflective Straps & 3 Land Nails】 With rich accessories：1* landing pad +...
The KINBON Drone Landing Pad is a great accessory for your drone that’s popular for its lightweight build and affordable price. At 30 inches, it is just the right size for most drones, be it RC drones, helicopters, and other similar-sized or smaller drones. This landing pad features eight reflective straps for night flying. Also included in the package are – a carry bag, and a kit that allows it to fold down for carrying around and storage.
Please note that since this landing pad is lightweight, you need to fix stakes on the ground during takeoff or landing, especially on windy days. That’s a bit of a disadvantage though, as you’ll have to install and uninstall every time. Also, the stakes can’t be used on asphalt or concrete land. But, what comes in its favor is the highly reasonable price of this landing pad. Overall, a great buy if you’re on a budget.
#4. STARTRC Drone Landing Pad | High-Quality Landing Pad in Budget
- 【Universal Drone Landing Pad】:20" Foldable drone landing pad can provide the best...
- 【Blue & Orange Design】:Double-sided color design. Better get position than black;...
- 【Function & Portable】:20’’ x 20" (50x50cm) size, easy to fold allows you to...
If you’re looking for a high-quality drone landing pad that comes at a budget price, then the STARTRC Drone Landing Pad is a wonderful choice. This 20-inch landing pad is double-sided and can fit most RC drones, mini and nano quadcopters.
The STARTRC Landing Pad is waterproof, lightweight, and stays in the ground with four included plastic spikes. It does a great job of keeping grass, dirt, and gravel off your drone. This landing pad can fold in half. It easily fits in any carry bag and is resistant to fading in the sun.
#5. Fstop Labs 36-inch Drone Landing Pad | Drone Pad for Best Visibility
- Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Air Pro Platinum Alpine accessories, compatible with...
- Premium quality nylon drone landing pad. With waterproof nylon material with High...
- Double Side Double Color design: Dual side usable, easy to clean black side for...
Made with weather-resistant nylon, this high-contrast landing pad by Fstop Labs is a great accessory if you want something for the best visibility for safe and exact take-off and landing of your drone. This two-sided landing pad is extremely lightweight yet durable at the same time. The black side is for good visibility during the daytime and the reflective orange side is good for night flights.
What’s more, with this landing pad by Fstop Labs, you also get a carry bag, four stakes, and reflective strip prints in the package.
Wrap Up: Which Landing Pad Should You Go For?
Out of the five landing pads that I’ve reviewed above, if you want to choose one, the best choice would be the Hoodman HDLP3 Landing Pad. Although it’s a little expensive, it’s worth spending a little bit more for better protection of your drone.
Other than that, if you want a high-quality landing pad for your medium/small drone, the PGYTECH Landing Pad Pro is a great choice. It isn’t that expensive but is nop-notch quality-wise.
Thanks for reading! ?
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best drone landing pads for safe take-off and landing 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends ?
- 7 Cheapest Drones for GoPro [2021 Review]
- 7 Best Drones for GoPro: Full Review & Specs Comparison
- GoPro Karma Drone: Should You Buy It in 2021?
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Full Comparison & Review
- 7 Best SD Card for DJI Osmo in 2021