Videography or Filmmaking is not simply shooting with the highest pixel count but it is an art to convey a story and emotion behind it. There are several good DSLR cameras with high-end features available in the market today. But, if you are on a tight budget or do not wish to spend a fortune on the camera then, there are some amazing options at modest prices as well. In this article, you will come across some of the best DSLR cameras (4k) available for under 1000 dollars.
11 Best DSLR (4k) Cameras Under 1000 dollars [Filmmaker’s Opinion]
For all photography enthusiasts, if you’re particularly interested in DSLRs for your next adventure or trip then, below mentioned are some super cool options for you. One they all are not that heavy on pocket ( under $1000 ) and two, they are loaded with features that will make your filmmaking experience all the more fun.
#1. Panasonic LUMIX G85
- Fine Detail Performance: 16 megapixel micro four thirds sensor with no low pass...
- Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Camera: With 12 60 millimeter lens, Shoot lighter and...
- Class Leading Dual Image Stabilization: In body 5 axis dual image stabilization works...
The Panasonic LUMIX G85 is a brilliant option for shooting 4k videos @ 30fps and 1080p @ 60fps. With excellent built-in image stabilization and a fully rotatable LCD touchscreen, it not only helps in capturing stable footage but also, gives you a chance to preview the videos as you record. The camera is easy to use and comes with some amazing filmmaking features.
#2. Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV
- 20 MP Live MOS Sensor
- Always-on connection and background connection via Bluetooth & OI Share Smartphone...
- Flip-down monitor and dedicated Selfie mode. Selfie mode automatically turns on when...
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark IV features a 20 MP Live MOS Sensor. It is capable of shooting high-quality 4K videos even in low light conditions. With an in-body 5-Axis Image Stabilization and 16 Art Filters, this camera proves to be a total delight for all filmmakers. This slim and stylish camera has a built-in flash and in-camera USB charging. A perfect pick for all vloggers.
#3. Nikon D3400
- SnapBridge Bluetooth Connectivity
- 24.2MP DX Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor.Magnification Approx; 0.85 x (50 millimeter f/1.4 lens at...
Available at a strikingly pocket-friendly price, the Nikon D3400 is designed exclusively for recording 4K documentaries. You can shoot some amazing time-lapse videos and with the six exciting Picture Controls, you can enhance the output as per your needs, making it look more appealing. It is packed with multiple features and provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity as well.
#4. Canon EOS Rebel T8i EF-S
- 24 1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor with is 100–6400 (H: 12800)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology
- 9-Point AF system and AI Servo AF
Bringing you next is another eyecatching model by Canon, the Canon EOS Rebel T8i EF-S with a 24 1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and 18-55 mm focal length. The camera features a 9-Point AF system and has built-in Wi-Fi and NFC technology. It is used to record high-quality 4k videos ensuring good stability. This camera is one of the most liked choices by users on Amazon.
#5. Canon EOS 90D
- High image quality with 32.5 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor
- High-speed continuous shooting of up to 10 fps with no time Lag during off shooting
- 4K UHD 30P/ Full HD 120P video
For all DSLR lovers, this one is a total treat. The Canon EOS 90D gives competition to all other DSLR models under 1000. It is one of the best-budgeted DSLRs for filmmaking giving cinematic output. You can record brilliant 4k videos @ 60fps from almost any angle using the camera’s Vari-Angle touchscreen. The camera ensures easy connectivity with built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. It has tons of amazing features which makes it one of the finest DSLRs under 1000.
#6. Nikon D7500
- Class leading image quality, ISO range, image processing and metering equivalent to...
- Large 3.2” 922k dot, tilting Lcd screen with touch functionality. Temperature: 0...
- 51 point AF system with 15 cross type sensors and group area AF paired with up to 8...
Nikon is a great brand when comes to DSLRs in a modest range. The Nikon D7500 offers a good balance of capturing quality images and 4k videos. This black-colored, stylish camera proves to be a decent DSLR at an affordable price. It is durable and features a high-quality 20.9 MP sensor and an EXPEED 5 image processor. Along with a tilting touchscreen and Wifi plus Bluetooth connectivity, it provides good battery life as well.
#7. Canon EOS M50 Mark II
- 24.1 megapixel (aps-c) cmos sensor with iso 100-25600 (h: 51200).
- Digic 8 image processor with auto lighting optimizer.
- Improved dual pixel cmos af and eye detection af (still/movie servo af support).
Another awesome DSLR camera by canon for recording high-quality 4K videos and slow-motion effects is the Canon EOS M50 Mark II. It comes with a 24.1 MP sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 8 image processor offering high image quality and stable footage. The compact design makes it easy to carry on all your projects and adventures. Filmmaking is all the more fun with the multi-angle touchscreen for live previews.
#8. Nikon D500
- 20.9MP DX format CMOS sensor. Viewfinder: Eye level pentaprism single lens reflex...
- Expeed 5 image processor; Monitor size: 3.2 inches diagonal
- 3.2 inches 2,539k dot tilting touchscreen LCD
Nikon is loved by one and all when we talk about quality along with good performance. Yet another DSLR available at a reasonable price is the Nikon D500. It comes with a 20.9MP DX-format CMOS sensor and Expeed 5 image processor. The 3.2 inches tilting touchscreen LCD support recording stable 4k UHD videos @ 30fps. The camera supports 10 fps continuous shooting for up to 200 frames.
#9. Pentax K-70
- 24.24 effective megapixel, APS C AA filter less CMOS sensor, with ISO from 100 204800
- Dustproof and weather resistant with In body “SR” shake reduction mechanism
- Vary angle LCD monitor with Night vision red light LCD display
Pentax is a Japanese brand and makes amazing DSLRs, also available at modest prices. One of them is the Pentax K-70. The body is designed with high-end material which makes it dustproof and weather resistant. You can shoot stunning 4k videos from different angles owing to its vari-angle LCD which by the way comes with a night vision red light LCD. It also has built-in Wifi for easy connectivity.
#10. Canon EOS Rebel SL3
- Lightest, smallest EOS DSLR camera*.
- High image quality with 24. 1 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor.
- Fast and accurate dual Pixel CMOS AF with eye detection AF.
One of the best DSLR cameras that you will find in the market for under 1000 dollars is the Canon EOS Rebel SL3. Its 24.1MP APS-C sensor and Dual Pixel CMOS focusing are just brilliant. The SL3 is a lightweight camera providing excellent image and 4k video quality. This camera offers superb live view monitoring. Overall, it is a great choice.
#11. Pentax KP
- 24.3 effective Megapixel APS C AA filter less CMOS sensor with Iso 819200 and pixel...
- 5 Axis shake reduction system
- Pixel shift resolution technology; Uses shake reduction to move the image sensor in...
Lastly, giving a tough battle to all high-end DSLR brands like Canon and Nikon is the Pentax KP. It is one of the best DSLRs under 1000 due to its impressive low light performance and best CMOS sensor ensuring pristine image quality. Along with built-in WiFi and GPS, it has a 5 Axis shake reduction system. The body is made of strong and durable material and hence, you can use it with ease on your outdoor shoots.
What DSLR Camera Under 1000 dollars is The Best?
All the above-mentioned brands like Canon, Nikon, and others are known for their quality and performance. Choosing a good DSLR at such affordable prices has become easier these days. With so many options on the table, depending on your preferences, you can make your choice. Canon EOS M50 Mark II or Panasonic Lumix G85 are fine options for producing set-piece films.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best DSLR cameras (4k) under 1000 dollars (filmmaker’s opinion).
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!