Looking for the best-vlogging setup as a beginner? This article is for you.
In this post, you’ll learn about some of the best vlogging setups for beginners that are affordable and easy to use.
6 Best Vlogging Setups for Beginners
Here are the five best vlogging setups for beginners:
#1. GoPro HERO 12 Black Creator Edition | Our Top Pick!
The GoPro Hero 12 Creator Edition is a comprehensive package meticulously designed for vloggers aiming to capture high-quality content, offering a plethora of features that make it the optimal choice for creating vlogs:
All-in-One Creative Solution:
– Comprehensive Kit: Includes HERO12 Black, Volta, Media Mod, and Light Mod, allowing for versatile content creation right out of the box.
– Portable Design: Lightweight and compact, making it a convenient companion for all-day productions.
Extended Battery Life:
– The combination of HERO12 Black’s advanced Enduro battery and the Volta grip provides over 5 hours of continuous 4K30 recording.
– 6620mAh of total power ensures you don’t miss any moments throughout the day.
Exceptional Image Quality:
– 5.3K Video: 91% more resolution than 4K, capturing action with unparalleled detail and cinematic quality.
– High Dynamic Range (HDR): Offers dynamic footage with true-to-life color and precision in both videos and photos.
Versatility and Convenience:
– Variety of Mounts & Accessories: Includes a carrying case, curved adhesive mount, mounting buckle, and more, facilitating a range of shooting scenarios.
– GoPro Quik App Compatibility: Allows extraction of stunning up to 24.7MP photos from videos effortlessly.
Robust & Practical Design:
– Weather-Resistant: Ideal for outdoor shoots, whether you are skiing, snowboarding, or capturing other winter shots.
– Convenient Controls: Integrated camera buttons and wireless control turn Volta into a remote control for your camera when mounted.
#2. GoPro HERO 11 with Media Mod + Light Mod + GoPro 3-Way 2.0
GoPro Hero 11 Black
This is one of the best vlogging setups that you can currently have. The GoPro Hero 11 Black is one of the most advanced action camera by the company.
To know why GoPro Hero 11 is good for vlogging click this link.
GoPro Media Mod (For Hero 11 Black)
- Built-in directional mic highlights voice audio and reduces ambient noise
- Tough, weather-resistant construction withstands the elements
- 2 cold-shoe mounts to attach your favorite lights, mics or LCD screens
Add the GoPro Media Mod to it – and you now have a vlogging powerhouse! The media mod is, basically, a cage-like accessory that clips around your Hero 11 and lets you shoot some amazing vlogs with crystal clear voice and footage. It features a built-in directional mic for enhanced clarity in the audio and reduced wind and ambient noise.
GoPro Light Mod
- 4 levels of brightness—up to 200 lumens—for crisp detail
- Built tough and waterproof to 33ft (10m)
- Built-in rechargeable battery with up to 6 hours of runtime
GoPro 3-Way 2.0
- 3-in-1 design switches from camera grip to tripod to extension arm
- Integrated ball joint lets you change your camera angle without having to reposition...
- Built-in tripod quickly folds out to provide a stable shooting platform for time...
Furthermore, this vlogging setup includes the GoPro 3-Way which, as the name suggests, features a 3-in-1 design that switches from a camera grip to a tripod to an extension arm. It’s another must-have for super stable vlogs – whether you’re shooting time-lapses, group photos, selfies, overhead shots, or follow-cam footage.
#3. DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo + Rode Wireless Go + Extension Rod
DJI Action 2 Dual Screen Combo
- Snap Into Your Environment - Action 2's innovative magnetic design allows you to...
- Action on the Go - The ultra-compact DJI Action 2 takes up next to no room in your...
- Footage That Speaks for Itself - Record stunningly smooth 4K/120fps  video with...
Action 2 is the DJI’s follow-up to the Osmo Action camera. It’s a great camera in all aspects that adopts a modular design to make it highly flexible and let you use the camera for creating some amazing vlogs. This DJI Action 2 dual-screen combo comes with a front touchscreen module that lets you watch yourself while you’re vlogging.
Rode Wireless Go – Compact Wireless Microphone
- Wireless Microphone System with Built-in Microphone
- Series III 2.4GHz Digital Transmission
- 128-bit Encryption - Black
Combine your Action 2 with the Rode Wireless Go microphone that’s often hailed as “the best lavalier microphone available”, and you’ll get crystal clear audio for your vlogs even if you’re away from the camera. Another plus point of this setup is that this microphone is wireless, which means that you’re free from those annoying, bulky wires.
DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod
- It integrates an extension rod, tripod, and removable remote control pad. Take a...
- In The Box: DJI Action 2 Remote Control Extension Rod × 1
- Compatibility: DJI Action 2
Last but not the least, adding the Remote Control Extension Rod for Action 2 to this setup would greatly expand your shooting possibilities. This 3-in-one accessory lets you take a group selfie, control Action 2 remotely, and capture highly stable vlogs.
#4. DJI Pocket 2 Creator Combo | Compact, Pocket Friendly
- MOTORIZED STABILIZATION: A 3-axis gimbal stabilizes the camera for smooth video on...
- HIGH IMAGE QUALITY: An upgraded 1/1.7-inch sensor captures images with 64MP photo and...
- ENHANCED AUDIO: Consisting of four microphones, DJI Matrix Stereo offers sound...
The DJI Pocket 2 is a superb 3-axis-gimbal system with an integrated camera that can record amazing 4K videos. The gimbal keeps the camera steady, even for long-exposure shots and in low-light environments. This creator combo is perfect for creating some wonderful vlogs using the DJI Pocket 2. It includes a nice external wireless mic, complete with a windshield so you get crisp audio even if you’re a bit away from the camera.
In addition, the combo also packs an ultra-wide-angle lens, tripod legs, and the DJI’s Do-It-All Handle – which sports a mic-in jack for third-party audio options to get even better sound quality for your vlogs. It integrates Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, the wireless microphone receiver, and a 1/4″ threaded port. It can be directly connected or installed with various other accessories for a better user experience.
#5. Your Smartphone + Movo Smartphone Vlogging Kit | Most Affordable Option
- SMARTPHONE VIDEO KIT: Perfect for vlogging, making movies, interviews and more. A...
- SMARTPHONE VIDEO RIG: Compatible with smartphones 2.2" to 3.6" wide including the...
- SMARTPHONE MICROPHONE: Professional quality stereo sound, X/Y stereo pickup pattern,...
This one is arguably the most affordable vlogging kit that you can buy, as it involves using your own smartphone rather than a camera. These days, many smartphones pack in quality front cameras. So, if you’re happy with the image quality offered by the front camera of your phone, you can definitely consider using the Movo Smartphone Vlogging Kit.
This Smartphone Video Kit is perfect for vlogging, making movies, interviews, and more. Compatible with smartphones 2.2″ to 3.6″ wide, this kit works with most smartphones, including all the latest iPhone models and Galaxy Note. It includes a microphone foam and furry windscreens for professional quality stereo sound. You also get bright lighting with 30 ultra-bright LEDs that are adjustable to 3 brightness levels to fit your situation. Lastly, the Bluetooth remote triggers your iPhone or Android Smartphone to start/stop videos and take selfies.
#6. Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera with Flip Screen & Built-in Microphone | Best Digicam Vlogging Setup
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1” Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM. Large aperture...
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus and Real Time Eye Autofocus and Real-time Autofocus tracking.
- Side flip-out 3.0” LCD screen that also tilts up and down for easier to compose...
Designed specifically for vloggers & content creators, the Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera features a selfie-friendly LCD screen, body grip, and a recording lamp. It lets you capture amazing videos of yourself and your world – without any tricky setup. The camera is super easy to set up.
The camera has a directional three-capsule mic to capture clear vocals even when shooting in a crowd. Plus, you also get a windscreen that reduces wind noise for worry-free outdoor shooting. The Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera can shoot immensely detailed 4K HDR video through 1.7x pixel resampling, so you can capture reality without any compromise. Its superb image stabilization suppresses shake even while walking or running. All in all, a great choice for shooting some amazing vlogs.
For high-quality vlogging, professional lighting plays a crucial role in improving the appearance and quality of your videos. It not only highlights your subject but also ensures that your viewers can see you clearly and easily, creating a polished and professional look. Professional lighting also helps to minimize shadows, reduce glare, and provide even and consistent illumination, which is particularly important when shooting in challenging lighting conditions.
Proper lighting can set the mood and tone of your videos, add visual interest, and convey a professional and polished image to your audience. In summary, investing in professional lighting equipment can significantly enhance the quality and impact of your vlogging content, making it more appealing to your audience and attracting more viewers. Check out our Top 10 LED Video Light by clicking this link.
And for additional camera options, be sure to take a look at our article on cameras for bloggers: 7 Top Cameras for Blogging Photography (A Beginner’s Guide).
Which Vlogging Setup is the Best?
All the vlogging setups mentioned above are highly convenient-to-use and setup. But, the best vlogging setup for you depends upon your own use case.
If you want to create some amazing vlogs of your action, like travel vlogs involving motorcycling, paragliding, rafting, surfing, and more, you should go for the first option – GoPro Hero 12 Creator kit is you best friend. Another great option would be GoPro HERO 11 with Media Mod + Light Mod + GoPro 3-Way 2.0.
For those who want general high-quality vlogs with superior voice clarity and high resolution, the Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera is a wonderful choice. However, if you have a good smartphone camera (both front and back) and want a vlogging setup at a budget price, the Movo Smartphone Vlogging Kit is the best setup for you.
If you’re also into blogging check out the following article: 7 Best Blogger Cameras.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about the best vlogging setups for beginners. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!