The Swellpro Waterproof Splash Drone 3 Drone, as its name suggests, is a fully waterproof drone that you can use for shooting your water adventures. Whether it’s fishing or surfing, this drone is perfect for shooting both aerial, as well as water shots.
In this article, you’ll learn everything about the Swellpro Splash Drone 3 – its features, specs, and my review after using it.
So, let’s dive in!
Swellpro Waterproof Splash Drone 3 – Specs
Here are the main specifications of the Swellpro Waterproof Splash Drone:
- Dimensions : 61 x 47 x 52 cm
- Weight : 2.38 kg
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 3 kg
- Payload Capacity: 1 kg
- Maximum Flight Altitude: 4000 meters
- Movement speed : 8m/s 11-16 knots
- Battery Capacity: 5200mAh
- Maximum Flight Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Waterproof: Yes, enhanced waterproofing throughout
- Camera Resolution: 4K Video at 25 FPS, 14MP Photos
- Gimbal: Yes, 3-axis Gimbal
Swellpro Splash Drone 3 – Features
Have a look at the image below to know about the features offered by the Swellpro Splash Drone 3, as described by the company. I’ve reviewed how well the drone performs with regard to all these mentioned features in the next section.
Swellpro Splash Drone 3 – Review
To begin, I’d say that after using the Swellpro Splash Drone 3, I feel that it’s a wonderful drone that encourages you to get close to the water rather than fearing it! The drone is fully corrosion-resistant so you can use it in both fresh and saltwater environments. It’s waterproof, which means that the drone can take off from the water and land on it conveniently, thanks to its surface buoyant design. The drone can even function underwater (down to 2 feet depth).
Here are the major highlights of the drone, along with how well it performs in each of these functions:
Waterproof 4K Gimballed Camera
All-in-One Remote Controller
With this drone, you get an all-in-one remote controller with a built-in 5-inch display. Therefore, you don’t need additional mobile devices to control it. The screen also provides you with an OSD of the essential flight data, including a low battery alert, so that you can bring your SplashDrone 3 back home safely.
The rugged Splash Drone 3 works exceptionally well even in inclement weather. It has got a MIL-STD 810 rating. It means that the drone can handle both rain and snow. The Splash Drone 3 features four powerful 620kV motors and carbon-fiber propellers which can withstand flights in heavy rain and winds of up to 18 mph.
Auto Flight Controller
The S3 flight controller that the Swellpro Splash Drone features, includes multiple sensors for greater sensitivity and accuracy during flight. It provides improved flight safety and stability. The Dual mode GPS brings this exceptional accuracy. In case of emergency, the SplashDrone 3 Auto’s flight controller has the ability to bring it home or notify you of where it has landed.
Autonomous Flight Modes
If you use the Swellpro FLY app on your smartphone/tablet, you can operate your drone using some wonderful autonomous flight modes for creative filmmaking. Here are the different modes that this drone supports:
– Follow Me: In this mode, the SplashDrone 3 will constantly follow you as you move.
– Tap to Fly: This mode lets you select a destination where you want the drone to go. Just tap on the destination on the map, and your Splash Drone 3 will navigate to the destination.
– Mission Planning: You can also select waypoints on a map so that the SplashDrone 3 executes the mission according to your selected route.
– Circling Flight: Use this mode if you want your drone to circle on any waypoint. You can also select a circling radius & number of circuits to perform.
– Smart Cruise: With the Smart Cruise mode (using the remote controller), you’ll be able to pan and fly the Splash Drone 3 with a single joystick for cinematic shots.
– Return Home: The Return Home feature on the app or the remote controller lets the Splash Drone 3 safely fly home without any input from the pilot.
The Splash Drone 3 comes with a number of safety features so that it takes off and lands safely. If there’s a signal loss or radio interference, the drone detects that it has lost the signal for some reason and, therefore, gently returns to the point where it took off from. Also, the Lost Drone Location Beacon feature lets you know the drone’s exact location in case you lose it or your drone is out of sight. You get the data even if the drone has a low battery.
Is Swellpro Splash Drone 3 For You?
Although this drone is great, there are a few things that I felt aren’t up to the mark. The first is its relatively short flight time of 15-20 minutes. The other things are minor, like its wire is visible, the fact that you cannot adjust the white balance in flight, and the initial trouble to connect the remote controller.
However, overall, this drone by Swellpro is a great, sturdy drone that can wonderfully withstand seawater. So, if you’re someone who likes their drone to fly over water, or if you just want a rugged drone for your boat, the Splash Drone 3 is definitely great for you!
For more waterproofs drone check out our list of 5 Best Waterproof Drones with Camera.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn all the important things about the Swellpro Splash Drone 3 – its features, specs, and how well it performs 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!