If you want to achieve professional-looking shots with the GoPro Hero 8 even during sunny days or in direct light situations, you need ND filters for your action camera. However, with so many brands selling Neutral Density (ND) filters, it may be hard to choose. So before buying any filter, have a look to this review where you’ll find 5 best ND filters for GoPro Hero 8.
Are you ready to take your GoPro footage to the next level?
What is an ND Filter?
A Neutral Density (ND) Filter allows you to have more control of the camera’s exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings. It reduces the amount of light coming into the sensor, thereby producing cinematic shots with better contrast and rich color. Without an ND filter, you may encounter some annoying photo/videography issues, like over-exposed shots during bright sunshine hours and your GoPro will have to use a high shutter speed value, which it might result in choppy footage.
Have a look at the image below:
Benefits of ND Filters
Here are some benefits of using Neutral Density Filters with your GoPro Hero 8:
- ND Filters let you adjust your GoPro shutter speeds even during day-time.
- ND Filters help in bringing out true color in the shots.
Check out another amazing accessories for you GoPro Hero 8 here!
And click here if you want to make stunning underwater shots!
5 Best GoPro Hero 8 ND Filters
Here are the five Best ND Filters for GoPro Hero 8:
#1. PolarPro ND Filter 3-Pack
- Engineered specifically for the HERO8 Black camera (only Compatible with Hero8 Black)
- HotSwap Magnetic Filter Base allows for quick filter changes and removals
- Includes ND8, ND16, ND32 filters for all lightning conditions
Built specifically for the GoPro Hero 8 Black camera, this 3-pack ND filter set is a great product from PolarPro. These ND filters have a HotSwap Magnetic Filter Base which allows for quick filter change and removal. So, you can rapidly switch filters according to the light conditions.
This 3-Pack includes ND8, ND16, ND32 filters for all lightning conditions. They let you conveniently modify the shutter speed in different lighting conditions without worrying about over-exposure. All filters have Cinema Series Glass + 16 coating layers to reduce flaring and protect against fingerprints/oils. With ultra-strong magnets, you can be assured of secure connection even in high-vibration motorsports or high-velocity winds.
#2. SANDMARC Cinema 3-Pack ND Filters
- ✔ ND16 (4-Stop ND), ND32 (5-Stop ND), ND64 (6-Stop ND) Filter pack to have...
- ✔ The Cinema ND Filters reduce light coming to the sensor, manage reflections and...
- ✔ Industrial Grade, Ultra Lightweight, Multi-Coated Glass Material
Made with ultra-lightweight, multi-coated glass to ensure a high transmittance rate, the SANDMARC Cinema ND Filters efficiently reduce the light coming into the sensor of GoPro Hero 8. These filters also manage reflections and suppress glare.
The pack includes three neutral density filters including ND16 (4-stop), ND32 (5-stop), and ND64 (6-stop) for increased control of exposure and other camera settings.
#3. NEEWER 58mm Lens Filter Kit
- 【Dual Compatibility】This ND/CPL/UV lens filter kit serves a dual purpose of being...
- 【Quick Filter Installation】The filters in the set can be mounted on 58mm camera...
- 【Various Filtered Effect Available】The neutral density ND4/ND8/ND16/ND32 filters...
Engineered specifically for GoPro Hero 8, this one is a great ND Lens filter kit made by NEEWER. It features four ND Filters, including ND4, ND8, ND16, ND32. They help you reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor and allow you to have more control of the camera’s aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings. The CPL filter helps to remove unwanted reflections plus you will also get UV filter.
TheNEEWER 58mm Lens Filter Kit is made with high grade, multi-coated optical glass, these filters provide crystal clear footage, and the precise machine tooling ensures a secure fit.
#4. LENSKINS 4-Pack Lens Filter
- [High Quality Optic Glass] Japanese made AGC optical glass help you control the light...
- [Magnetic Quick Release System] Strong neodymium magnets hold strong and allows for...
- [Nano Coated] 18-Layer Multi-resistant Nano Coated to significantly reduce lens flare...
This 4-Pack ND Lens Filters by Fstop Labs is built with sharp AGC glass made in Japan. It’s engineered specifically for the GoPro Hero 8 camera. The filters have Magnetic Quick Release System, which means that neodymium magnets hold strong and allow you to quickly swap between the included four filters: ND8, ND16, ND32, and a polarizer.
The set offers multi-coated optics that minimize glare, reflections, and improves image quality. It has hydrophobic nano coating, which reduces fingerprints, fog, water, and dust. The frame of each filter is made up of anodized aluminum, which makes it super-lightweight yet durable.
#5. TELESIN 4-Pack ND Lens Filters
- TELESIN Lens Filter Kit ND8 ND16 ND32, precisely engineered for GoPro Hero 12 Hero 11...
- Made with high grade multi-coated optical glass, high definition glass provides...
- High transmittance over 99.5% does not reduce image quality, ultra-thin glass design...
This is a great ND Lens filter kit made by TELESIN for GoPro Hero 8. It has four ND Filters, including ND8, ND16, ND32, and CPL (Circular Polarizing Filter). They help you reduce the amount of light coming into the sensor and allow you to have more control of the camera’s aperture, exposure time and sensor sensitivity settings.
The CPL filter helps to remove unwanted reflections.The TELESIN 4-Pack ND Lens Filters have high transmittance over 99.5 percent. It means that the image quality remains good and the ultra-thin glass design helps to avoid vignetting.
Which ND Filters to choose for GoPro Hero 8?
Whether you’re a vlogger, an adventure-sports enthusiast, or you just like to shoot your travels, using an ND Filter kit from the ones I’ve reviewed above will surely help you take your video game to the next level. All these ND Filters are amongst the best available in the market. However, I find TELESIN 4-Pack ND Lens Filters the best one among all reviewed filters. This kit is affordable yet with a superior quality. Plus, you get 4 ND filters in the package (unlike the 3-filter kits by many other brands).
Enjoy your GoPro adventures!
If you found this article useful, please help all GoPro users by sharing it with your friends!
- How to fix the color of your GoPro videos (GoPro Color Grading 101)
- 7 Best GoPro (RED) Dive Filters for True Underwater Colors
- Top 14 GoPro Filters (Neutral Density, Polarizing, & Underwater)
- 7 Best GoPro Lens in 2020: Protective / Macro / ND Filter