The first thing that any photographer or videographer looks for in a camera is image and video quality. These days all the good cameras have 4k recording capabilities which not only let you record some stunning footage but also provide excellent stabilization and focus. But if you are on a budget and do not wish to spend too much on a video camera then, you have landed on the right page. In this article, you will get to learn about some of the best Video Cameras (4k) under 1000 $.
3 BEST Video Cameras (4k) Under 1000 $
If you are someone who loves to capture all your adventurous journeys on the go then, buying a video camera with good resolution is a must. Some aspects that you should look into before making your pick are the sensor size (the bigger the better), recording format, stabilization, budget, etc. Below mentioned are three of the best choices for 4k video cameras available for under 1000 dollars.
#1. Sony Alpha a6400
- 20.1MP stacked back illuminated 1" Exmor RS CMOS sensor w/ DRAM, large aperture...
- Enhanced subject capture: wide 425 Phase/ 425 contrast detection points over 84...
- Fast and accurate: Up to 11Fps continuous shooting at 24.2 MP raw with crisp, clear...
If you are a professional, you must be aware that Sony cameras are wonderful when comes to shooting high-quality videos and the Sony Alpha a6400 is on top of the line if we talk about 4k video cameras within a fair budget. The clarity and stability that this device offers are just amazing. No matter what the weather or light conditions are, Alpha a6400 does an exceptional job in shooting professional-level 4k videos. This small and compact mirrorless camera provides impeccable 4K UHD videos @ 120fps. Some other impressive features are its ISO range, autofocus, timelapse, and incredible stability.
The body is made of high-quality material and can withstand harsh weather conditions. Another amazing plus is the adjustable LCD screen which helps in recording mesmerizing views from different angles. Sony Alpha a6400 is a total treat for all travelers. You can click some superb shots on the go with the quick image processor and a pro-sensor. The excellent 4d focus allows better area coverage and thus, lets you capture every detail. It is an all-in-all camera having the best of everything at a modest price.
- 24.2 MP back-illuminated Exmor RS CMOS image sensor
- Adjustable LCD screen
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T lens
- 425 Phase/ 425 contrast-detection AF points
- Continuos Shooting up to 11fps
- High quality 4k videos @ 120fps
The two minor drawbacks are, one the battery life does not work the best in cold conditions so, be ready with a backup, and second the UHS-I card niche.
#2. Nikon D7500
- Class leading image quality, ISO range, image processing and metering equivalent to...
- Large 3.2” 922k dot, tilting Lcd screen with touch functionality. Temperature: 0...
- 51 point AF system with 15 cross type sensors and group area AF paired with up to 8...
The second most desirable model under 1000 dollars for shooting beautiful 4k videos is the Nikon D7500. When we talk about Nikon as a brand, it has given us some solid, high-quality cameras and the D7500 is one awesome choice for shooting some mind-blowing 4k footage. It is hands-down the most versatile camera in the given range. The Nikon D7500 is a powerful 21 Megapixel camera that is an ideal choice for travelers to capture the gorgeous scenery around. It satisfies all the points in the checklist that one considers before buying a 4k video camera. A great lens, incredible ISO range, impressive autofocus quality, and an ability to record professional-looking 4k videos even in low-light conditions.
The Nikon D7500’s Group AF mode allows the user to track moving subjects. Just like the Sony Alpha a6400, it also has a tilting, adjustable LCD screen. You can flip between the various modes and use different features to record some super cool 4k videos. The camera comes with built-in Wifi and a good battery which adds a cherry to the cake. Overall, it is a strong-built camera loaded with all the nice things possible at a very reasonable range to make your upcoming journeys more fun.
- 20.9 MP DX-format image sensor
- Expeed 5 Image Processing
- 8 fps Continuous Shooting
- 51 Point AF System
- 180k pixel RGB sensor
- 4K UHD Video Recording
- Built-in Bluetooth and WiFi capability
There are just a few minor drawbacks like the 4K video is cropped and there is no UHS-II card support. But given the price range and the features it has to offer, they can be neglected.
#3. Canon EOS M50
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast, accurate autofocus that helps you get the photo you want...
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor and the DIGIC 8 Image Processor delivers incredible...
- Vari angle touchscreen LCD has a flexible tilt range ideal for high angle and low...
Lastly, we have the Canon EOS M50. It is cheaper than the other two models mentioned above but is nonetheless an excellent choice for recording 4k videos. For all vloggers and filmmakers out there, this mirrorless camera is built around the EF-M mount and can shoot some crisp and detailed 4k data with great color and dynamic range. The EOS M50 is strongly built and is easy to use due to well-positioned controls. The camera has some amazing features like high ISO performance, marvelous color and hue accuracy, HTP and ALO for high contrast scenes, In-camera HDR mode, extremely fast single-shot autofocus, and 10 fps burst mode.
The Canon EOS M50 features a 3-inch adjustable LCD screen and is capable of shooting exceptional 4K video @ 24fps, Full HD at up to 60fps. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth and supports smaller C-RAW files with minimal loss in image quality. Canon EOS M50 is one of the most affordable yet resourceful 4k video cameras.
- 241 Megapixel APS C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- Tilting LCD touchscreen
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Less noise and high definition in low light
- WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC
- Supports smaller C-RAW files with minimal loss in image quality
- Records 4K video at 24p, Full HD at up to 60p
The things to look out for while buying Canon EOS M50 are the poor battery life and heavily cropped 4K video capture.
Remember to invest in a fast memory card to capture your best shots. Check out: 7 Best Canon m50 Memory Cards for some great options.
Which is The Best Video Camera Under 1000?
All the above-mentioned cameras are the best options under $1000. They will give you stunning results anywhere and everywhere. When choosing a 4k video camera, you should keep in mind all your preferences and features that you want the most. According to your requirements, you can choose the one that would make your trips all the more special. Brands like Sony, Canon, and Nikon are known for quality products and good performance. So, all you got to do now is, make one of them your best bud and be ready to conquer the world with your lens 🙂
If you’re looking for additional high-quality cameras, I suggest checking out the article : 10 Best Cameras for 4k Video.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best 4k video cameras available under 1000 $. 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 7 Best Mirrorless Cameras under $1000 for Video
- 10 BEST Underwater Cameras for Snorkeling & Diving
- 5 BEST Cameras Under 100 Dollars (Beginner’s Guide)
- 5 BEST 4k Point and Shoot Cameras under $500
- 7 Best Cameras Under $400 for Photo & Video