With the advancement in technology, it has now become easier to buy cameras that are affordable and yet loaded with amazing features. If you are someone who loves photography and is looking for a pocket-friendly option then, you have reached the right place. Choosing the right camera out of the hundreds of options available today is not easy. Depending on your requirements and budget, you can pick the one that suits your taste the best.
In this article, you will learn about some of the best cameras for photos and videos available for under 400 dollars.
7 Best Cameras Under $400 for Photo & Video
If you are a photography or videography enthusiast, you already know that there are certain key points to note before buying a camera. Of course, keeping the budget in mind, some parameters to consider are portability, zoom factor, image, and video quality, connectivity, and stability. Below mentioned are some of the best camera options for recording stunning videos and photos under $400. Read on to know more.
#1. Canon EOS Rebel T6
- 180 Megapixel CMOS (APS C) image sensor and high performance DIGIC 4 plus Image...
- ISO 100 6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright light to low light...
- Built in Wi Fi and NFC connectivity provide easy sharing to compatible smart devices,...
The Canon EOS Rebel T6 is a superb DSLR for recording high-quality videos and stunning photos. It features an 8-megapixel CMOS sensor merged with a powerful DICIC 4 plus processor. Also, the camera offers a wide ISO range of 100-6400. The best part is that it works well in all light conditions ensuring full HD video recording at 30fps. Another striking plus is that switching between camera and camcorder modes on this camera is super easy. The Canon EOS Rebel T6 camera offers easy connectivity and has excellent battery life. A perfect buddy for your next trip.
#2. Panasonic Lumix FZ80
- Point and Shoot Long Zoom Camera: 18.1 megapixel MOS sensor plus 60X zooms DC Vario...
- High Resolution View Finder and LCD Display: High resolution 1,170K dot view finder...
- 4K video Capture: 4K QFHD video recording (3840 x 2160) with three unique 4K...
One of the best point-and-shoot cameras for capturing quality videos and photos under 400 dollars is the Panasonic Lumix FZ80. With an 18.1 megapixel 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor and 60x optical zoom lens, it is an amazing choice at the given price. It comes with a 3-inch touchscreen LCD, WiFi connectivity, and USB charging for easy transfer of data. The upside to this camera is the three unique modes to capture 4k videos. The pause and save modes help to extract high-resolution parts of the video filmed. Overall, an amazing choice.
#3. GoPro HERO9 Black
- 5K VIDEO: Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining...
- 20 MP PHOTO WITH SUPERPHOTO: Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And...
- FRONT DISPLAY + REAR TOUCH SCREEN: A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on...
As you must already know that GoPro is a known brand and is trusted for years for its quality and performance. The GoPro Hero 9 Black is an excellent choice for shooting some astounding 5K videos and 20 MP photos. With Hypersmooth 3.0, you can be sure of getting stable and clear outputs in all conditions. With a 23.6MP sensor, it is used to capture crisp and focused footage. Along with a dazzling front display, Hero 9 has a large rear touchscreen with touch zoom. Offering a powerful battery life and sturdy grip, this camera makes it one of our top few choices for under $400.
#4. Nikon Coolpix B500
- 16 megapixel 1/2.3 inches BSI CMOS sensor
- Nikkor f/3.0 6.5 millimeter ED lens
- 22.5 900 millimeter (35 millimeter equivalent)
Bringing you next is a camera packed with awesome features which give some of the higher-priced cameras competition as well. The Nikon Coolpix B500 comes with a 16MP image sensor and an integrated 4.0-160mm Nikkor zoom lens. With such an incredible optical zoom range of 40x, you can now shoot the tiniest of details without much effort. What makes it even more interesting is the camera’s optical lens-based VR technology which ensures ultimate stability. The camera features a 3-inch tilting LCD monitor, multiple shooting modes, a contrast-detect AF system, and Full-HD video recording at up to 60fps.
#5. DJI Osmo Action
- Dual Screens: Osmo Action’s dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch...
- The RockSteady technology combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable,...
- Action camera with 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor, 12MP, wide-angle 145° that allows you to...
Next up, is the DJI Osmo Action camera with dual LCD screens which makes it an ideal choice for selfies and vlogging. It can also shoot amazing slo-mo videos up to 8x. Not only can it shoot super smooth 4K videos @ 60fps owing to its RockSteady stabilization system but also, high-quality photos. The camera is also tested to be waterproof down to 11m making it the perfect underwater companion. This durable, versatile action camera performs well in extremely cold environments with temperatures as low as -10℃. Made with advanced technology and packed with brilliant features, the DJI Osmo Action is a wonderful choice for under $400.
So, Which One Did You Like The Best?
When you are out and about on your shoots and adventures, the one thing that makes your journeys more special is the memories that you capture with your cam. Finding a camera that has numerous interesting features yet is not that heavy on your pocket has become easier. All you got to do is, choose the one that makes you feel more creative and makes your trips more entertaining. Canon’s EOS Rebel T6 is our top choice owing to its superb image quality and amazing features at such a reasonable price.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about the best cameras for photos and videos under $400.
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 7 Best Mirrorless Cameras under $1000 for Video in 2023
- 10 BEST Underwater Cameras for Snorkeling & Diving in 2023
- BEST Mirrorless Camera UNDER $500
- 5 BEST 4k Point and Shoot Cameras under $500 (Guide 2023)
- 7 Best Cameras Under $400 for Photo & Video
- 11 Best DSLR (4k) Cameras Under $1000 [Filmmaker’s Opinion]