Flying drones is always a lot of fun. And, what’s better than being able to fly a drone indoors?
You can use any drone indoors as long as it is kept away from furniture and fixtures. But, some drones are much more suitable for indoor use. The drones built for indoor use are compact in size, and usually don’t feature GPS (since GPS is practically useless indoors). This makes most indoor drones pocket-friendly and great for beginners.
So, if you’re looking for the best indoor drone, this guide will let you discover my selection of some of the best models you can buy in 2023.
5 Best Indoor Drones
Here’s are the 5 best indoor drones available in the market as of 2022. The list includes different types of indoor drones that suit all tastes and budgets.
#1. Potensic A20W Mini Drone | Best Indoor Drone for Children & Beginners (Budget Option)
- Dimensions: 89 x 89 x 31 mm
- Battery Life: 5 + 5 minutes (2 batteries)
- Weight: 25 grams
- 720P HD Pic & Live Video: This drone with camera is equipped with 2.4G WiFi remote...
- Multiple Modes, Get the Most Joy: Potensic A20W is a rc drone for kids 8-12 and new...
- Beginner Friendly, Easy to Control: One key take-off or landing, with simple user...
The Potensic A20W Mini Drone is the best budget indoor drone that you can buy for kids or beginners. This compact drone easily fits in the hand and is incredibly simple to use. Its two thumbstick controls and shoulder buttons let you operate the camera and cycle through the three-speed modes. A20W has a great throttle hold so you don’t need to continuously adjust the throttle to hover. You don’t need to worry about the drone’s orientation too, with its headless mode.
The Potensic A20W offers some great features, like automatic landing, and a red rear LED which flashes when the battery is about to die. The 720p camera it features is also decent enough for beginners in drone photography.
#2. DJI Mini 2 | High-quality 4K Drone that’s Ultralight & Foldable (Pricey)
- Dimensions: 159 x 203mm
- Battery Life: 31 minutes
- Weight: 249 grams
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple...
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content...
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video...
The DJI Mini 2 is an expensive drone with a great 4K camera, solid build quality, and some amazing capabilities for flying indoors and as well as outdoors. It’s meant for professionals as well as beginners who want to seriously pursue drone piloting. Please note that in order to fly indoors, you’ll need to add the optional propellor guards to this drone.
With a 12-megapixel/4K camera, the DJI Mini 2 offers the best quality shots if you compare it to any other drone on this list. For outdoor use, the drone also has altitude sensors and GPS. But, for indoor use, this drone uses a ‘visual positioning system’ to track the surface beneath it, so that it can hover reliably when flying indoors.
#3. EMAX Tinyhawk 2 | Best Indoor FPV Racing Drone
- Dimensions: 6 x 8 x 4 inches
- Battery Life: 4 minutes
- Weight: 181 grams
- EMAX 0110001096 - Tinyhawk II Indoor FPV Racing Drone BNF, F4, 5A
- Includes: (1) Tinyhawk II BNF (1) EMAX 450mAh 1S HV Battery (1) EMAX 300mAh 2S HV...
The EMAX Tinyhawk 2 is a durable drone meant for drone racing enthusiasts or hobbyists. The powerful brushless motors that this drone features let it reach stunning speeds! This super-fast drone comes with a Runcam Nano 2 Camera that can be tilted to an aggressive angle which is really helpful when used at high speeds.
The Tinyhawk 2 is sturdy enough to survive occasional knocks. It has an analog video system, which means that there won’t be any latency that comes with digital encoding/decoding. This drone comes with three modes, which might come in handy for those who are into drone racing.
#4. Ryze Tech Tello | High-Quality Drone at Reasonable Price
- Dimensions: 98 x 93 x 41mm
- Battery Life: 13 minutes
- Weight: 80 grams
- See the World from the Sky: Whether you're at the park or hanging out at home, take...
- Capture Great Pictures and Videos: Tello's camera has a high-quality image sensor to...
- Programming Fun: The Tello EDU app supports Scratch, a kid-friendly programming...
The Ryze Tech Tello is a serious, high-quality drone, unlike a few toy-grade products mentioned on this list. This drone works great when used indoors with amazing features like downward-facing sensors for stable hovering, auto landing, and the capability to react to a wall bounce. It’s great fun flying this drone using button-press flips and stunts.
The Ryze Tech Tello drone’s FPV video can also be seen live on your phone’s screen via the app! The camera of this drone can capture 5MP still photos, and 720p HD stabilized videos. With one-tap EZ Shots, you can shoot pro-level videos and share them on social media directly from your phone.
#5. Force1 F100GP Drone | Long Battery Life
- Dimensions: 5.2 x 5.2 x 1.6 inches
- Battery Life: 30 minutes
- Weight: 63.5 grams
- GoPro Compatible Camera Drone for Adults: The F100GP RC drone is built for adventure...
- High-Powered Brushless Drone Motors: Tougher, more powerful brushless motors give you...
- 1080p HD Wide-Angle Drone Camera: Enjoy panoramic view and perfectly capture moments...
The F100GP drone is suitable for both beginners and experts thanks to its in-built 1080p HD camera and GoPro mount, which allow you to capture high-quality aerial footage with ease. It is equipped with a super-quiet brushless motor that ensures a smooth and stable flight, and it has a flight time of approximately 15-17 minutes.
This quadcopter also comes with a spare battery for longer flights. Its easy-to-use control system allows you to perform impressive 360° flips and switch between high and low speeds to suit your preferences. With a range of 500 meters, you can fly the F100GP drone to capture stunning aerial views.
Syma drones can be a great option for beginners, especially those who plan to fly indoors. These drones are generally small and lightweight, making them easy to maneuver in tight spaces. They also tend to be very affordable, making them a good choice for those who want to get started with drone flying without breaking the bank.
Which one is the Best Indoor Drone for You?
Well, the best indoor drone for you depends upon various factors, such as your purpose, preferences, budget, etc. If you want a budget indoor drone that’s stable and perfect for use by children or beginners, the Potensic A20W Mini Drone is a perfect choice. For those who don’t mind spending extra for a drone with top-notch specs and a high-quality 4K camera, the DJI Mini 2 is the best indoor drone. Lastly, for racing enthusiasts, I strongly recommend the EMAX Tinyhawk 2.
Thanks for reading!
I hope this guide helped you learn about some of the best indoor drones available on the market for photo & video 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends!
- 7 Cheapest Drones for GoPro [2022 Review]
- 7 Best Drones for GoPro: Full Review & Specs Comparison
- GoPro Karma Drone: Should You Buy It in 2022?
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Full Comparison & Review
- 7 Best SD Card for DJI Osmo in 2022