Just imagine if you could perfectly record everything around you without needing to focus on any particular thing or worrying about whether you’re getting stable shots. Wouldn’t it be just like a dream? A good 360-degree camera literally does all that for you, whether you’re a casual videographer, a vlogger, or a professional filmmaker. And the Insta360 ONE X2 is one of the best 360-degree cameras around. It is a promising camera that addresses a lot of shortcomings of its predecessor.
Physically it doesn’t seem that a lot has changed on the new version – One X2 (except the display, of course). However, when you put your hands on the new Insta360 ONE X2, it just feels much better – whether it’s due to the better processing power, or a much-improved app.
The Insta360 ONE X2 is a worthy competitor of the GoPro MAX, as they both belong to the same 360-degree action camera space. In this post, you’ll learn all about the Insta360 ONE X2 – its full review, information about its various features, specs & creative effects, and how it fares when compared to GoPro MAX.
So, let’s get started!
Insta360 ONE X2: Specifications
Here are the main specs of the Insta360 ONE X2 action camera:
- El peso: 149g (5.25oz)
- Dimensiones: 4.62 x 11.30 x 2.98 cm (1.82 x 4.45 x 1.17in)
- Resolución de fotos:
- 360 – 6080 x 3040 (2:1)
- Pano – 4320 x 1440 (3:1)
- Resolución de vídeo:
- 360 – 5.7K/30fps, 4K/50fps, 3K/100fps
- Wide Angle (Steady Cam Mode) – 1440p/50fps, 1080p/50fps
- Photo Modes: Standard, HDR, Burst, Interval, Night Shot, PureShot, InstaPano
- Video Modes: Standard, HDR, Timelapse, TimeShift, Bullet Time, Steady Cam
- Video Bitrate: 100Mbps
- Waterproofing: IPX8, 10 meters/33 feet
- Battery Capacity: 1630mAh
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi, USB (Type-C)
- Charging Time: 85 Minutes
- Run Time: [email protected] – 80 minutes
- En la caja: Insta360 ONE X2, Battery, Charge Cable, Protective Pouch, QuickStart Guide, Warranty Card
- Precio: Check current price here
Insta360 ONE X2: Full Review
El Insta360 ONE X2 is an impressive 360-degree camera that lets you create some amazing, cinematic shots without the need for drones or a camera crew. From widescreen video to special effects like stop-motion, clone trail and fly lapse, it is packed with some interesting modes. With clever AI editing, the Insta360 ONE X2 can turn the most basic of videos into a truly cinematic experience.
If you rather prefer to watch my video review of the Insta360 ONE X2, click the play button below and enjoy the ride!
The Insta360 ONE X2 is the upgraded version of the original ONE X camera. So, what’s new in this upgraded camera? We’ll find out in this section.
While both the cameras look quite similar, the most visible upgrade on the new version is the color OLED Touchscreen with 360° Live Preview. Other than that, the ONE X2 comes IPX8 waterproof right out of the box, which means you can use it up to 10 meters underwater – no case needed! One X, on the other hand, requires the Venture/Dive Case. The battery on One X2 is also 55% larger than One X.
In addition, the Insta360 ONE X2 also includes several new features. Here are those:
Steady Cam – The One X2 has a Steady Cam mode that delivers 2560×1440 wide-angle capture. All Steady Cam files on the One X2 are saved in .mp4 format to allow for instant editing and sharing. You can either opt for shooting with basic in-camera stabilization or editing in the app/Studio using FlowState Stabilization and horizon leveling.
New Shooting Techniques – The ONE X2 brings a bunch of new ways to shoot. Here are those:
- InstaPano – Through this technique, you get flat panoramas in seconds – without any editing or awkward camera movements.
- PureShot – This one is a photo mode that brings out the detail even in tough lighting conditions, for example, while shooting a photo of a cityscape at night.
- AquaVision – AquaVison is great for divers. It makes water crystal clear by balancing colors.
- Auto Frame – In this mode, the camera uses AI to pick your best shots for you. All you need to do is to shoot 360 content and let the app find the highlights of your content automatically.
- Webcam Mode – This mode lets you use your One X2 as a webcam. Just connect the camera to your favorite conferencing platform, and you can view the entire room on split-screen.
- MultiView – MultiView allows you to show two angles at once. You can also toggle on MultiView on the touchscreen while shooting. MultiView on One X2 also has face tracking to keep you in the frame.
Interested? Get free accessories when you buy it from the link below:
Measuring 46 x 113 x 29 mm and weighing 149 grams, the ONE X2 is a pocket-sized camera. It includes a 1/4-inch thread on its bottom that lets you attach a tripod. You can also attach the Insta360 stick (sold separately) to it. The stick surprisingly becomes invisible when you look at the 360 shots while holding it. The side of One X2 holds a USB-C slot for recharging, as well as a microSD card slot. One X2 can also be used with a wide range of mounts and accessories, including motorcycle mount, helmet mount, etc.
Photo & Video
The One X2 features two fisheye lenses (like all 360 cameras) that are capable of shooting 5.7K/30 frames per second (fps) video. The video is stitched together in-camera to create a 360-degree shot. And, the Insta360’s FlowState stabilization ensures that the video is always stable and shake-free. When it comes to stills, the camera can capture 18.4-megapixel photos.
Upon usage, I felt that the audio quality provided by the in-built microphones on the One X2 offer a pretty-decent audio quality. It’s very clear and without much disturbance. However, if you want highly professional-sounding videos for your vlogs, I would recommend using an external microphone.
The Insta 360 One X2 is certified IPX8 waterproof, just like the GoPro Max, and can be taken 10 meters underwater without a housing case. But, if you want to take it down further, such as while diving in the sea, don’t forget to use the housing.
The Insta360 ONE X2 has a slide-out 1,630mAh battery that offers a runtime of around 80 minutes while shooting at the camera’s highest resolution 5.7K/30fps. The battery is securely fastened into the camera, and it takes around 1 hour 25 minutes to fully charge the battery.
The Insta360 ONE X2 also has a mobile app that’s available for both Android and iOS devices. It’s super intuitive and simple to use and learn. Even beginners can easily edit their videos shot on the One X2. You can perform all the basic edits to your videos on this app, like splitting the clip, changing the video speed and volume, adding music and filters, doing color correction, and so on. The one thing that I loved the most about the app is that you can easily choose the frame that you want to show on the final clip out of the raw 360-degree footage shot on the One X2.
Insta360 ONE X2 vs GoPro Max
Insta360 ONE X2 and GoPro Max are two highly similar cameras that are primarily for 360-degree shots. Both feature one lens that can shoot normal videos too. Therefore, it’s likely that your experience with both cameras will be pretty similar.
Released in late 2019, GoPro Max is the second generation 360 camera from GoPro. Insta360 ONE X2, on the other hand, is a comparatively newer camera that was released in November 2020. It is a follow-up to the highly popular One X with improved color & processing power. Max is considered to be the best 360 camera presently, thanks to the GoPro brand, excellent video quality, easy-to-use editing app, and excellent design.
Overall, the GoPro Max tends to shoot slightly higher-quality videos. However, the Insta 360 One X2 has better and more effective software. It also features some amazing photography features that are missing on Max. So, for photos, the One X2 is a much better option.
Should you buy the Insta360 ONE X2?
The Insta360 ONE X2 is definitely an impressive 360-degree camera with lots of creative editing modes for wide-screen videos. It produces some amazing photos and videos with special effects modes and clever AI editing. The extensive editing suite and InstaPano photos make One X2 even more impressive!
The things that I love the most about this camera include – its compact size, wonderful design, and its app that’s highly intuitive & easy to use. Overall the Insta360 ONE X2 is a must-buy 360-degree camera today.
Interested? Get free accessories when you buy it from the link below:
¡Gracias por leer! 🙏
I hope this guide helped you learn all about the Insta360 ONE X2. 🙂
Compartir es cuidar ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends 🙂
- Fecha de lanzamiento de la GoPro Hero 10, rumores secretos, características, precio
- Tutorial de la GoPro Hero 9: Consejos para empezar
- 10 MEJORES accesorios de GoPro Hero 9 para viajes y acción 
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Comparación completa y revisión
- 7 mejores tarjetas SD para el DJI Osmo en 2021