El GoPro Hero 5 Session is a waterproof action camera that was launched by GoPro in September 2018. It’s a nice, compact camera for action sports & travel photography. The key features of this camera include a small durable design, 4K video, and 10MP photo capabilities.
But, is the GoPro Hero 5 Session worth buying in 2022? We’ll find out in this post by comparing the Hero 5 Session with its closest competitor – the DJI Action 2.
So, let’s dive in!
GoPro Hero 5 Session: Key Specifications
Aquí están los especificaciones clave of the GoPro Hero 5 Session camera:
- Dimensiones: 1.43 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches
- El peso: 75 grams
- Video Capture Resolution: 4K, 2.7K, 1440p, 1080p
- Photo: 10 MP
- Impermeable: Yes, down to 33 feet (10meter)
- Connectivity: USB, WiFi, Bluetooth
- Image Stabilization: Sí
- Voice Control: Sí
- Image Capture Speed: 48 fps (2.7K)
- La GoPro Hero 5 session incluye: Cámara Hero5 session, con montura estándar, curvada...
- Asegúrate de que tu GoPro está cargada; Para cargar tu cámara, utiliza un cable USB y un ordenador...
- Características y beneficios adicionales de la sesión GoPro Hero5 a continuación en la página del artículo; Las fotos son...
GoPro Hero 5 Session: Features
Here are the main features of the GoPro Hero 5 Session, and how it compares with the latest DJI Action 2 on each of these parameters:
The Hero 5 Session is a really simple action camera. It is, literally, a small cube that features just two buttons and one side flap that houses the USB-C port and MicroSD card slot. The shutter button on the top also acts as a power-on switch and will start recording video automatically. It is waterproof to 33 feet (10m) without housing.
The Hero 5 Session weighs 75 grams. In comparison, the DJI Action 2 comes in at a feather-light 57 grams. Design-wise the DJI Action 2 is quite similar to the GoPro Hero 5 Session, but it features a premium, smart modular design. You get one of two additional modules in the box, either a front display with a battery or just the battery. But, please note that while the main unit is waterproof to 10m (just like Hero 5 Session), its modules aren’t water-resistant without a case.
Calidad de video
Hero 5 Session tops out at 4K/30fps, which is a huge upgrade over the previous Session’s 1440p/30fps. In 2.7K resolution, the Hero 5 Session is limited to a maximum of 48fps, while at 1440p – it tops out at 60fps. But, when you compare the resolution Hero 5 Session with the DJI Action 2, the former falls short. The DJI Action can record 4K videos at 120fps – which means you can shoot some amazing slow-motion shots at 4K resolution.
As for the quality of the Hero 5 Session’s video, it’s much improved over the old Session, and almost at parity with the Hero 5 Black. The old Session recorded videos at a bitrate of 25Mb/s, while Hero 5 Session now records at 60Mb/s. In comparison, the DJI Action 2’s max video bitrate is way higher at 130 Mb/s.
In the Hero 5 Session, the photos are captured at 10MPwith a 4:3 aspect ratio, while in the case of DJI Action 2, the photo resolution is 12MP. So, the DJI Action 2 is the clear winner here.
Onboard the Hero 5 Session, you get two microphones. Therefore, the audio is average. The DJI Action 2, on the other hand, has four microphones on board so you get crystal clear audio for your videos.
Campo de visión
The Hero 5 Session offers a 150-degree wide FOV while the DJI Action 2 offers a super-wide FOV of 155 degrees. Also, DJI offers this FOV at 4K too, but in the case of Hero 5 Session, you get it at 2.7K max.
So, Should You Buy GoPro Hero 5 Session in 2022?
Based on the above comparison between the GoPro Hero 5 Session and the latest action camera by DJI – the DJI Action 2, it’s pretty clear that the Hero 5 Session lags behind in almost all aspects, whether it is the resolution, design, or audio performance. And, that’s quite unsurprising, considering the fact that the Hero 5 Session was launched more than three years ago.
To add to this, the Hero 5 Session is discontinued by GoPro. So, you won’t find a new Hero 5 Session on the GoPro official website. On Amazon, it is priced more than its more recent and advanced competitors (including the DJI Action 2).
Therefore, it’s definitely not a great idea to buy a GoPro Hero 5 Session in 2022. You have many better options available on the market today, which include: the DJI Action 2 (of course), and the Insta360 ONE R.
Have a look at these cameras below:
DJI Action 2
- Snap Into Your Environment - Action 2's innovative magnetic design allows you to...
- Action on the Go - The ultra-compact DJI Action 2 takes up next to no room in your...
- Footage That Speaks for Itself - Action 2's ultra-wide FOV lets you capture more of...
Insta360 ONE R Twin Edition
- 5.7K 360 + 4K Wide Angle: ONE R Twin Edition transforms on the fly from a 360-degree...
- FlowState Stabilization: FlowState achieves gimbal-like image stabilization without...
- Super 5.7K: The Dual-Lens 360 Mod raises the bar with Super 5.7K resolution,...
¡Gracias por leer! 🙏
I hope this post helped you know whether you should buy the GoPro Hero 5 Session in 2022. 🙂
Compartir es cuidar ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends 🙂
- 7 Osmo Action Accessories for You Need in 2021
- 5 Best ND Filters & Polarized Filters for DJI Osmo Action
- DJI Osmo Action vs GoPro HERO 8: Comparación completa y revisión
- 7 mejores tarjetas SD para el DJI Osmo en 2021
- Fecha de lanzamiento de la GoPro Hero 10, rumores secretos, características, precio