The GoPro cameras are amongst the first 4K action cameras released to the public. However, today there are a lot more options available for those who want a 4K action/sports camera without having to break the bank. These cameras are affordable, yet have most of the features that a GoPro offers.
So, if you are looking for the best GoPro-like 4K action camera, then this post is for you. We will go over 5 different 4K cameras like GoPro that you can get in 2023! You’ll also find some reasons why it’s sometimes better to get a camera like GoPro instead of the GoPro itself.
Why Choose a GoPro Alternative?
GoPros are great cameras. There are plenty of reasons to get a GoPro. So, why would you want to get a GoPro alternative and not the GoPro in the first place? Here are the main reasons:
- Price: This is one of the biggest considerations when choosing to purchase a new action cam. Instead of paying over $300 for something that will only be used once or twice per year, many people turn elsewhere with varying costs from around $125 on up (sometimes even less). The choice really comes down to how often you want your equipment available at hand versus what it’s worth so long as it gets the job done!
- Use Case: Use case is another consideration. For example, if all you need is waterproof capabilities then why spend more than necessary? You can buy other cameras in this price range which offer limited underwater capability without spending too much money.
5 Best 4K Cameras Like GoPro
Here are five of our favorite 4k cameras like GoPro you can get in 2023:
#1: AKASO V50X
Our Top Pick!
- UPGRADE SERIES OF AKASO V50: Featuring 4K/30fps, 2.7K 30fps and 2K 60fps video...
- INTUITIVE TOUCH SCREEN: With a touch screen and simple, streamlined capture modes,...
- ELECTRONIC IMAGE STABILIZATION: AKASO V50X action camera records smooth, steady video...
The AKASO V50X Native 4K action camera is the perfect camera for any adventure. It has an intuitive touchscreen, WiFi and gyroscope so it’s easy to use on your own or with friends. You can capture footage from 70° to wide angle shots up to 170° with adjustable viewing angles. And with 12MP Sony sensor that not only produces great quality in daylight but also decent quality low light shots, you’ll never miss a moment of your life again! Plus, we loved the picture quality and image stabilization – this camera won’t let you down when capturing those moments!
What’s more? You also get some amazing accessories included in the package: a waterproof case, a remote control, a helmet mount and many more useful things.
#2: Apeman A100
Another High-Quality GoPro Alternative with great EIS
No products found.
The Apeman A100 is the perfect alternative to GoPro Hero series. It has all of the features you need in an action camera, like 4K video quality and electronic image stabilization. You can’t go wrong with this one!
The Apeman A100 is a wonderful action camera. It’s small, lightweight and easy to use. You can record up to 4K video at 30fps or 1080p HD video at 60fps with this device. Plus, it has electronic image stabilization which makes your videos look very realistic! With its 2 inch retina display screen, you’ll be able to see your photos and videos in high quality. And with a battery backup of about 1 hour, you won’t have to worry about running out of juice while recording an important event! This is one of the cheapest native 4K cameras around – so don’t miss out on this deal!
#3: YI 4K Action and Sports Camera
Durable & Quality Action Camera
- Superb Image Quality – Records 4K/30fps (100mbps), 2.7k/60fps, 1080p/120fps,...
- Long Battery Life – High capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery records up to...
- Intuitive Touchscreen UI - Built-in 2.2” high responsive LCD touchscreen with 640 X...
The Yi 4K Action and Sports Camera is a great option for those who want to capture their favorite moments in life. It has a 12MP lens, which means it captures high-quality images. With this camera, you’ll be able to record videos in 4K/30 fps. It’s easy to use, and has an amazing image quality! Plus you get some great features like a 2.2 inch scratch resistant LCD touchscreen made with Gorilla Glass, built-in bluetooth & WiFi support, and voice control for easy hands-free operation.
This camera is highly durable so you can take it anywhere without worry of breaking it. We love how well the Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) feature stabilizes footage!
#4: Xiaomi Mijia Mini 4K
A Stylish & Budget-friendly GoPro Alternative
- Video Recorder At 4k Resolution is Four Time The Resolution of 1080p HD...
- One Secret To Having A High Definition Shot is Adequate Lightning Mijia Developed a...
- Xiaomi Mijia action camera comes with an IMX317 image sensor, 7 glass lens, Ambarella...
The Xiaomi Mi Mijia 4K action camera is an amazing device for capturing all of life’s moments. This high-quality camera has got a lot of features that make it perfect for any type of shooting situation. You can use it as a dash cam, take photos with its 8 MP camera, or shoot videos at 30 fps and up to 4k resolution. All this comes at a budget-friendly price too!
If you’re worried about shaky footage, don’t be! This camera’s Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) ensures that your video looks smooth even when filming fast-moving objects. And we love how sleek and stylish the design is! Plus, the image quality is something we’re highly impressed about – low light shots look great too.
#5: Campark X20 4K
Cheapest Camera on this List!
No products found.
Campark X20 4K is the cheapest 4K action camera on this list. It has a recording ability of 4K/30 fps and a 20 MP camera for photos.
With a wide-angle lens up to 170° and EIS, you get amazing quality, shake-free shots. X20 is made up of high quality plastic material and feels pretty durable. With the included waterproof housing, the camera can go underwater up to 40m (131 feet). The package includes some incredibly useful things: bicycle & helmet mounting kits, a Remote Control and a Waterproof Case.
Can GoPro-Like Cameras Beat The Real Thing?
I’ve come across this question quite a few times! Sure, some of the products on this list happen to be quite good and you may find that they meet your needs just as well or even better than an original model would have. But, can these cameras really compare in quality? To say the truth, when I think about the real thing vs imitations, I cannot help but feel grateful for having something like a GoPro. While other cameras are sometimes decent too, nothing beats GoPro’s path-breaking features like HyperSmooth, Waterproof capabilities without a housing, or the more recently introduced 5K recording!
Therefore, although these alternative brands will serve us well enough most days with their own unique benefits (mostly the cost), if our goal is top-notch quality of shots and versatility, then I believe that investing in one of those GoPros is a wise choice.
Final Words: Which GoPro-Like Camera to Choose?
While all the GoPro-like cameras mentioned in the above list provide great quality of shots – with EIS and native 4K video recording capability – if you ask me which one is the best, I’d say the AKASO V50X. Its quality is top-notch and the closest to GoPro, and it provides some amazing wide-angle shots too! For those who want a decent & low-cost 4K action camera, Campark X20 4K is a great option too.
Thanks for reading! ?
I hope this guide helped you know about some great 4K cameras like GoPro that you can get in 2023 🙂
Sharing is Caring ❤️
If you found this article useful, please share it on social media with your family and friends ?
- Top 7 Cheap GoPro Alternatives Under $100 [Review 2023]
- Easy to Use GoPro for Kids (+ Alternatives) in 2023
- GoPro Karma Drone: Should You Buy It in 2023?
- Akaso v50 Pro vs GoPro Hero 8 [Full Comparison 2023]